Subaru Discussion Forums

Go Back   ScoobyNet > Off Topic > DIY
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

DIY Household DIY, etc

Welcome to ScoobyNet.com!
Subaru forum
Welcome to the ScoobyNet.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 19 February 2003, 16:11   #1
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Trader Score: (2)
Send a message via MSN to Jay m A
This is my Scooby.  To set up your own Scooby, go to your user cp, and click 'Edit Settings'.
Question

Because I've looked and I can't find one

Problem is the downstairs loo, its going to be a small room (not built yet) and I want to get the pan as close to the back wall as poss. The drain comes in at the side, so a conventional pan needs a 90 degree exit pipe anyway, and needs to be mounted forward a bit to acommodate this.

Failing that, are there any pans that are 'more compact'

Basically I need a website with a **** load of different bogs in

Thanks

Justin
Old 19 February 2003, 16:32   #2
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Trader Score: (0)
Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Send a message via MSN to David_Wallis
you can but a pipe with a right angeled bend on the end... the outlet doesnt sit flush with the cistern anyway so there would be room for one..

David
David_Wallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2003, 17:20   #3
chiark
Scooby Regular

As David says... Our downstairs toilet does just this - into a right angle, then into another right angle...
chiark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2003, 18:02   #4
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

This is my Scooby.  To set up your own Scooby, go to your user cp, and click 'Edit Settings'.
Thumbs up

Thanks, I know what you mean. I was going to mount the cistern high up so the pan can go further back if you see what I mean. But then I suppose I need some space for the cistern pipe entry. Time for another measure..

Anyway, has anyone seen a side exit WC, out of curiosity?
Old 19 February 2003, 19:52   #5
RON
Scooby Regular

Jay,
I'm currently fitting an 'Ideal Standard' 'Space' loo into my new house, they do it so that it comes out from the corner at 45degs if you want it, thats what I've got, even the regular fit ones are small, have a look for them, they are small!
RON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2003, 22:05   #6
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

have you thought about a corner loo like This one (pic 4). Could maximise the space you have. 164 for the bowl, 110 for the cistern according to the price list.

Steve
stevem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2003, 22:15   #7
RON
Scooby Regular

Thasts the one I'm fitting, the trouble I'm having is that the crap still comes out of the centre of the pan, therefore, it goes straight into the corner, and have you ever tried getting hold of a 45deg loo connector........... and b4 dw says it, I don't like the flexible ones, too many ridges for the crap to stick to!!
RON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2003, 14:56   #8
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Thanks chaps, BTW I was in Wickes yesterday and they do a spacesaver 90 degree wastepipe, I'm thinking of doing it this way. Also, I'm sure they did a 45 degreee exit pipe as well.

Justin
Old 20 February 2003, 15:57   #9
jhd
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

have you thought about a macerator toilet - small bore with electric pump. try this article - http://www.nhic.org.uk/pages/0003307.htm - (sorry haven't got a clue how to make it a clicky )

Wickes used to sell them
jhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2003, 16:14   #10
Fig
Scooby Regular

Clicky
Fig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2003, 17:52   #11
scooby nutter
Scooby Regular

cant you just use a 90 degree mulitikwik??

scooby nutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2003, 12:17   #12
Nate
Orange Club

Just a quick note ..... ScrewfixDirect do macerators as well .. and do next day delivery !!

Nate.
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2003, 12:17

Tags
american, bowl, compact, corner, drain, exit, north, pan, pipes, side, toilet, toilets, uk, waste, wc