Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

How to Waxoil your car.... Taken from another forum

Old 18 December 2007, 02:51 PM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Waxoil your car.... Taken from another forum

Waxoil….

I really wanted to get some of this into the Land Rover's chassis before I started using it, so tonight was planned to be the night for waxoiling the inside of the chassis….

I had gone to Halfords and bought 2 gallons, and knocked off work early…

I also had the real benefit that SWMBO was out tonight, so I had since 3.00pm been shoving the 2 gallon cans into the sink with near boling water…….

I should have known things were going to go “slightly wrong” when I started….

I decided to use a Waxoil gun, and my compressor, I had the propane burner on in the workshop since 3.00pm flat out and it was like the sahara, in fact it was so hot I decided a T shirt and shorts was the dress code………

Grabbing some white spirit to further thin the waxoil I entered the kitchen and unscrewed the waxoil lid…

Thhhhuuuumpppppppp !…grwat big snotty big dollop spewed out over the kitchen worksurface........, no probs I thought, ...I’ll sort that out when I’ve finished, as I might make "a little bit more mess yet", .....glad Sues not in….

Clutching bloody hot waxoil injector thingy, part filled with waxoil and mixed with very very warm white spirit I squirted and soaked the chassis blasting away, and also practising holding my breath .....as it went misty in the workshop….

1 Gallon later I was nearly there, I was at the rear cross member, with yet another huge refill…….

I ought to point out that I had also decided that at some of the angles I was at pulling and holding the trigger was a pain in the ar&e...( I have a really bad back) so I had devised a cunning lock of an elastic band on the trigger so that I could let it do it things whilst it sprayed away……

Shove tube into hole and pull trigger….lock and waggle etc…

Enter my wifes love of her life…..

The cat….

It sat there and looked at me the way only a cat can….it sniffed (unapprovingly) the dripped waxoil, and I said…

“Huh, you don’t want to be in here matey, this stuff will stick to your fur like sh*t to a blanket”……and at that very point the jammed on tube extension came off the gun…

Could I release the elastic band round the trigger ?…

Could I boll*cks….

The gun squirted warm waxoil/white spirit out at a force never so far experienced, one particularly good jet hit the cat, who bolted, knocking over the 2/3 empty (1/3 full!!) can of hot waxoil/white spirt mix, which flowed oh so well under the landy, and into my clothes T shirt and clothes and skin areas exposed..., but I was still fighting with the hot octopus trying to switch the damned thing off, but I failed, I was saved when it just ran out…..

Just when I thought nothing could get worse than lying under a Land Rover with waxoil soaked clothes, waxoil dripping onto my hair and face, and running into my ears….

Some waxoil drpped onto the lead lamp….

Ping….

Blackness…….

Blackness as it also pinged the fuse for the lighting circuit, getting myself out of the underneath of the landy proved friutfull, in that I knew all the places that waxoil had “leaked” ……

Removing dripping clothes I entered house in “minimal Clothes” to resolve fuse prob, when Lights went on I saw the cat…

I AM GOING TO DIE IF SHE SEES THIS !

Here Puddie cattie……

This did not improve the sink/kitchen area one little jot, .....ever tried holding a 'waxoiled cat' in a sink with water and rags, and especially when cat does not enjoy it ?….

1 hour later cat was scrubbed and very piss7d off with me, I’ve had 2 baths, and also cleaned the bath it seems that the bath will not be rusty….scrubbed kitchen fllor, sink, worktop

Will she notice….

Cat stinks, garage sticks, alley way stinks, I stink, kitchen smells of lemon washing up liquid, which strangely we seem to nearly be out of ?….floor stinks……

She will be back any minute…….

[gulp]

Nice job on the Landy tho....... ))

....UPADTE...............

...later that evening......

Alleyway door closes and SWMBO walks in.....

"have a nice time dear ?......."

"what the HELL is that smell ?"

"Smell ?....er do you mean the waxoil ?"

"Is that what it is - its disgusting"

"Er..really"....

"yes really, the alleyway stinks, I mean I could smell it when I got out of the car..."

"er...really ?"

"yes, Really, I mean my G*d its stinking everywhere out, its even permutated the house "

"really"

"yes really and [ picks up cat - I look away at telly and pray]...and ....good grief even the cat smells of it its ....[ at this point the cat growls at Sue.....probably hand enough of being "handled" during the evening...]..."WELL if your going to be like that madam you grumpy old thing" ...[places cat down firmly - cat grumbles some more].. cat exits still grumbling

"Charming.........well.....Anyway, have you finished.........?"

THOUGHTS...............

I've got away with it...."yes dear thanks"...
I've got away with it...."all done"...I've got away with it...."think I'll have a beer"...I've got away with it....I've got away with it...."Would you like a glass of wine ?"....I've got away with it....yippee....I've got away with it....and

SHE'S GOT THE HUMP WITH THE CAT TOO - NOT ME !!

Beer....

Bed....

RESULT....... !

But a bit close for comfort......far to close
Old 18 December 2007, 03:20 PM
lordlucan
Scooby Regular

Nice - made me laugh
Old 18 December 2007, 03:30 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Would be funnier if it was one of our members and you get a feel for their personality.

Good read though
Old 18 December 2007, 03:32 PM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

cheers glad to be of some humour use..... wheres ST
Old 18 December 2007, 03:40 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Old 18 December 2007, 04:22 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by girl-in-a-scoob
wheres ST
Out buying mine and 84's Christmas pressies
Old 18 December 2007, 04:36 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

I'd wax-oil the chassis on my Land Rover, but last time I looked into the chassis box sections (from a gaping hole from rust) it was compltely full of mud...so there is no way the waxoyl would get in there - I'd have to take off the body, chop the front and rear bumpers off and use a drain rodder to get all the crap out of it....although, truth be known, the mud is probably what holds it together.

Last edited by Shark Man; 18 December 2007 at 04:51 PM.
Old 18 December 2007, 04:39 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

I'm word lazy... so instead of reading it all I'll just anyway....
Old 18 December 2007, 04:50 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

me too
Old 16 July 2010, 10:43 PM
kennyc
Scooby Regular

Kind of thing that would happen to me! lol! Good story
Old 17 July 2010, 12:19 AM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by kennyc
Kind of thing that would happen to me! lol! Good story

Old 17 July 2010, 12:28 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Old 17 July 2010, 10:37 AM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Was still a good read
Old 17 July 2010, 11:46 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I enjoyed the story, still laughing now. Isn't it funny how you can imagine it all happening to yourself!

I have always brushed the waxoyl on. Uses up a lot less and it is very easy to put on with a brush. I have done a few cars and have still got 1/2 a gallon left, and I don't skimp on the application.

Its marvellous stuff and will add value to a car in the way it keeps rust free and makes the MOT much easier too. Adds years to the life of the car too.

Les
Old 17 July 2010, 03:18 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
I enjoyed the story, still laughing now. Isn't it funny how you can imagine it all happening to yourself!

I have always brushed the waxoyl on. Uses up a lot less and it is very easy to put on with a brush. I have done a few cars and have still got 1/2 a gallon left, and I don't skimp on the application.

Its marvellous stuff and will add value to a car in the way it keeps rust free and makes the MOT much easier too. Adds years to the life of the car too.

Les
In theory, you can't get to all the little places with a brush. Squirting the stuff up through drain channels in the body or doors can't be done with a brush. Though cars these days do tend to be far better protected than "olden days", like when the rear valance rusted through on my old Vauxhalls....

J.
Old 18 July 2010, 12:08 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by vindaloo
In theory, you can't get to all the little places with a brush. Squirting the stuff up through drain channels in the body or doors can't be done with a brush. Though cars these days do tend to be far better protected than "olden days", like when the rear valance rusted through on my old Vauxhalls....

J.
Yes you are right of course. I used to squirt it into screw holes where that was possible. As you say, they are much better protected these days. I also remember Mini subframes!

Les