Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Rules Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read vBLive
Welcome to ScoobyNet

DIY Household DIY, etc

Old 01 May 2003, 11:59   #1
Taff
Scooby Regular

Trader Score: (0)
I need to replace the sink. I can undo the screws [cue round of applause] but what's the best way to remove the sealant that was applied as well - the sink is practically immovable.

Once removed what's the best sealant to put under the new one?

TIA
Taff

Taff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2003, 12:13   #2
alcazar
Orange Club

Trader Score: (2)
This is my Scooby.  To set up your own Scooby, go to your user cp, and click 'Edit Settings'.
Question

What's the sink made of? If it's stainless, it'll flex enough to get a sharp kitchen knife under it, run it round, then wedge screwdrivers etc under to hold it up, and keep at it until it comes up. Use folded card under screwdriver blades to protect worktop.
If it just has one of those foam double sided thingies, as above but 10 times easier!
If it's a resin cast sink, it'll be a swine: mine had to come out, but I was replacing worktops anyway, so I cut it out, and bought a new sink. the old one is propped up outside until I can get round to chopping the worktop off it with a chisel, to re-use the sink in the utility I'm supposed to build in our French property.
If the sink is no good, and you want to keep the work tops, have you thought of breaking the sink up with a large and/or sharp hammer? The pieces will be easier to remove than trying to do it whole, believe me. Put an old rug etc in the cupboard below to protect it.
Alcazar

alcazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2003, 12:42   #3
S55 HOT
Scooby Regular

Wink

Silicone Eater
S55  HOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 May 2003, 09:16   #4
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Who's that, Tommy Lee??
Brendan Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 May 2003, 09:16

Tags
damaging, damge, easy, it, kitchen, property, pull, remove, sink, tyo, ways, whats, worktop