Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

F1 - where is the thread?

Search this Thread

Old 27 July 2014, 03:40 PM
Cpt Jack Sparrow
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by f1_fan
I don't especially like what I know of Alonso, but I enjoy watching him drive which is why he is on my TV. I certainly don't feel a need to comment on his haircut or wish his car to fail. Maybe you should stick to football where stupid opinions are the norm

Sorry to let your views down again but I don't watch foot ball

You got that wrong didn't you
Old 27 July 2014, 03:41 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The drivers are contractually obliged to wear the cap at certain times - such as in the post-quali/race interviewing pen and on the podium. In fact, pretty much when not driving.
Anyway, how is his style of (mandatory, corporate) cap nominally any different to the rest of the drivers'?

Or are you talking about a particular cap he chooses to don in his private life?

Last edited by joz8968; 27 July 2014 at 03:44 PM.
Old 27 July 2014, 03:42 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cpt Jack Sparrow

Sorry to let your views down again but I don't watch foot ball

You got that wrong didn't you
You should, you're made for each other
Old 27 July 2014, 03:46 PM
Cpt Jack Sparrow
Scooby Regular

You should, you're made for each other
Like the way you don't like people having view against yours.

I'll just leave this now safe in the knowledge I actually know way more about Lewis that you will ever know about me.

Its not just what you see on the TV

Good bye
Old 27 July 2014, 03:50 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cpt Jack Sparrow
Like the way you don't like people having view against yours.

I'll just leave this now safe in the knowledge I actually know way more about Lewis that you will ever know about me.

Its not just what you see on the TV

Good bye
Yes, best to withdraw now before making even more of a fool of yourself. Oh and you're wrong as you only think Lewis is a ***** whereas you have just removed any doubt of that about yourself.
Old 27 July 2014, 03:51 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Lewis wears a different style cap to Nico, Lewis's cap is more akin to 50 cent's but that's his chosen style I suppose, gangster rapper

http://www.formula1.com/wi/gi/597x47...l1406ap123.jpg

Originally Posted by joz8968
The drivers are contractually obliged to wear the cap at certain times - such as in the post-quali/race interviewing pen and on the podium. In fact, pretty much when not driving.
Anyway, how is his style of (mandatory, corporate) cap nominally any different to the rest of the drivers'?

Or are you talking about a particular cap he chooses to don in his private life?

Last edited by nik52wrx; 27 July 2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 27 July 2014, 04:03 PM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

FFS is a British driver really being criticized on the cap he wears off of the track?
Old 27 July 2014, 04:11 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kwik
FFS is a British driver really being criticized on the cap he wears off of the track?
Pathetic isn't it?
Old 28 July 2014, 12:34 AM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Had to watch the race in the back end of nowhere so the signal was crap but a good race once again.

Well done Lewis Hamilton, keep it up.
Old 28 July 2014, 08:49 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

He's simply awesome isn't he, The Hammy haters will be drowning in their Corn flakes this morning!..
Old 28 July 2014, 09:38 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good race yesterday, and full of incidents.
Has to be one of the best races i've watched.

Hamilton did very well, but was incredibly lucky to get away with that schoolboy error at the start.
Vettel was even more lucky that he somehow failed to hit the pit wall.

Well done to Alonso for getting second, I was sure he'd have ended up fourth give how old those tyres were.

As for the team order - I think Hamilton was right to do what he did.
But why would the team issue such a demand in the first place - given the circumstances in the championship between the two drivers?
Old 28 July 2014, 09:46 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
As for the team order - I think Hamilton was right to do what he did.
But why would the team issue such a demand in the first place - given the circumstances in the championship between the two drivers?
To be fair they were just looking at it from a team perspective. Had Lewis ceded the position Rosberg would probably have won with Lewis fourth as opposed to the actual result where they came fourth and third.

Afterwards Niki Lauda and latterly Toto Wolff have stated they were wrong to do it and it was a bit of a 'in the heat of the battle' decision.

The really sad thing is they could have had a 1-2 IMO. I couldn't believe it when they pitted Hamilton for medium tyres. If they had gone for softs then Hamilton would have had to have another set later like Rosberg, but would have been on much faster rubber at the end and with the car advantage I think both he and Rosberg could have passed Riccardio and Alonso for a 1-2, but I guess they had their reasons.
Old 29 July 2014, 01:28 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Lewis wears a stupid, over-sized cap, so what? Seb can do better.
Old 29 July 2014, 08:18 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Vettle, nope still not impressed.

He may be a multi world champion, but at the time's he won it totally dominant car. He didn't even beat paul diresta in GP3 (I think its was GP3) and now he's got a hard charge team mate he's falling over.
Old 29 July 2014, 08:24 AM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy

He may be a multi world champion, but at the time's he won it totally dominant car. He didn't even beat paul diresta in GP3 (I think its was GP3) and now he's got a hard charge team mate he's falling over.
So where do Mercedes stand now they have the dominant car?
Old 29 July 2014, 11:52 AM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy

You dont get to were Vettle is on good look, and some formulas/cars suit some people more than others.
Old 29 July 2014, 12:09 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

I would rather discuss track action than the drives hats and them spitting dummies out etc....but.

Did you see Rosbergs face after the race Hamilton can get a hard time on here with people saying that he is a big baby and things to that effect but Rosberg looked like he had been bitch slapped.

I had a interview of Rosbergs in mind from before the race where he had been saying that he would like the opportunity to fight it out on the track with Hamilton . It probably sounded like a good thing to say when he was on pole and Hamilton was starting from the pits.

I like to think that Rosberg in his heart knows that when ever he battles with Hamilton he is most likely going to be the one whos worse off. I mean it's not even as if Hamilton has a car in good shape when these little fights happen.
Old 29 July 2014, 12:19 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chris j t
Rosberg looked like he had been bitch slapped.
Didn't he just.

I thought Hammy drove a great race and made the best of a bad start to the weekend.
Ricciardo is going to be one to watch, as is Bottas methinks.
Old 29 July 2014, 12:26 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blue by You
:lol: Didn't he just.

I thought Hammy drove a great race and made the best of a bad start to the weekend.
Ricciardo is going to be one to watch, as is Bottas methinks.
I agree, iam not convinced that either of them are world champion material just yet but if there was extra points for being a nice guy Ricciardo would win. I think Ricciardo is just enjoying racing for the moment and seems to be in a good place, ahead of Vettle :lol1:.

Last edited by Carnut; 29 July 2014 at 12:32 PM.
Old 29 July 2014, 12:44 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chris j t
You dont get to were Vettle is on good look, and some formulas/cars suit some people more than others.
This is very true. Vettel in the blown diffuser car was unstoppable as the car was great, but he has a style that can extract the most from it.

That said there are only two drivers on the grid who can grind a result out of just about any car... Alonso and Hamilton.

Everyone kept saying Hamilton eats up tyres so when the tyre regs came along with tyres that wore out more quickly he was expected to be nowhere... within 3 races he was using his tyres better than Jenson as he adapted his style.

Same this year. Everyone said he would eat up more fuel due to his aggressive style yet every race he is the guy using the least fuel outside of the slippery Williams cars.

He has also won at least one race in every F1 car he has driven and hence in every season.

Alonso is the same, he will get the best out of anything he sits in. That is why, for me, they are the two best drivers in F1 right now. Vettel, Rosberg, Ricciardo and Kimi are all in a very close second, but those two have that extra something.

For instance of the four drivers who were 'penalised' because of when the safety car came out on Sunday who finished on the podium.... yep Alonso!

Last edited by f1_fan; 29 July 2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old 29 July 2014, 11:05 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

This is very true. Vettel in the blown diffuser car was unstoppable as the car was great, but he has a style that can extract the most from it.

That said there are only two drivers on the grid who can grind a result out of just about any car... Alonso and Hamilton.

Everyone kept saying Hamilton eats up tyres so when the tyre regs came along with tyres that wore out more quickly he was expected to be nowhere... within 3 races he was using his tyres better than Jenson as he adapted his style.

Same this year. Everyone said he would eat up more fuel due to his aggressive style yet every race he is the guy using the least fuel outside of the slippery Williams cars.

He has also won at least one race in every F1 car he has driven and hence in every season.

Alonso is the same, he will get the best out of anything he sits in. That is why, for me, they are the two best drivers in F1 right now. Vettel, Rosberg, Ricciardo and Kimi are all in a very close second, but those two have that extra something.

For instance of the four drivers who were 'penalised' because of when the safety car came out on Sunday who finished on the podium.... yep Alonso!
Old 24 August 2014, 07:22 PM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

Things just got a little more interesting...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/28921431

Lewis Hamilton claims Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg admitted in a post-race meeting that he deliberately hit him during Sunday's Belgian Grand Prix.

Hamilton's race was effectively ended when he suffered a puncture on lap two at Spa after Rosberg collided with him.

The German went on to finish second, extending his lead in the championship to 29 points with seven races left.

"We just had a meeting about it and he basically said he did it on purpose," said Hamilton.

The 2008 world champion added: "He said he could have avoided it, but he didn't want to. He basically said, 'I did it to prove a point'."

Hamilton said he was "gobsmacked" by Rosberg's admission.

"He just came in there and said it was my fault," added Hamilton, who returned to the race after having his left rear tyre replaced only to quit with just a few laps remaining.

Rosberg has yet to react to Hamilton's claims but Mercedes said Hamilton's remarks were a "broadly accurate" representation of what went on in the meeting.

Mercedes Formula 1 boss Toto Wolff has already said the incident was "absolutely unacceptable" and blamed Rosberg for causing it.

--------------

I thought it was just a racing incident with no intent, obviously not.
Old 24 August 2014, 07:48 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Maybe Rosberg learned more from Schumy than we were given to believe!
I hope that's not true because it will cast a shadow over anything that passes between the two of them for at least the rest of the season.
Old 24 August 2014, 07:53 PM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

Maybe Rosberg learned more from Schumy than we were given to believe! I hope that's not true because it will cast a shadow over anything that passes between the two of them for at least the rest of the season.
I've just read that Mercedes have said action would be taken or words to that effect. But it may just be a rumour.
Old 24 August 2014, 08:33 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Maybe Rosberg learned more from Schumy than we were given to believe!
I hope that's not true because it will cast a shadow over anything that passes between the two of them for at least the rest of the season.
As someone who lived through every agonising episode of Prost/Senna, this has all the hallmarks of being exactly the same.

One of them will have to leave the team at the end of the season and my money would be on Hamilton as Mercedes will want the number 1 on their car and I think Hamilton's chance of the championship is gone now.... unless Mercedes hit Nico with a one race ban..... and I really can't see that happening.

Very sad as this year was a great chance for Lewis, but other than the one mistake in Austria qualifying he has been a passenger in his own undoing (yes I know he messed up Silverstone qualifying, but he won the race so it didn't cost him).

That said F1 has a certain element of luck and that's the way it is and always has been!
Old 24 August 2014, 08:50 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Pathetic isn't it?
I'm more concerned about the idiotic diamond studs he wears. Why doesn't someone tell him...
Old 24 August 2014, 08:53 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
I'm more concerned about the idiotic diamond studs he wears. Why doesn't someone tell him...
That's because you're the sort of shallow personality who would rather comment on someone's appearance than their talent! That said we already knew that about you so I probably didn't need to post this. HTH
Old 24 August 2014, 08:56 PM
SCD Simon
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 13 Posts

I've watched Rosberg's in car footage a couple of times and he was turning in then turned away but the turned back in again then bang ! He's not a novice ;-)
Old 24 August 2014, 08:58 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

That's because you're the sort of shallow personality who would rather comment on someone's appearance than their talent! That said we already knew that about you so I probably didn't need to post this. HTH
He shares a similar level off dikishnes with you
Old 24 August 2014, 09:03 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Another Kraut playing dirty, nothing new there then.....

Quick Reply: F1 - where is the thread?