Notices
Non Car Related Items For sale This forum contains only non car related items for sale by our members.

Off road driving experience day

Search this Thread

Old 26 August 2014, 07:42 PM
Lora-x
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off road driving experience day

Activity superstore - off road driving taster session,

About your Experience
Head for the hills across some rough, tough terrain in a hardy 4x4 drive vehicle. Get behind the wheel and experience the fun, exhilaration and sheer adventure of off road driving. Mud, holes, gullies, steep slopes - the most rugged terrain can be crossed if you are up for the challenge.
Your session begins with an introductory briefing on off roading techniques, together with an explanation of four wheel drive systems. The instructor will carry out a demonstration drive, and then it's time for you to take turns at the wheel! The time spent behind the wheel by each participant varies between each location, and when you are in a group and not driving you will stay in the vehicle as a passenger.

The person driving the car will be required to sign a disclaimer accepting liability in the event of damage to the vehicle. The driver will be given an option to purchase damage waiver cover when booking to minimise their financial exposure should there be an accident. Drivers are under no obligation to purchase this optional waiver. Full details are available at the time of booking.
When can you go?
This experience is available on selected dates, throughout the year.
We would advise you to book at least 3 to 6 weeks in advance.
How long does this activity last?
Your experience will last approximately 1 to 2 hours, depending on the venue.
You need to know
The minimum age for this experience is 17 years old.
You need to be fit to drive, this may not be suitable for people suffering from diabetes, epilepsy or angina pain. Minimum height is 1.52m (5ft), maximum height is 1.98m (6ft 6in), maximum weight is 108kg (17 stone).
You are required to hold a full valid UK or European driving licence, depending on location.
You will need to take your voucher with you on the day of your experience.
You and how many others?
There will be other people there on the day.
Spectator information
Unfortunately, this experience is not suitbale for spectators.

Expires: 1st December 2014
Available to use in the following locations:
Pontardawe, Swansea
Northolt, London
Andover, Hampshire
Shipston-on-stour, Warwickshire
Dunfermline, Fife
Rushyford, Durham
Ferrybridge, Yorkshire
Greetham, Rutland
Wrexham
Reading, Berkshire
Retford, Nottinghamshire
Witton Gilbert, Durham
Bishop Auckland, Durham
Wyboston, Bedfordshire

Just need to ring the number on the letter, quote the voucher number to book

£40 inc postage
Old 01 September 2014, 09:46 PM
Lora-x
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sold
Old 03 September 2014, 07:19 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"The person driving the car will be required to sign a disclaimer accepting liability in the event of damage to the vehicle. The driver will be given an option to purchase damage waiver cover when booking to minimise their financial exposure should there be an accident. "

WTF
Old 03 September 2014, 07:41 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Never had any of that bolax on my Land Rover experience weekend course a few years ago, me and the Mrs 2 full days sharing a 110 between us, cracking weekend, it was about £600 plus accommodation for the pair of us though, but you get a recognised certificate afterwards.
Old 04 September 2014, 06:17 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
Never had any of that bolax on my Land Rover experience weekend course a few years ago, me and the Mrs 2 full days sharing a 110 between us, cracking weekend, it was about £600 plus accommodation for the pair of us though, but you get a recognised certificate afterwards.
still going? (the experience in general not yours)
Old 04 September 2014, 07:05 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm sure it is as it's a course that emergency services and electricity pylon workers go on as well as the reason we went on it, which was for running 4x4 tours, we took the winching / recovery day too and learned how to cross ditches and setting up strops and ropes etc to reduce the load, very interesting and good fun, it's stood me in good stead out here when I've managed to get myself into some tricky situations, one when I drove into a 2 foot deep tractor rutted bog in the woods that went on for 100 metres and I had no choice but to go for it, no way I'd have known what to do if I'd not been on that course, then I had to turn around and do it again as the road ran out, got the adrenalin pumping that day.