You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
Location: The Terry Crews of moderation. P P P P P P POWER!!
Conduct in debates within N.S.R.
The webteam (and the BBS) feel that certain individuals have recently been repeatedly using threads on SN as a platform to conduct personal arguments (not debate) with other members to the detriment of those threads/the community atmosphere. This kind of conduct has been especially apparent on threads involving discussion of religious issues.
The webteam is reluctant to dictate what can and can't be discussed on the BBS, but we are happy and entitled to reiterate/clarify/expand on the T&Cs as they pertain to acceptable conduct when dealing with issues that have proven to be emotive/sensitive, especially when there is community impetus to do so.
From this point onwards, the webteam will be responding assertively (at their discretion) to any of the following conduct:
- Taking a thread off topic to solicit an argument about a subject of dubious relevance.
- Baiting (not debating) on contentious issues, or making things personal i.e. having a dig at someone, badgering them for a response, being disrespectful or otherwise trying to belittle their viewpoint/beliefs.
- Creating a thread where, at prima facie, the primary intention appears to be to ridicule another user's beliefs or incite a 'bun fight'.
- Posting anything that is deemed by the webteam to be conducive with inciting disharmony among members
- Ignoring a webteam request to put a member on ignore
This applies to EVERYONE. Transgressions from the above will result in infractions or bans. Retaliation is not an excuse (see advice on dealing with people who you deem to be trolling).