Notices

Heater Matrix

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2004, 11:52 AM
keith g
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater Matrix

Can anyone tell me how hard it is to get to the heater matrix inside the car, mine's is a classic Impreza turbo altho its an import (wouldn't think that would make any differece tho) as I have found water to be leaking in from the back of it and my passenger footwell is soaking with water or when the car heats up its actuall steam.
Old 08 May 2004, 01:20 PM
big500
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It took me about 4 hours to change mine , start with the gear lever and centre console. Then remove the glove box and underdash on the drivers side. Radio and centre dash section , instrument cluster. Remove the plastic top shroud ( about 2 inch wide in front of the screen on the top of the dash board ) there are about 3/4 10mm bolts under the shroud. remove the dash section ( get a lift out of the car with it to prevent tearing upholstery) then remove the cross brace bar I also had to loosen the steering shaft but watch the bottom bush doesnt come out its a pig to get back in without stripping the steering shaft.
Remove the strut brace and intercooler from under the bonnet and then remove the two pipes attatched to the heater matrix. Remove heater matrix assembly and fit new matrix.
Be warned there just over £200 from Subaru
See if Andy at Grade A has a second hand one ( about £60 - £70) Be careful with the little spring clips that are in the centre console area they fly for miles if u twang em lol

hope this helps

Steve