Lets See your STI Spec D's

Search this Thread

Old 21 May 2020, 02:12 PM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Received 174 Likes on 128 Posts

Nice taste!
Have you had the blobeye from new?
It's my dream to have my car in the living room lol!
Old 21 May 2020, 06:09 PM
LKN624
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fpan
Nice taste!
Have you had the blobeye from new?
It's my dream to have my car in the living room lol!
Thanks!

No actually I have owned it since 2015. I found it on Autotrader randomly one morning at 4 am and I bought it by lunch time haha.

Yes...mine was too!!!
Old 31 May 2020, 12:33 PM
dee hagan
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Here’s mine

Another spec d here, definitely not standard

The following 2 users liked this post by dee hagan:
Old 01 June 2020, 10:36 AM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dee hagan
Another spec d here, definitely not standard

That looks really nice.
The crystal grey and urban grey suit the hawkeye really well.
The following users liked this post:
Old 02 June 2020, 07:11 PM
$w!ft
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's mine - not standard at all either!

Last edited by $w!ft; 02 June 2020 at 07:20 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by $w!ft:
Old 04 June 2020, 11:22 PM
WarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My Spec D back on the road after 8 months

Good to see this thread still going after all this time, Ive just re taxed my spec D on 1st June and I must say its great to have her back out on the road again after 8 months of being locked up in the garage. Full tank of V Power and headed we headed up to the Peak district.
at Rushup Edge in the High Peak

side view at Rushup Edge near Edale in the High Peak

Bottom of Winnats Pass
The following 3 users liked this post by WarrenSTI:
Old 06 June 2020, 11:27 AM
kgs66
Scooby Newbie
Support Scoobynet!

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by the shreksta
certainly a very clean example
Hoping to have it back on the road be end of the month. Underside stripped back to metal and sealed, fully rebuilt and forged engine. Cannot wait!!
Old 06 June 2020, 11:29 AM
kgs66
Scooby Newbie
Support Scoobynet!

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

The following 4 users liked this post by kgs66:
Old 29 October 2020, 09:03 PM
WarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

The spec d the other day just after a full service and mot at autotecnica in Buxton
Old 30 October 2020, 03:01 AM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by WarrenSTI
The spec d the other day just after a full service and mot at autotecnica in Buxton
what a beast mate 👍👍
Old 31 December 2020, 01:08 AM
WarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all Spec d and Subaru fans, I was going to tax my spec D just for a month January, but there's no point now as I won't really be able to go anywhere due to new restrictions :-(
Old 19 January 2021, 02:36 PM
Markyscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Sad to say my Spec D passed to a new owner yesterday. I've owned it since 2010. A lot of history, memories and good times spent over that decade. I delivered it to a house in the North of the Island, which meant a ride over the Mountain to deliver it. I had to exercise a lot of restraint! My last picture of the car. About as standard as it's ever been in those 10 years, well as close to STI standard rather than Spec D!

I'll really miss this car. It's had cheap, and expensive coilovers, a heated windscreen, expensive sound deadening, stereo and lots of mods. All it has now is the screen and the Alan Jeffery motor, ten years post rebuild and as sweet and smooth running as you could wish for.

Didn't get anywhere enough for it really, but it wasn't being used and the replacement needs to be a daily driver. That it will corner and accelerate better, stop quicker and is far more comfortable for my aging old bones is a bonus. Imy new car has a huge task to better the sheer lunacy and fun of an STi pointed down a winding road. The Sloc, Greg-Ny-Baa back road, Cat and Fiddle you name it.

I'm going electric, not frightened of the future, I need to embrace it. May as well do it in style.

Thanks for all the fun on this forum folks! I'll carry on lurking for the foreseeable.

The following 3 users liked this post by Markyscoob:
Old 19 January 2021, 07:58 PM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Markyscoob
Sad to say my Spec D passed to a new owner yesterday. I've owned it since 2010. A lot of history, memories and good times spent over that decade. I delivered it to a house in the North of the Island, which meant a ride over the Mountain to deliver it. I had to exercise a lot of restraint! My last picture of the car. About as standard as it's ever been in those 10 years, well as close to STI standard rather than Spec D!

I'll really miss this car. It's had cheap, and expensive coilovers, a heated windscreen, expensive sound deadening, stereo and lots of mods. All it has now is the screen and the Alan Jeffery motor, ten years post rebuild and as sweet and smooth running as you could wish for.

Didn't get anywhere enough for it really, but it wasn't being used and the replacement needs to be a daily driver. That it will corner and accelerate better, stop quicker and is far more comfortable for my aging old bones is a bonus. Imy new car has a huge task to better the sheer lunacy and fun of an STi pointed down a winding road. The Sloc, Greg-Ny-Baa back road, Cat and Fiddle you name it.

I'm going electric, not frightened of the future, I need to embrace it. May as well do it in style.

Thanks for all the fun on this forum folks! I'll carry on lurking for the foreseeable.
It seemed like a great and well looked after car.
At least the last itinerary was enjoyable and it's the memories that will remain.
What electric car have you gone for?
Old 20 January 2021, 11:34 AM
Gambit
Scooby Regular

Received 231 Likes on 172 Posts

Out of curiosity is Isle of Man still no speed limits outside of the towns or marked area's? i lived there back in 2002-2204 and had great time over there. I didnt have a scoob back then only a mk2 golf 16v but fella i was renting with had a Evo 6 RS Sprint - good times, would go back in a heartbeat
Old 20 January 2021, 03:01 PM
Markyscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, the derestricted parts are still free. There's a lot more 20 in town and villages now, plus 30 where there were 40, and a far stretch of the rad to Peel is 50 limit, with the Glen Helen part of TT course 60 limited. Sloc, Creg back road and places like that still free. The Mountain is still what it is, frequented by vans and old ladies terrified at 39mph. I'm missing my car already and just glad it's gone to an enthusiast. His brother has an 07 STI in the darker grey, so they've both got similar cars now.

As to which electric car...for now I'll drive my Wife's 2016 Nissan Leaf 24Kw if I need to. We still have our old Grand Espace 2.0DCI for me to run. I'm on the look out for a little first car for my son to drive at present, that all comes first. As I work in UK from April to October, I don't actually need another car at present. I'll move the Espace to my policy and use it this Summer and the new (to us)Fiesta to that second one. Then try to sell off the big bus in the Summer. If that sells, then I'll get the Tesla Model 3 performance that I've been salivating over and promising myself for a year now.

Eventually the Leaf will replace the little car, but I don't want the older kids driving an EV auto to start with. I have a 13 and 10 year old who will never know gears and ICE cars so not too bothered about them.

Old 07 April 2021, 09:31 PM
WarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Sorry Mark, better late than never, bet it was tough decision having to part with the spec D after all the time you owned her. Hope she's gone to a good home though. All the best mate and keep posting and commenting on here. I'll be posting some pics up of mine soon as Ive just taxed her again. It's gone up as well from £570- £630 pay it monthly though so dent seem as bad.
Old 20 April 2021, 05:38 PM
DeweyAXD
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blimey love that this thread is still going! I need to remember to check in more often seeing as i still own the ol'girl. Sadly not for much longer i fear. Wonder how many are still out there now!
Old 20 April 2021, 08:42 PM
J70DDO
Scooby Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

here’s mine
not many left now-

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicl...wrx_sti-spec_d
Old 21 April 2021, 05:12 PM
DeweyAXD
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by J70DDO
Wow yep nearly down to the final 3rd of them on the roads then. Sadly don't think they'll ever be worth much more than a type UK due to rarity... one can hope. Values seem to be holding ok. Those that have sold have you done well on them?
Old 21 April 2021, 06:37 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

I've still got my 07 plate Spec D, I've had it since Friday 15th June 2012

It still gets all the love it's ever had...and more these days. 100% stock.....from the outside
Old 22 April 2021, 11:18 AM
Rusti
Scooby Regular

Received 157 Likes on 132 Posts

mine went abroad when I sold it a few years back, Belgium I think got good money even then.
Old 22 April 2021, 11:38 AM
DeweyAXD
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Ahh i see. Yeah i mean i think i paid 7.5k back in 2012 when i got mine and @ <70k miles and the forged engine i like to think the value is solid. I see examples on the trader at 10K-12k but whether anyone is out there buying them near that price is another matter of course.

Need to drop a grand or so on mine soon. Top mounts are cracking, rear ARB bushes going. Really don't want to do too much to it that is non stock though. Might just go for Pedders or KYB's instead of coilovers and just do all 4 corners at the same time.
Old 22 April 2021, 12:25 PM
JdmSti2006
Scooby Regular

Received 195 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by DeweyAXD
Ahh i see. Yeah i mean i think i paid 7.5k back in 2012 when i got mine and @ <70k miles and the forged engine i like to think the value is solid. I see examples on the trader at 10K-12k but whether anyone is out there buying them near that price is another matter of course.

Need to drop a grand or so on mine soon. Top mounts are cracking, rear ARB bushes going. Really don't want to do too much to it that is non stock though. Might just go for Pedders or KYB's instead of coilovers and just do all 4 corners at the same time.
put goupN top mounts ,You can put prodrive springs but oem setup is fine,i removed and sold meisterR crd's with 8/7 springs rate and put oem struts with groupN top mounts and bleed nipple mod on each
Old 22 April 2021, 01:37 PM
DeweyAXD
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by JdmSti2006
put goupN top mounts ,You can put prodrive springs but oem setup is fine,i removed and sold meisterR crd's with 8/7 springs rate and put oem struts with groupN top mounts and bleed nipple mod on each
Not a bad shout that actually. I am perfectly happy with the ride tbh. A bit lower would be nicer visually but I'm not tracking it ever so would rather spend less and keep things stock. That being said stock shocks aren't exactly cheap iirc. Pedders apeal as they keep stock'ish stance and aren't coilovers but i hear hit and miss about them too.

Currently got a weird issue where at after 5k rpm on a hard pull the car surges and won't get to redline without jerking. No smoke or anything. Just working through the options now. Not the boost solenoid so i'm thinking either fuel filter, sparks or maybe even bad ground wiring. Runs smooth as butter until its pushed.
Old 22 April 2021, 03:12 PM
JdmSti2006
Scooby Regular

Received 195 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by $w!ft
Here's mine - not standard at all either!

need above ducktail bootlid for mine

Last edited by JdmSti2006; 22 April 2021 at 03:13 PM.