You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
You wont lose your licence through drinking or using one mouthfull of mouthwash, you could fail a breath test apparently but they dont ban you based on one roadside breath test.
You might have a slightly upset stomach, just dont make a habit of it.
So you think you can skirt the law by boozing and cruising under the influence of Listerine? Well not in Adrian, Michigan where 50-year-old Carol Ries was arrested for operating under the influence of liquor. She had downed three glasses (we won't even hazard a guess on what size glasses either) of the mouthwash. Listerine of course has an alcohol volume of 26.9 percent but this is the first we've heard of it involved in a drunk driving incident.
I used to like the taste as a young child and drank a few lid fulls every morning and it never did me any harm. this an an interesting read though.
Originally Posted by wiki
]Listerine was invented in the 19th century as a powerful surgical antiseptic. It was later sold, in a very distilled form, as a floor cleaner and a cure for gonorrhea. But it wasn't a runaway success until the 1920s, when it was pitched as a solution for "chronic halitosis", the faux medical term that the Listerine advertising group created in 1921 to describe bad breath
Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.
Strange uses, this alcohol based stuff has..
1. Use alcohol based mouthwash to clean your toilet bowl- To clean and disinfect your toilet bowl simply reach for a cup of alcohol based mouthwash and pour it into your toilet. Let it sit for about thirty minutes. Once the thirty minutes is up, simply use your toilet scrub brush and clean as you normally would. The alcohol based mouthwash has taken all of the stains away.
2. Cure underarm odor- Regular deodorants do nothing more than just mask unpleasant underarm odors with a heavy perfume smell. They do very little to actually attack the cause of the odor. It is quite simple to get rid of the bacteria that causes perspiration odor, just dampen a cotton ball with a sugarless, alcohol-based mouthwash and swab your armpits.
3. Facial astringent- Are you out of your favorite facial astringent? Don't worry, just grab your mouthwash! Simply wash your face first with your normal facial cleanser. Secondly apply some mouthwash to a cotton ball and wipe it on your face. The mouthwash will act as your normal facial astringent and you should feel a pleasant sensation. When you are done rinse and your face will look fresh and clean.
4. A disinfectant wash for your toothbrushes- Germs and bacteria thrive in places like toothbrushes. It is very important to make sure you keep your toothbrushes as clean as possible to help cut down on colds, viruses and other germs being spread throughout your home. All it takes is a couple of minutes to soak your toothbrushes in some mouthwash to kill those harmful germs and bacteria.
5. Help get rid of dandruff- If a bad case of dandruff has you never wearing black, don't worry. Just wash your hair as normal with your regular shampoo. Then simply rinse with an alcohol based mouthwash. You can then use your regular conditioner. Continue to do this every time you wash your hair until all flakes are gone.