Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Gaza

Search this Thread

Old 22 July 2014, 03:17 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
Then all people who can roll their tongue are one race lol.

Geneticists agree that there is as much genetic variation within 'races' as across all over humanity.
Old 22 July 2014, 06:52 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't remember rockets being fired from Ireland by the the Irish armed forces.

There was no porous border between The Republic and Northern Ireland, it was controlled with checkpoints etc.

As for 'safe harbour', can you prove this?

The Irish government never had a stated goal of the ethnic cleansing of Britain.

Careful you don't do your back in with the stretch involved in this comparison.
you are such a tool

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smithwick_Tribunal

http://www.irishpost.co.uk/news/form...n-ira-killings

the IRA arms caches were buried in Ireland and then transported to Northern Ireland, people were kidnapped and shot then dumped in Ireland

the Checkpoints were routinely attacked from people comming from over the border ifrom Ireland

like i said a porous border

I can understand you not wanting to admit it - and swallow the repeated Israeli
line that they are the only victims of terrorists, but it's demostrativley bollox

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 22 July 2014 at 06:55 PM.
Old 22 July 2014, 07:18 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
you are such a tool

Smithwick Tribunal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.irishpost.co.uk/news/form...n-ira-killings

the IRA arms caches were buried in Ireland and then transported to Northern Ireland, people were kidnapped and shot then dumped in Ireland

the Checkpoints were routinely attacked from people comming from over the border ifrom Ireland

like i said a porous border

I can understand you not wanting to admit it - and swallow the repeated Israeli
line that they are the only victims of terrorists, but it's demostrativley bollox
Your final point is an irrelevant conclusion given your argument about the Irish state supposedly being supportive of the IRA in some total sense.

I've never said that Israel is a perfect state and always a victim, it does have its nutty settler fringe who create problems. They would be more marginalised if the Palestinians didn't elect the likes of Hamas in Gaza.

What I don't accept is your bizarre argument that Hamas is somehow equivalent to the Irish government during the troubles. Hamas IS the equivalent of the IRA in government if you want a comparison, it doesn't turn a blind eye to rocket firing, it does the firing, it has its own militias and suicide bombers.

You would note the we went after the IRA with army, secret service, police, and despite the bombings there was never anything like the hundreds/thousands of rockets fired every year, nor did Britain face the same existential threat.

Because Northern Ireland was part of the UK we could deploy our forces to hunt down terrorists and arrest them, which we did in the hundreds, but Israel doesn't run Gaza, it doesn't have that luxury. We set up armed/fortified checkpoints along the border with the Republic to stop weapons getting in, so no it wasn't porus as far as borders go, it was not open.
Old 22 July 2014, 09:04 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

If Israel hates Hamas then why did they work so hard to get them into power?
Old 22 July 2014, 09:09 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
If Israel hates Hamas then why did they work so hard to get them into power?
So that they have an excuse to carry on with Palestine... Probably
Old 22 July 2014, 09:29 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shaid
So that they have an excuse to carry on with Palestine... Probably
That's the thing though isn't it, Israel was always on a land grab otherwise why bulldoze houses and build settlements? Read the Palestine papers, almost every thing Israel wanted was offered in peace talks and that's why fatah and Arrafat had to go to be replaced by hamas.
Old 22 July 2014, 09:34 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Your final point is an irrelevant conclusion given your argument about the Irish state supposedly being supportive of the IRA in some total sense.

I've never said that Israel is a perfect state and always a victim, it does have its nutty settler fringe who create problems. They would be more marginalised if the Palestinians didn't elect the likes of Hamas in Gaza.

What I don't accept is your bizarre argument that Hamas is somehow equivalent to the Irish government during the troubles. Hamas IS the equivalent of the IRA in government if you want a comparison, it doesn't turn a blind eye to rocket firing, it does the firing, it has its own militias and suicide bombers.

You would note the we went after the IRA with army, secret service, police, and despite the bombings there was never anything like the hundreds/thousands of rockets fired every year, nor did Britain face the same existential threat.

Because Northern Ireland was part of the UK we could deploy our forces to hunt down terrorists and arrest them, which we did in the hundreds, but Israel doesn't run Gaza, it doesn't have that luxury. We set up armed/fortified checkpoints along the border with the Republic to stop weapons getting in, so no it wasn't porus as far as borders go, it was not open.
I am not comparing Hamas to the IRA - I am simply pointing out the fallacy of the israeli contention that it is alone in being the target of terrorism, that it is alone in understanding what it is to be under threat

the UK was, for decades - in fact the IRA blew up a hotel that contained most of the governing party

That act was not met by the immediate, wholesale, dissproportionate and collective punishment of the Irish catholic minority

Ask anyone of whatever flavour (on either side of the troubles) that has lived in th UK throught the 70's and 80's
Old 22 July 2014, 10:30 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor
Thanks for your response, Shaid. I'm finding the two points above difficult to reconcile, would you mind elucidating a little?
No problemo

As a species we are ****. We kill, rape, steal from one another. Frankly mankind is crap. I'm tired of the greed, selfishness and damn right *******ness i see everyday. Nobody is immune from it. People do some very bad things over money and people will hurt another person just to 'punish' them for what can be considered the slightest transgression.

If you be good to someone, people will think you are stupid or gullible. Kindness is often seen as weakness by the very people who like saying that phrase.

Charity always seems to have ulterior motives.

Mankind is filled with hate for one another. Look at the religious hatred that goes on. Everyone hates each other. Granted Muslims are number one to hate right now but it used to be the Jews and one day it will be someone else. You only need to log onto facebook and see the comments on the 'IDF' page. Where is the humanity? Don't think this is just a criticism against folk who dislike Muslamics. Even some comments i've read from fellow Muslims along the lines of 'Bring Hitler Back' or 'They need gassing again'..... i really do despair.

Take yourself as an example Taylor. You are on this very thread justifying and sideing with murderers yet you claim to be a man of god. Do you realise how effed up that is? Does your god not teach you humanity? Why would your god let you think in any way other than the correct godly way?

The bottom line is that i feel that mankind as a species who rape this planet and it's resources, consume without giving anything back needs to be reigned back in and another species to take over. Just like the dinosaurs who roamed the earth were wiped out as a species (okay no need to get technical with lizards and what not) then eventually it became our turn. Either god or mother nature needs to do something and do it fast. This planet is becoming unbearable. There IS enough food to feed everyone on this planet. Mankinds greed is the reason why there is a third world. Where the eff has all our aid money gone to?

Etc... etc...
Old 22 July 2014, 11:21 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shaid
No problemo

As a species we are ****. We kill, rape, steal from one another. Frankly mankind is crap. I'm tired of the greed, selfishness and damn right *******ness i see everyday. Nobody is immune from it. People do some very bad things over money and people will hurt another person just to 'punish' them for what can be considered the slightest transgression.

If you be good to someone, people will think you are stupid or gullible. Kindness is often seen as weakness by the very people who like saying that phrase.

Charity always seems to have ulterior motives.

Mankind is filled with hate for one another. Look at the religious hatred that goes on. Everyone hates each other. Granted Muslims are number one to hate right now but it used to be the Jews and one day it will be someone else. You only need to log onto facebook and see the comments on the 'IDF' page. Where is the humanity? Don't think this is just a criticism against folk who dislike Muslamics. Even some comments i've read from fellow Muslims along the lines of 'Bring Hitler Back' or 'They need gassing again'..... i really do despair.

Take yourself as an example Taylor. You are on this very thread justifying and sideing with murderers yet you claim to be a man of god. Do you realise how effed up that is? Does your god not teach you humanity? Why would your god let you think in any way other than the correct godly way?

The bottom line is that i feel that mankind as a species who rape this planet and it's resources, consume without giving anything back needs to be reigned back in and another species to take over. Just like the dinosaurs who roamed the earth were wiped out as a species (okay no need to get technical with lizards and what not) then eventually it became our turn. Either god or mother nature needs to do something and do it fast. This planet is becoming unbearable. There IS enough food to feed everyone on this planet. Mankinds greed is the reason why there is a third world. Where the eff has all our aid money gone to?

Etc... etc...
Jesus is the Prince of Peace and you're right, I do and always will fall very short of His standard. Simply put, my secular politics and philosophical outlook do not lend themselves to being neutral, let alone to supporting Hamas. I pray that the IDF can spare the lives of the innocent civilians caught up in this through pin-point, targeted attacks, but (and I suspect you know this to be true) their opponents employ human shields and allow schools and hospitals to be used as weapons stores. What is the Nation of Israel to do? Turn the other cheek? I'd be willing to u-turn my entire position on this if I saw that the Jews would survive as pacifists, but my reasoning has led me to conclude that they wouldn't and so I have to ask is the war just? I believe it is and as such the only cogent position is for me to support Israel. Here I stand, I can do no other.

Last edited by JTaylor; 22 July 2014 at 11:25 PM.
Old 23 July 2014, 02:01 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

http://m.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-p...amazon-1959375
Old 23 July 2014, 09:33 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

J taylor do you support the creation of Israel and the occupation? Do you support the bombing of children? As so far you appear to think it's OK. If I wanted to kill you and you picked up a child to block the bullet l, personally I wouldn't shoot, Israel go a step further than that and kill you the child and the childs entire family.
The IDF and Israel have no trace of humanity and I don't see how any fai minded person cannot see how evil they are.
Old 23 July 2014, 10:26 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

J taylor do you support the creation of Israel and the occupation? Do you support the bombing of children? As so far you appear to think it's OK. If I wanted to kill you and you picked up a child to block the bullet l, personally I wouldn't shoot, Israel go a step further than that and kill you the child and the childs entire family.
The IDF and Israel have no trace of humanity and I don't see how any fai minded person cannot see how evil they are.
Hamas are the same - they just don't have the hardware.

If they did Israel would NUKE them.
Old 23 July 2014, 10:37 AM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jasey

There are two primary issues at the core of this continuing conflict.
First, there is the inevitably destabilising effect of trying to maintain an ethnically preferential state, particularly when it is largely of foreign origin. The original population of what is now Israel was 96 percent Muslim and Christian, yet, these refugees are prohibited from returning to their homes in the self-described Jewish state (and those within Israel are subjected to systematic discrimination).

Secondly, Israel's continued military occupation and confiscation of Palestinian owned land in the West Bank, and control over Gaza, are extremely oppressive, with Palestinians having minimal control over their lives. More than 10,000 Palestinian men, women, and children are held in Israeli prisons. They are constantly subjected to physical abuse and torture, the women are raped and sexually abused.

Palestinian borders are controlled by Israeli forces. Almost daily the Palestinians are targeted, young kids are beaten and shot by snipers or at point blank range. Just in the past few weeks we have had hundreds of civilian deaths in Palestine, including aid workers and news reporters. The Israelis prevent basic supplies, food and medicine from entering into Gaza, producing an escalating humanitarian crisis. Israeli forces invade almost daily, injuring, kidnapping and killing Palestinians. If they don't enter they drop bombs.

According to the Oslo peace accords of 1993, these territories were supposed to finally become a Palestinian state. However, after years of Israel continuing to confiscate land and conditions becoming increasingly worse, the Palestinian population rebelled. Who wouldn't, it wasn't Israels right enter and take over someones home. (The Barak offer, widely reputed to be generous, was anything but.) This uprising, called the "Intifada" (Arabic for "shaking off") began at the end of September 2000. Since then, things never came to a resolution, and until Israel doesn't achieve its goal, there will be no peace in the middle east.

The UK and US government are equally to blame in this conflict as they have been supplying Israel with weapons.

This issue has become global, not just in the UK, and still the media has been silent, but more and more people are becoming aware of the truth, its not a religious issue as many have pointed, but more a humanitarian crisis. If everyone gets together, governments can be forced to make change. People just need to make themselves aware of the situation, educate themselves. We have to look at the history of the problem and see why this is all happening, it will make things much more clear.

Remember, Palestine was a land where Muslims, Jews and Christians lived in peace until these zionists came and started the illegal invasion, oppression and killings.

Last edited by banny sti; 23 July 2014 at 10:39 AM.
Old 23 July 2014, 11:39 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Gallaway really is the cat amongst the pigeons, his interviews really do serve to show how much propaganda is in the british press, and the fools lap it up thinking we live in a free democratic society.

Last edited by ditchmyster; 23 July 2014 at 01:47 PM.
Old 23 July 2014, 11:42 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Hez a first class showman, I should think most the other politicians cringe when he steps up to the plate
Some occasional wise words though
Old 23 July 2014, 11:50 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

I laid out my case in the thread below:

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...el-thread.html

If you'd like clarification on any of my posts please highlight them and I'll do my best to respond.
Old 23 July 2014, 12:07 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Even the UN, a slightly dubious organization, say the isrealii are now war criminals
Old 23 July 2014, 12:15 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by dpb
Even the UN, a slightly dubious organization, say the isrealii are now war criminals
Gerald Kaufman a Jew and brought up as a Zionist by his own admission states Israel was borne out of terrorism.
Old 23 July 2014, 12:31 PM
Miniman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
No they have not.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28437626
Old 23 July 2014, 12:43 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasey

Seriously?
Old 23 July 2014, 12:51 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Miniman

Eh...?
Old 23 July 2014, 03:57 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Old 23 July 2014, 05:02 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

So if any other country decided to start on Israel right now would it be justified? Or would folk see it as a justifiable attack?
Old 23 July 2014, 07:20 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by banny sti
First, there is the inevitably destabilising effect of trying to maintain an ethnically preferential state, particularly when it is largely of foreign origin. The original population of what is now Israel was 96 percent Muslim and Christian, yet, these refugees are prohibited from returning to their homes in the self-described Jewish state (and those within Israel are subjected to systematic discrimination).
Japan, China, etc., are 'ethnically preferential'. Every Islamic state is 'religiously preferential'. Any North American indigenous tribe which is recognised by the federal government is 'ethnically preferential' of sorts, and that would include Australian Aboriginal peoples.

How exactly are Israeli Arabs discriminated against in a way which makes it a global problem?

What you also forget is that the Islamic world kicked out 1 million Jews in the late 40's in a series of pogroms. They all ended up in Israel.

Secondly, Israel's continued military occupation and confiscation of Palestinian owned land in the West Bank, and control over Gaza, are extremely oppressive, with Palestinians having minimal control over their lives. More than 10,000 Palestinian men, women, and children are held in Israeli prisons. They are constantly subjected to physical abuse and torture, the women are raped and sexually abused.
That's a lie dude and you give yourself away.

Palestinian borders are controlled by Israeli forces. Almost daily the Palestinians are targeted, young kids are beaten and shot by snipers or at point blank range. Just in the past few weeks we have had hundreds of civilian deaths in Palestine, including aid workers and news reporters. The Israelis prevent basic supplies, food and medicine from entering into Gaza, producing an escalating humanitarian crisis. Israeli forces invade almost daily, injuring, kidnapping and killing Palestinians. If they don't enter they drop bombs.
More BS from you mixing truth with lies.

According to the Oslo peace accords of 1993, these territories were supposed to finally become a Palestinian state. However, after years of Israel continuing to confiscate land and conditions becoming increasingly worse, the Palestinian population rebelled. Who wouldn't, it wasn't Israels right enter and take over someones home. (The Barak offer, widely reputed to be generous, was anything but.) This uprising, called the "Intifada" (Arabic for "shaking off") began at the end of September 2000. Since then, things never came to a resolution, and until Israel doesn't achieve its goal, there will be no peace in the middle east.
You must have forgot about Israel pulling our of Gaza and those three massive settlements in the West Bank in 2005/6. Arafat rejected the offer which was 97% of what he wanted. The Palestinians can't even agree what they want.

This issue has become global, not just in the UK, and still the media has been silent, but more and more people are becoming aware of the truth, its not a religious issue as many have pointed, but more a humanitarian crisis. If everyone gets together, governments can be forced to make change. People just need to make themselves aware of the situation, educate themselves. We have to look at the history of the problem and see why this is all happening, it will make things much more clear.
Why is this happening Banny?

Remember, Palestine was a land where Muslims, Jews and Christians lived in peace until these zionists came and started the illegal invasion, oppression and killings.
It wasn't a 'land' it was one part of Ottoman East Syria where non-muslim were dominated through the millet system which is like dhimmitude. I know your game; nostalgia for this 'perfect' caliphate which never really existed. It's a fantasy, like any attempt to ressurect a past which never existed.
Old 23 July 2014, 07:28 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

What do you mean 'the occupation'? The occupation of the occupied territories or the 'occupation' of Palestine by Israel period?

Nobody in their right mind wants kids to die, nobody in Israel is going to rejoice when Arab kids die. Otoh in Gaza you are a hero if you kill any Israeli.

Samir Kuntar was welcomed back to Lebanon as a hero after he killed a Jewish 4 year old girl on a beach in cold blood.

Hamas put human excrement and rat poison in their rockets.

Israel isn't perfect but some of its enemies are craven. I see nothing good to support there. They only stand for death.

Meanwhile Palestinian do suffer I don't deny that.

Stop demonising Israel, it is so obvious.
Old 23 July 2014, 07:45 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Stop demonising Israel? After all that's gone on?
The World seems to finally realise they are horrible bullies fighting fireworks with a full scale attack.
They deserve sanctions, disarmament and more.
Old 23 July 2014, 08:10 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matteeboy
Stop demonising Israel? After all that's gone on?
The World seems to finally realise they are horrible bullies fighting fireworks with a full scale attack.
They deserve sanctions, disarmament and more.
It's easy to scoff at the rockets when it isn't you having sleep in a bed under their path, or having to run to the nearest rocket proof bus-shelter when the warnings sound (yes Israel has concrete bus-shelters for this reason).

I thought you were more intelligent than this Matt?

As soon as the topic of Israel comes up, otherwise sensible people start foaming at the mouth and reason goes out the window.
Old 23 July 2014, 08:20 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

It's easy to scoff at the rockets when it isn't you having sleep in a bed under their path, or having to run to the nearest rocket proof bus-shelter when the warnings sound (yes Israel has concrete bus-shelters for this reason).

I thought you were more intelligent than this Matt?

As soon as the topic of Israel comes up, otherwise sensible people start foaming at the mouth and reason goes out the window.
My reasons are laid out on the first post of this thread.
Please refer to that and point out where reason has left the building.

I cannot stand the rise and rise of Islamic militancy, I have distant Jewish roots but in this case, Israel is a US sponsored bully that killed a good friend of mine in cold blood.

They can burn in whatever their version of Hell is IMO.
Old 23 July 2014, 08:31 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Oh pleeeease cry me a ****ing river. A deep one! Deep enough to swim in.

Poor, poor Israel. Isn't it terrible to have rockets thrown at you when all you want to do is ethnically cleanse a place, bulldoze someone house and build one for gods chosen people instead. I mean... How dare the Palestinians have the ***** to fight back against a superior army.

Seriosly tdw - you really do need your head examined.
Old 23 July 2014, 08:41 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor
Hamas may endeavour to prolong their occupation of Gaza with human shields, but as jasey's picture shows, right has might.
Israel routinely use Palestinians as human shields

Quick Reply: Gaza