Notices

what will a better actuator do???

Search this Thread

Old 30 October 2008, 11:27 PM
rob73
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what will a better actuator do???

is there any benifit when fitting a better actuator,like a forge item,for example would it help deliver boost better,smoother or sharper over the stock subaru tdo5 actuator?
...also,are the springs in the actuators calibrated to the amount of boost which the car was originally making?
so now im running extra boost would that mean the spring is to weak in my standard actuator?
thanks guys. Rob
Old 30 October 2008, 11:36 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Nice bit of bling, but mostly wasted unless yours is faulty, a proper tuner may argue the case shortly, but I have seen very few in the real world.

IMHO

DunxC

P.S. A stiffer spring will open later, but your ecu is controlling itvia the boost control solenoid, so will the map need tweaking ?
Old 30 October 2008, 11:43 PM
rob73
Scooby Regular

ok Dunx thanks fella,i was wonderin as i have a strange boost delivery going on at the moment.
slam my foot down boost goes up to 1.1bar then when i hit around 5k it hits 1.2bar which is what is supposed to be but aint hitting it untill high rpm,why...i wish i knew,is it owt to do wit actuator spring been a bit sloppy?
Old 31 October 2008, 01:24 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

your problem could be a weak actuator.. but I wouldn't go for a forge.. more often than not unfortunatly they are the in mod to evo's and 9 times out of 10 when I come to map an evo and the boost is not holding.. check and yep a nice shiney bling looking forge which is all dressed up and no go

is the actuator adjustable on your car?

more importantly have you covered all other possible issues - exhaust leak before or at turbo, boost leak on intercooler pipework or vac line etc..

Simon
Old 31 October 2008, 08:52 PM
rob73
Scooby Regular

yes simon it is an adjustable actuator & im most certain i have no air leaks as every pipe to to with vacumn & boost is brand new also the exhaust & turbo gaskets are brand new & do not blow. The car runs sweet as a nut without a murmour it just seems to deliver full boost 1.2bar at about 5k but makes 1.1bar upto that point. It just feels like i get another kick of power at that point. It does hold its boost to the end.