Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Schwarzenegger's Nazi fetish.

Search this Thread

Old 10 May 2008, 10:13 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Schwarzenegger's **** fetish.

Is there a darker side to the Austrian Oak?
Dancing with *****
Old 10 May 2008, 11:35 AM
Dieseldog
Scooby Regular

... either that or Pirates maybe?
Old 10 May 2008, 05:34 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Not sure about his poses in his Mr Olympia days, as quite a few bodybuilders do that pose.

I suppose conspiracy theorists will always be able to pick out lots of info on a subject to convince people of certain things.
Old 10 May 2008, 07:55 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many Hell's Angels wear a skull-and-crossbones: are they all ****-sympathisers? If you think so, can I watch when you tell them?

Pirates used to use the skull-and-cross bones as well (although nowhere near as much as people think) - were they ****-sympathisers?

During WW2 British submarines flew the Jolly Roger and used small versions to indicate the ships they had sunk. I'm fairly sure they didn't really like the *****.

Whoever wrote that site is an idiot.

M
Old 10 May 2008, 08:06 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by _Meridian_
Many Hell's Angels wear a skull-and-crossbones: are they all ****-sympathisers? If you think so, can I watch when you tell them?

Pirates used to use the skull-and-cross bones as well (although nowhere near as much as people think) - were they ****-sympathisers?

During WW2 British submarines flew the Jolly Roger and used small versions to indicate the ships they had sunk. I'm fairly sure they didn't really like the *****.

M
That reminds me of this classic Mitchell and Webb sketch

YouTube - Are we the bad guys?
Old 10 May 2008, 08:07 PM
SetoN
Scooby Regular

Who ever wrote that site has got too much time on their hands and obviously feels put out my Arnold's presence in the U.S govenment. What a looser. You could tie alot of people from Austria with links to the ****'s. After all wasnt Hitler from Austria?

And yes, as mensioned in the above posts, Bikers do use the Iron Cross.

Old 10 May 2008, 08:57 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Least he's not bent over being spanked by a ****. We do things properly in blighty
Old 11 May 2008, 01:29 PM
Tristan921
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by _Meridian_

M
Schwarzenegger didn't have the photo made as a biker out on a weekend jaunt or as a British submariner from WWII. He had it made as the Governor of California, who represents many minorities. The point is not what it means absolutely, but how it may be taken and Schwarzenegger knows full well what the allusions are. It's amazing to what lengths people will go to brainwash themselves, like the officer in the YouTube sketch posted here, "Are We the Badies".
Old 11 May 2008, 01:40 PM
Tristan921
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by *Nate*
Not sure about his poses in his Mr Olympia days, as quite a few bodybuilders do that pose.

I suppose conspiracy theorists will always be able to pick out lots of info on a subject to convince people of certain things.
If it is a common pose, show us an image of another weightlifter doing that same "Heil Hitler" pose. It seems to have been a signature pose for Schwarzenegger. Schwarzenegger was also qouted by various people and once caught on videotape (in Pumping Iron) expressing admiration for Hitler, Dictators or in one case a German war criminal, Kurt Waldheim, who was banned at the time from entering the US as a war criminal.
Old 11 May 2008, 01:49 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tristan921
If it is a common pose, show us an image of another weightlifter doing that same "Heil Hitler" pose. It seems to have been a signature pose for Schwarzenegger. Schwarzenegger was also qouted by various people and once caught on videotape (in Pumping Iron) expressing admiration for Hitler, Dictators or in one case a German war criminal, Kurt Waldheim, who was banned at the time from entering the US as a war criminal.
Who has created a fresh account especially for this thread ??

Am I being a conspiracy theorist now, for thinking this ?
Old 11 May 2008, 02:31 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

"Next a skit by Mitchell and Webb on the appropriateness of a skull design as a logo, contributed by “Daz34″ at ScoobyNet.com. A classic example of British humor. Thanks, Daz34"

Wha???????

Actually - methinks Tristan is the site author....
Old 11 May 2008, 03:37 PM
ScoTTyB
Scooby Regular

Probably worth mentioning that there are some pretty gruesome pics in that link.
Old 11 May 2008, 07:23 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by ScoTTyB
Probably worth mentioning that there are some pretty gruesome pics in that link.
There sure mate. The one where they are 'sardining' the women and children made me physically sick. Schwarzenegger is an enigmatic and iconic figure. I have been following him since the Eighties and his rise has been meteoric.

He has a dark side to his nature there is no question. Allegations about sexual harrasment, abusing fellow competitors before competitions. Nobody stood up to him so he got away with it (except Mike Mentzer who came close to hitting him). Arnie is no 'little boy lost' , he knows full well the implications of his actions. As the saying goes there is no smoke without fire.
Old 11 May 2008, 07:26 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

I don't recall him expressing admiration for dictators in Pumping Iron. If he did it was edited out.
Old 11 May 2008, 10:27 PM
Cyril Robertson
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
I don't recall him expressing admiration for dictators in Pumping Iron. If he did it was edited out.
I concur.

He did mention 'powerful people' but no mention of the likes of Hitler.

Jesus was mentioned.

Cyril.
Old 12 May 2008, 05:02 AM
Tristan921
Scooby Newbie

Default Re:

Originally Posted by Cyril Robertson
I concur.

He did mention 'powerful people' but no mention of the likes of Hitler.

Jesus was mentioned.

Cyril.
In Pumping Iron he said "I was always dreaming of very powerful people, dictators and things like that. I was always impressed by people that could be remembered for hundreds of years..."

It's in the website in the Slide Show. I suppose you two didn't even bother to look at it, before trying to excuse him. Several people have been qouted as saying Schwarzenegger "admired" Hitler and/or the *****. He tried to make a movie in the 90's, entitled "With Wings as Eagles" where he intended to play a "good" ****, so he could prance around before millions of adoring fans in a **** uniform.

NewStandard: 12/25/96With Wings as Eagles

But people rediculed it so much that it was cancelled. Face it, Schwarzenegger has a little issue with Nazism. He is attracted to it. He's not the only unfortunately.
Old 12 May 2008, 11:29 AM
jono_pryor11
Scooby Newbie

I in no way support, approve of, condone in any way anything the **** party or Hitler did or orchestrated or stood for, but..

The man must have had some strength of character to galvanise an entire nation into action behind his vision (as appalling as it was) and that is something that can be admired. Its just a shame it was such a terrible vision. Similar to Alexander the great etc. If he'd said about Hitlers vision being brilliant, then id be worried.

Else wise no one should show admiration for Churchill either then, as he was a key member of the uk WW2 government and military machine that committed such atrocities as the Fire bombing of Dresden, a place with little or no strategic importance and was designed to cause mass loss of civilian life.

Many people have a dark background / past that doesn't mean that's who they are now, and much of opinion should be based on their better / current actions.
Old 12 May 2008, 02:04 PM
Tristan921
Scooby Newbie

My God, are there really Brits that want to compare a hero like Churchill with a perverse murderous barbarian, like Hitler. Political correctness is running more rampant than I thought. No wonder allusions to Nazism shown by a US politician in the international media doesn't bother some of them. The next time the Brits will cave in whining orgastic spasms of defeatism and the formerly "Great" Britain will lick the boots of their **** masters, like much of the rest of Europe did.
Old 12 May 2008, 02:40 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Tristan, youre taking this all a little too seriously. The man is a ****: I dont think that he is secretly planning an Aryan coup.....
Old 12 May 2008, 03:14 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by GC8
Tristan, youre taking this all a little too seriously. The man is a ****: I dont think that he is secretly planning an Aryan coup.....
Quite!

And Jono has a valid point: there is a difference between someone saying that they respected someone's leadership skills and agreeing with their vision/views!

YouTube - 2DTV - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Intruder

Old 12 May 2008, 03:40 PM
jono_pryor11
Scooby Newbie

Tristan 921, you dont half spout a load of cr@p!

I made no comparision. Nore did I make a statement of support. All i did was point out that other, infinatley more admirable leaders have also had a hand in attrocities. They are seen as great people because the good they have done is deemed by society to outweight the bad.

Irrespective of these **** links and other poor behavious, Schwarzenegger does seem to be pushing a similar line to previous Californian governerns and driving the state in a healthier direction than the majority of the US. He's still a co(c)k though.

If you really want to get all conspiratorial about American (and european) polticians then concentrate more on the masonic links and what connotations they have. These are far more real and widespread than any puported ****'ism.
Old 12 May 2008, 06:14 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

In Pumping Iron he said "I was always dreaming of very powerful people, dictators and things like that. I was always impressed by people that could be remembered for hundreds of years..."

It's in the website in the Slide Show. I suppose you two didn't even bother to look at it, before trying to excuse him.
I did actually look at the clip not that I needed to. I have Pumping Iron on videotape and there is no mention of dictators in it. That's not to say he didn't say it as I already alluded to. It could have been edited out.
Old 12 May 2008, 06:17 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by jono_pryor11
I in no way support, approve of, condone in any way anything the **** party or Hitler did or orchestrated or stood for, but..

The man must have had some strength of character to galvanise an entire nation into action behind his vision (as appalling as it was) and that is something that can be admired. Its just a shame it was such a terrible vision. Similar to Alexander the great etc. If he'd said about Hitlers vision being brilliant, then id be worried.

Else wise no one should show admiration for Churchill either then, as he was a key member of the uk WW2 government and military machine that committed such atrocities as the Fire bombing of Dresden, a place with little or no strategic importance and was designed to cause mass loss of civilian life.

Many people have a dark background / past that doesn't mean that's who they are now, and much of opinion should be based on their better / current actions.
It's called charisma. All 'great' leaders have it in abundance. Hitler was also a phenomenal public speaker, when you have those qualities you can achieve whatever you desire.
Old 12 May 2008, 06:39 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
It's called charisma. All 'great' leaders have it in abundance. Hitler was also a phenomenal public speaker, when you have those qualities you can achieve whatever you desire.
Indeed!

YouTube - cartman is crazy as hitler

Old 12 May 2008, 06:57 PM
rickya
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wat a load of old tosh IMO!!
Old 12 May 2008, 09:43 PM
Removed.
Scooby Regular

Lets not forget that the swastika is actually a very ancient symbol of good luck. You'll find it in churches and monasteries, and the mirror image is a Hindu symbol.

The skull and cross bones is an equally ancient symbol, and not the sole property on the ****'s. They used a lot of mythological, ancient and symbolic imagery, partly because they were into that sort of thing and also because it looked good.

I personally own a swastika and eagle style uniform badge from an SS officer. I'm glad to have it, because it was given to my grandfather at the end of the occupation by an SS officer. The same SS officer gave my grandfather a meagre share of his rations to help him when the food ran out after D-Day, and made sure the SS men who were billeted in my grandfathers house treated him with respect. He may of been SS, he may possibly of been a seriously evil man, who knows. But the symbol from his uniform is just that, a symbol. It's the sentiment BEHIND the symbolism that matters.

The long and short of it is, IT'S JUST A BELT BUCKLE FFS!

Oh, and IIRC the standard German uniform belt buckle had "Gott Mitt Uns" and an Imperial Eagle, as used during WW1.
Old 13 May 2008, 07:09 AM
Tristan921
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Quite!

And Jono has a valid point: there is a difference between someone saying that they respected someone's leadership skills and agreeing with their vision/views!

YouTube - 2DTV - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Intruder

Schwarzenegger said in Pumping Iron that he "dreamed of powerful people, like dictators" i.e. he is dreaming of being one.

Several other people have quoted him as admiring Hitler or making other similar questionable remarks about dictators, ***** and Nazism. Hitler's leadership skills were based on massmurdering those how opposed him. Those are not leadership skills that can reasonably be admired.

It doesn't take a conspiracy theory. This is just about what one person is doing. That is, a politician wearing symbols in the international media that can be taken as support of **** and/or racist views. That should not be accpeted.

It is amazing that so many people jump to defend him. But you never know who you may meet in the Internet. Most likely teenagers. So, I don't take it too seriously.
Old 13 May 2008, 07:14 AM
Tristan921
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by ChunkyDunky
Lets not forget that the swastika is actually a very ancient symbol of good luck. You'll find it in churches and monasteries, and the mirror image is a Hindu symbol.

The skull and cross bones is an equally ancient symbol, and not the sole property on the ****'s. They used a lot of mythological, ancient and symbolic imagery, partly because they were into that sort of thing and also because it looked good.

I personally own a swastika and eagle style uniform badge from an SS officer. I'm glad to have it, because it was given to my grandfather at the end of the occupation by an SS officer. The same SS officer gave my grandfather a meagre share of his rations to help him when the food ran out after D-Day, and made sure the SS men who were billeted in my grandfathers house treated him with respect. He may of been SS, he may possibly of been a seriously evil man, who knows. But the symbol from his uniform is just that, a symbol. It's the sentiment BEHIND the symbolism that matters.

The long and short of it is, IT'S JUST A BELT BUCKLE FFS!

Oh, and IIRC the standard German uniform belt buckle had "Gott Mitt Uns" and an Imperial Eagle, as used during WW1.
The point is that Schwarzenegger is wearing his SS-Like symbol in the international media. He does not just have it as a personal souvenir at home. There is a big difference.

What would you think if the Queen suddenly started wearing SS uniforms and Swastikas in public. It don't think the UK would approve very much. But it's just a symbol....
Old 13 May 2008, 11:25 AM
jono_pryor11
Scooby Newbie

Hitler's leadership skills were based on massmurdering those how opposed him. Those are not leadership skills that can reasonably be admired.

It doesn't take a conspiracy theory. This is just about what one person is doing. That is, a politician wearing symbols in the international media that can be taken as support of **** and/or racist views. That should not be accpeted.

It is amazing that so many people jump to defend him. But you never know who you may meet in the Internet. Most likely teenagers. So, I don't take it too seriously.
Its pretty evident there is no point attempting to engage in a debate with you on this subject as your statements point to a completely closed mind.

I think that last attempt at an insult shows that you most definitely do take the above comments seriously, but are unable to construct a suitable argument so you must resort to attempted insults.

You are of course entitles to you opinion on things, as is everyone. Enjoy your time on scoobynet.
Old 13 May 2008, 11:32 AM
New_scooby_04

Schwarzenegger said in Pumping Iron that he "dreamed of powerful people, like dictators" i.e. he is dreaming of being one.
Yes, people jumped on the dictators bit and neglected to comment on the fact that he also mentioned Jesus!

I think the point he was trying to make is that he wanted to be remembered for generations to come.

He's never been the most sensitive soul, nor particularly savy when it comes to tact etc... What did everyone expect: he made his fortune out of his formidable physique not his political acumen..... and certainly not his acting!

Quick Reply: Schwarzenegger's Nazi fetish.