Register Photos FAQ Rules Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read vBLive
Welcome to ScoobyNet

DIY Household DIY, etc

Old 04 December 2008, 11:45   #1
SimonD
Scooby Regular

Trader Score: (0)
Default Ceramic tap heads/glands

I've just replaced the ceramic tap glands on some old taps in a bathroom. They went in easily and work great..........but.......when I came to refit the tap handle it turns out that the replacement glands have a 20 spline fitting and my old handles are 18 spline.
I've done a quick search and it seems that 20 splines are standard.

Does anyone have any bright ideas? This is a stop-gap fix until we re-do the bathroom in a year so I don't want to go to the expense of new taps. I don't see much available in the way of replacement tap handles. I've had a few ideas about adapting the 18 spline handle to fit the 20 spline head but none that I would be prepared to admit to in public!
SimonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 December 2008, 13:53   #2
Mog
Scooby Regular

Trader Score: (0)

If it is just a stop gap measure then I would go down the "modify" route along the lines of what you were thinking.

mog
Mog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04 December 2008, 13:53

Tags
20, ceramic, fitting, glands, handles, head, heads, ireland, porcelain, replacement, spline, tap, taps, tops, work