Subaru Discussion Forums

Go Back   ScoobyNet > Community > Non Scooby Related
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Welcome to ScoobyNet.com!
Subaru forum
Welcome to the ScoobyNet.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 29 March 2004, 19:52   #1
Puff The Magic Wagon!

Trader Score: (2)
Send a message via MSN to Puff The Magic Wagon! Send a message via Yahoo to Puff The Magic Wagon! Send a message via Skype™ to Puff The Magic Wagon!
This is my Scooby.  To set up your own Scooby, go to your user cp, and click 'Edit Settings'.
Default HPi - Cat C Insurance Loss - What's That Mean Please

SUMMARY OF HPI REGISTER SEARCH

Click where underlined to view full details, scroll down, or print

Outstanding Finance 0 Recorded
Stolen Vehicles 0 Recorded
Theft Vehicles 0 Recorded
Condition Alert 1 Recorded Click here for more details
Condition Inspected 0 Recorded
Plate Transfer 0 Recorded
Security Alert 0 Recorded

Condition Alert guidance notes contact HPI

Recorded on VRM
Vehicle VAUXHALL VECTRA LS
Condition Category and Explanation Category C Insurance Loss. Vehicle Extensively Damaged But Repairable -Insurer Decided Not To Repair
Date of claim 11/02/02

Any guidence on the above would be handy - thanks
Puff The Magic Wagon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2004, 20:12   #2
Rich and Mini
Scooby Regular

Trader Score: (0)

Was beyond economical repair in insurace companys eyes, someone brought it as a damaged car and had it repaired.

Rich
Rich and Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2004, 20:15   #3
Puff The Magic Wagon!

Send a message via MSN to Puff The Magic Wagon! Send a message via Yahoo to Puff The Magic Wagon! Send a message via Skype™ to Puff The Magic Wagon!
This is my Scooby.  To set up your own Scooby, go to your user cp, and click 'Edit Settings'.

Hmm

AA/RAC inspection time then...

Or anyone else reputable that might do an inspection?
Old 29 March 2004, 20:19   #4
alcazar
Orange Club

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!
Hmm

AA/RAC inspection time then...

Or anyone else reputable that might do an inspection?
Isn't Arthur Daley back on Paramount comedy?:

Alcazar
alcazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2004, 20:19   #5
Oatcake
Scooby Regular

Trader Score: (0)

If the insurance company haven't repaired the vehicle they would have paid out on it and then probably recouped some of the money by selling the vehicle at a salvage auction.
This is were the problems start. It could have been bought then by anybody, most likely by a dealer who would have sold it as a accident repairable.
I'm not sure if accident repairables have to undergo safety checks like an sva test, but they didn't a few years back.
Its all about how good a repair has been done, personally imho I wouldn't touch a car like this without having details about the repair, but like I say thats just my opinion.

oatcake
Oatcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2004, 20:31   #6
Puff The Magic Wagon!

Neither would I touch it - prob is my nephew bought it from a m8 who bought it from a dealer (daley type) but neither of them HPi'd it or inspected it

I just hope that whoever bought it and repaired it did a good job, otherwise nephew is out of pocket by a couple of grand
Old 29 March 2004, 20:31

Tags
car, cat, cate, category, date, hpi, insurance, insurence, job, lose, loss, mean, means, recorded, whats