Notices
News & Announcements Official ScoobyNet News and Announcements. Check here regularly to be kept up to date.

iTrader Feedback

Old 21 April 2011, 07:38 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iTrader Feedback

Please read for important information regarding the iTrader feedback system.

We've had the iTrader system in place for some time but people are not using it as it should be.

It's apparent that people aren't leaving feedback which means the good traders aren't being seen and the bad ones aren't being highlighted.

Below are some clear instructions on how to use the system.

PLEASE use them:

The following are some helpful tips on how to make use of the new system to better the site.

The information that will be covered in this walk-through:
* Viewing Users iTrader Detail
* Rating a Transaction
* Edit/Delete Feedback
* Reporting Malicious Feedback

Viewing Users iTrader Details:

To view detailed information about any users iTrader rating simply click their rating #:

And to view your own iTrader page go to: https://www.scoobynet.com/itrader.php or click your own rating in any of your posts.

Rating a Transaction:

The systems interface is very easy to use & is similar to eBay's transaction rating system.

To leave feedback for a user simply go to the thread in which the transaction was advertised in and click the sellers iTrader rating.
At this time it might be a good idea to copy the thread link for later.

This link will bring you a detailed page of the users iTrader rating. From this page you can click the "Submit Feedback for Username"

On the next page you will be able to input detailed information about the transaction.

You will be able to select which party you are in the transaction (Buyer, Seller, Trade) and rate the transaction (Positive, Neutral, Negative).

A link to the thread from which the transaction took place will be required.

Once you have filled out all the information you can click the "Submit Reply" button to leave your feedback.

Please be sure all fields are populated & accurate because you will only have a very limited amount of time to edit your feedback.

Edit/Delete Feedback:

Once feedback has been given you will have only 5 minutes to make any changes to your reply.

To do so goto the user's iTrader page, and click the edit button:

This will bring you back to the feedback page where you can modify your feedback.

To delete feedback simply check the "Delete this Rating" box and click "Submit Reply"

Reviewing your Feedback:

Whenever someone leaves feedback on your page you will be notified via PM with a link to a page with detailed information on the review.

You should take this opportunity to leave feedback to for that user by clicking the "Submit Rating for This Deal" icon:

*You can also access this link by visiting your own iTrader profile here

Reporting Malicious Feedback:

If you should receive any malicious, false, or incorrect feedback via the iTrader system you can report it to the Moderator Staff.
Simply click the "Report Bad Rating" icon () from your iTrader page.

Please give as much detail as possible when reporting malicious feedback & we will make every effort to investigate and respond as quickly as possible.

I hope you find this walk-through helpful in navigating this new and exciting forum feature. Please feel free to post up any questions you may have about the iTrader system here.
Old 21 April 2011, 07:51 PM
Will
BANNED

How do I use it?

Joking aside, I think that's a great walk through

Not that I'm that thick I need it
Old 21 April 2011, 08:38 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
In my experience, it's some of the AA's that don't bother to leave feedback.

They're happy to receive, but, give **** all back.

I should leave negative feedback for Triple Filtered, but that (quit with the bypasses ) has got 3 different usernames.

Last edited by Kieran_Burns; 21 April 2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 22 April 2011, 01:16 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Not sure why it has to be made so complicated?

Deal URL being a required field is pointless imho.
Old 23 April 2011, 08:11 AM
Evolution Stu
Administrator
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Aztec Performance Ltd
Deal URL being a required field is pointless imho.
On the contrary, it is the most usefull part of the process. What would stop me and all the other members leaving all your competitors lots and lots of feedback for no reason at all without it?

Also, how would we know what the feedback was actually for in case of later dispute?
Old 23 April 2011, 03:41 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stu @ Internet Brands
On the contrary, it is the most usefull part of the process. What would stop me and all the other members leaving all your competitors lots and lots of feedback for no reason at all without it?

Also, how would we know what the feedback was actually for in case of later dispute?
Could feedback only be left through the original deal thread (instead of clicking on the iTrader #) thus negating the need for it? Similar to the way eBay feedback is left.
Old 24 April 2011, 09:09 AM
Evolution Stu
Administrator
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by blu-scoob
Could feedback only be left through the original deal thread (instead of clicking on the iTrader #) thus negating the need for it? Similar to the way eBay feedback is left.
I am afraid not in the current edition of the plugin, no. I am sure it will evolve nicely as time goes by, but for the moment this really is as good as it gets.
Old 24 April 2011, 07:52 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

I am afraid not in the current edition of the plugin, no. I am sure it will evolve nicely as time goes by, but for the moment this really is as good as it gets.
Fair do's, just a thought. As you say hopefully it will evolve, making it easier to use, thus encouraging more people to use it.
Old 28 April 2011, 11:36 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brilliant, thanks for that.

May be better or may make no difference but the main thing is you have listen and tried to make it easier.
Old 01 May 2011, 11:16 PM
bigfarlz
Scooby Regular

The only issue I have is if someone sends you a pm saying they have something you might be interested in then you can't use it as the deal thread thus making it impossible (as far as I can tell) to leave feedback or rate the transaction.
Old 04 May 2011, 07:03 AM
HappyFrog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigfarlz
The only issue I have is if someone sends you a pm saying they have something you might be interested in then you can't use it as the deal thread thus making it impossible (as far as I can tell) to leave feedback or rate the transaction.
I have this problem right now. I contacted a user on here asking for parts that I guessed he would have. He did have them and I paid for them yesterday, now how should I give him feedback? Post something in wanted and write it is already bought or use one of his sales threads? Or is this transaction irrelevant as there was never anything posted on here.
Old 04 May 2011, 09:19 AM
Evolution Stu
Administrator
Support Scoobynet!

If you guys want to do deals outside of the market place there is nothing we can do to help you, sorry.
Old 12 May 2011, 07:32 PM
chris-boris
Scooby Regular

If you guys want to do deals outside of the market place there is nothing we can do to help you, sorry.
So what happens when anyone sends a PM to an AA asking for parts that have not been specifically listed for sale on here but you know they have? Do we just put the link from the Traders Contact Area, will the trader have to list specific items for sale or will the buyer have to do as suggested and put up an already fulfilled wanted ad?
Old 12 May 2011, 07:34 PM
chris-boris
Scooby Regular

....or what if the for sale item appears in someones signature? For example the walbro fuel pumps in yours?
Old 13 May 2011, 12:14 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by chris-boris
....or what if the for sale item appears in someones signature? For example the walbro fuel pumps in yours?
Authorised Advertisers ARE allowed to promote their sales in their signatures, and as Stu owns the site I think he qualifies

Non-paying members cannot advertise sales in the forum nor link to sales out of it.
Old 13 May 2011, 12:15 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

So what happens when anyone sends a PM to an AA asking for parts that have not been specifically listed for sale on here but you know they have? Do we just put the link from the Traders Contact Area, will the trader have to list specific items for sale or will the buyer have to do as suggested and put up an already fulfilled wanted ad?
If the Trader decides to make sales out of the iTrader system, that's his choice, he won't get the feedback.
Old 13 May 2011, 07:50 PM
chris-boris
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns
Authorised Advertisers ARE allowed to promote their sales in their signatures, and as Stu owns the site I think he qualifies

Non-paying members cannot advertise sales in the forum nor link to sales out of it.
I am aware that AA's (and site owners) can advertise in their sig's, thats why i asked how you leave an iTrader feedback for it. I presume you just link to any thread where the AA has posted and in the detailed description part of the iTrader feedback explain that you found the parts in the AA's sig and not a specific for sale thread.

The point i am trying to make is that whilst you and I and many others would happily spend time looking for the correct trader announcement thread (or one sufficiently relevant in the for sale section) many more wouldn't and hence the feedback would not get left which is what you guys are trying to avoid happening.

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns
It's apparent that people aren't leaving feedback which means the good traders aren't being seen and the bad ones aren't being highlighted.
IF AA's are allowed to advertise specific items for sale in their sig then surely we need to be able to give appropriate feedback for it.

On another note, one feature that is really quite helpful is the reciprocate feedback. The only down side is, as you pointed out right at the start of your original post, getting people to use it! My feedback is a good example of this, i have left far more than i have received despite asking via pm for feedback to be left and the auto pm notification that feedback has been left
Old 13 May 2011, 07:55 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
On another note, one feature that is really quite helpful is the reciprocate feedback. The only down side is, as you pointed out right at the start of your original post, getting people to use it! My feedback is a good example of this, i have left far more than i have received despite asking via pm for feedback to be left and the auto pm notification that feedback has been left
That right there, nail on the head.

Folk are happy to receive it, and your money, but can't even be bothered to return feedback.

Boils my bloody **** that does.
Old 28 June 2011, 10:59 AM
gingo68
Scooby Newbie

Default info

Has anbody been offered a silver bonnet bumper and front wings for a 1994 subaru imprezza. Had mine nicked and stripped this morning in Leeds the scum bags . Any info would be appreciated.
Old 28 October 2011, 12:26 PM
Galifrey
Scooby Regular

Been trying to leave feedback but it seems access has been withdrawn, cannot even see my own feedback anymore.
Old 28 October 2011, 02:51 PM
Scoobyno1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Galifrey
Been trying to leave feedback but it seems access has been withdrawn, cannot even see my own feedback anymore.
Yeah me too. Any reason for this?
Old 29 October 2011, 09:17 AM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

same here...what gives admin?
Old 29 October 2011, 09:22 AM
martin850
Scooby Regular

And me as well
Old 29 October 2011, 12:48 PM
kewe
Scooby Regular

+1
Old 29 October 2011, 03:19 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Me too. Someone has pressed the wrong button.............
Old 30 October 2011, 11:35 PM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

cant leave feedback

wiley
Old 31 October 2011, 11:46 AM
Evolution Stu
Administrator
Support Scoobynet!

Will look into this right away guys.