Subaru Discussion Forums

Go Back   ScoobyNet > Community > Non Scooby Related
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Welcome to ScoobyNet.com!
Subaru forum
Welcome to the ScoobyNet.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 21 May 2009, 20:05   #1
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Trader Score: (0)
Location: At the bank looking to see if i have saved enough for a remap!
Send a message via MSN to subaruturbo_18
Default Does anybody know which phone shops will buy out my contract?

I have about 8 months left on my contract, and i know that carphone ware house used to buy people out of there contracts if they moved to a contract with them, but does anybody know if they still do this? or if not them, then somebody else?

It may sound crazy to some people but retailers like carphone can get paid up to 500 in commision for connecting a new handset. i wouldnt mind taking out insurance also, and possibly a sole trader business account so i would be seen as a 'high valued' customer (not that big companies value any of their customers these days )
subaruturbo_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2009, 20:25   #2
scoobyvirgin
Scooby Regular

Pass on that, but I do know someone that buys neon washer jets if that is any help?!?
scoobyvirgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2009, 20:32   #3
mj
Scooby Regular

Just out of interest, what would one do with a 2nd user, neon washer jet?
mj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2009, 20:34   #4
mj
Scooby Regular

I wasn't calling you a neon washer jet then, or enquiring what you would do with a 2nd user, by the way. Bad grammar on my part.
Old 21 May 2009, 20:35   #5
mj
Scooby Regular

Soz, by the way, I did it again.
Old 21 May 2009, 20:51   #6
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

500 pound commision but they also have to deduct the value of the handset from that so you get a free phone
Ray_li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2009, 20:54   #7
stevebt
600bhp'ish

Trader Score: (8)
This is my Scooby.  To set up your own Scooby, go to your user cp, and click 'Edit Settings'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaruturbo_18 View Post

It may sound crazy to some people but retailers like carphone can get paid up to 500 in commision for connecting a new handset.)

I hope that is pence ??? as most quality phones are near 500 so once you add minutes etc I'm sure 35 a month is bare minimum????

I'm sure thats why contracts are 18months and others 24months as the phones are getting that expensive ???
stevebt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2009, 20:55   #8
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Trader Score: (3)

First time ive heard of that! and its not exactly legal to buy someone elses contract as its binding between that person and that company, and it can only be broken by that person or that company.
If you have 8 months left then you will either have to forfeit your contract and pay the penalty or wait until the 8 months is up before going to a different company for your phone

Tony
TonyBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2009, 20:58   #9
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Trader Score: (3)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebt View Post
I hope that is pence ??? as most quality phones are near 500 so once you add minutes etc I'm sure 35 a month is bare minimum????

I'm sure thats why contracts are 18months and others 24months as the phones are getting that expensive ???
Pretty much its basically a way around giving you a phone every 12 months foc, so now they change the contracts for a couple of reasons, 1 being that they dont make that much on the handsets anyway and 2, it keeps customers for longer (as a vast majority of people like their phone provider and stick with them for years )

Tony
TonyBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2009, 22:27   #10
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBurns View Post
First time ive heard of that! and its not exactly legal to buy someone elses contract as its binding between that person and that company, and it can only be broken by that person or that company.
If you have 8 months left then you will either have to forfeit your contract and pay the penalty or wait until the 8 months is up before going to a different company for your phone

Tony

yeah that is true, but you phone up in store verify security etcetc then they can take over and pay it. i know it has definately been done before, and it definately was in carphone ware house as a mate told me, but im not too sure if they still do it..(don't want to look cheap going in there )

Last edited by subaruturbo_18; 21 May 2009 at 22:28.
Old 21 May 2009, 22:45   #11
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBurns View Post

Tony
It is called novation or assignment in contract law

simples
what would scooby do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2009, 00:25   #12
zip106
Scooby Regular

I've just done it today!
Went into CPW, showed them my completely knackerd Nokia.
I've got 5 months left of my contract with O2/CPW.

To buy out my contract would have cost me 141.03, CPW gave me 100, a brand new Samsung Tocco Lite touch screen on a 30 pm contract with 700 mins and 700 texts a month with T-Mobile.

So it actually cost me 41.03.

It'll do me
zip106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2009, 00:52   #13
Boro
Scooby Legend

Trader Score: (1)
hobbymounts hobbymounts
Send a message via MSN to Boro
This is my Scooby.  To set up your own Scooby, go to your user cp, and click 'Edit Settings'.

They dont actually buy your contract, as zip said, they work out exactly how much you would pay until the end of the contact, for eg, 8 months x 35 per month = 280 and give you it as cashback.

It is then up to you whether you pay off your contract in full, or leave it run and pay the 35 a month until the end.

400-500 commission is not uncommon for high end tariffs and if you only wanted a cheap handset you could get a big cashback amount. Different shops will want to make different profits, its all about how much you can get from the assistant on the day.

Some places offer instant cashback, others you have to claim over a period of time.

Hope that helps.
Boro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2009, 11:00   #14
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

last two comments are great help,
Old 22 May 2009, 14:35   #15
Boro
Scooby Legend

Trader Score: (1)
hobbymounts hobbymounts
Send a message via MSN to Boro

Have a look here from some of the best cashback deals.

Quote:
All these mobiles come with Guaranteed Cashback, from 10 to over 220!

With Automatic Cashback you are 100% guaranteed to get your money. There are no claims to make and no vouchers to send back. We pay your money directly in to your bank account. It couldn't be easier.
Click the Cashback deals link on the righthand side >>> Intek Mobile Phones - The best mobile deals
Boro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2009, 14:39   #16
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Send a message via MSN to Hanley

I've got 4 months left on my Vodafone contract at 25 per month.

I'm going to pay a visit to Carphone Warehouse this weekend as I want to get an I-Phone, I'm going to ask if there's anything they can do about the remaining 4 months of my contract e.g. cashback deal.

Hopefully as myself and my wife will be getting one they may be interested.

Old 22 May 2009, 16:57   #17
SCOsazOBY
Scooby Senior

Phones for you buy out contracts, my friend works for them and she said if you go in an afternoon and find a female assistant, do a bit of flirting and you will get a good deal (plus if she is fit she knows your new number) Its somethiing to do with daily targets and so if they have had a good retail day then they can give you a better offer
SCOsazOBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2009, 16:57

Tags
02, body, buy, buyout, carphone, companys, contract, contracts, insurance, mobile, pay, people, phone, phones, shops, warehouse