Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Prank Calls... Do these people actually have no lives or what?

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2012, 01:16 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Prank Calls... Do these people actually have no lives or what?

We put an advert in our local Newspaper for Friday offering poultry for sale, etc, and we've had a lot of interest as we expected, but we've also had a few prank calls as well and it's doing my nut in. Do these people actually have no lives?

By Friday evening around 11pm we had had 2 prank calls and this morning (Saturday) we had another at around 9.30am. These idiots don't even sound like kids messing around... they sound like full grown men acting like complete bell-ends. I wish I could tell them how ridiculous they are because they think they're being funny when they're just making a fool out of themselves. They must be single lonely men because I honestly can not imagine anyone else doing it?

With one chap, I couldn't tell if he was being serious or not, so I didn't know whether to put the phone down or continue to act professional and try to help. In then end I stopped talking and he put the phone down on me lol.

Anyone else had similar experiences?

Last edited by LSherratt; 10 March 2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10 March 2012, 01:30 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

deffo a greater number of knobbers out there now.
Old 10 March 2012, 01:38 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a sort of similar experience years ago but it wasn't really pranks, more harassment. Jealous wannabee gangsters (one in particular) where my first girlfriend lived started phoning me saying they were going to do this and that. Some pretty nasty stuff. Culminated in them showing up when I was parked somewhere and me almost running one of them over, then a high speed chase ensuing, after which about 8 of them waited on me with golf clubs etc near my girlfriend's house. They also got one of the nastiest pieces of work around here to call me and say he was going to come to my house and chop me and my family up.

I was too young and stupid/scared to do the right thing and put a stop to it. Be a different story now... but then people like that only take weak targets.

Count yourself lucky.
Old 10 March 2012, 02:04 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LSherratt
We put an advert in our local Newspaper for Friday offering poultry for sale, etc, and we've had a lot of interest as we expected, but we've also had a few prank calls as well and it's doing my nut in. Do these people actually have no lives?

By Friday evening around 11pm we had had 2 prank calls and this morning (Saturday) we had another at around 9.30am. These idiots don't even sound like kids messing around... they sound like full grown men acting like complete bell-ends. I wish I could tell them how ridiculous they are because they think they're being funny when they're just making a fool out of themselves. They must be single lonely men because I honestly can not imagine anyone else doing it?

With one chap, I couldn't tell if he was being serious or not, so I didn't know whether to put the phone down or continue to act professional and try to help. In then end I stopped talking and he put the phone down on me lol.

What on earth do these plonkers find to say when it comes to replying to an advertisement for selling poultry?

Les
Old 10 March 2012, 02:11 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss
I had a sort of similar experience years ago but it wasn't really pranks, more harassment. Jealous wannabee gangsters (one in particular) where my first girlfriend lived started phoning me saying they were going to do this and that. Some pretty nasty stuff. Culminated in them showing up when I was parked somewhere and me almost running one of them over, then a high speed chase ensuing, after which about 8 of them waited on me with golf clubs etc near my girlfriend's house. They also got one of the nastiest pieces of work around here to call me and say he was going to come to my house and chop me and my family up.

I was too young and stupid/scared to do the right thing and put a stop to it. Be a different story now... but then people like that only take weak targets.

Count yourself lucky.
Your girlfriend must have lived in quite a posh area if the yobs were waiting with their Callaway irons.
Old 10 March 2012, 02:30 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LSherratt
Well, the ex-mister got himself an African parrot, and became the very best mates with him. I wouldn't have been happy with an animal in the cage in my house, so this phenomenon took place at his pad when I was no more his missus or a best mate. Anyhow, on a nice sunny day, when he was cleaning the cage with Cheeko on his shoulder, Cheeko decided to take a flight to an unknown land. He was very concerened abut the domesticated parrot's well-being. He printed out a poster with "Missing African Parrot! He repeats everything you say to him. We are very worried about his safety. Please call landline: _______ or our mobile: __________ If you spot him anywhere. Thank you.", and put it up everywhere in the village. To village kids, it was a great opportunity to have some fun! They started to ring him, and as soon as he picked the phone, they'd make animal sounds and talk cr@p to him. He was inundadted with such calls to the point of crying , but sadly the missing parrot was never found.

I don't get them that often at all, but I have had some prank emails and texts as well. I had a text this week from some Mike, saying, "Hi Tina, be gd to see u mmmmmmmmm xxxx." I had come out for my lunch break, and happened to check my phone. My usual reaction would have been to ignore such **** but I thought of letting the poor guy know that he got the wrong number, just in case Tina was his girlfriend or something. So I texted back with "Sorry, you have texted the wrong number." It instantly texted back, saying, " v. sory, i nrly incld my pic! hv gud pm." Not that I had to, but I texted back "U too". IT texts back, "will i if nbr. i cud do wth sum." WTF???? What a weirdo! I knew it was someone taking a p!ss. I just regret not to text back to him that he was texting a 6 footer gay copper with fat belly and manky teeth, and I could stick fireworks up his bumhole if he liked. Some people, eh? <shakes head>
Old 10 March 2012, 03:58 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
What on earth do these plonkers find to say when it comes to replying to an advertisement for selling poultry?

Les
It was something stupid asking me if I sold blinds and in particular "red curtains"... at first I didnt understand what he meant, then I heard someone else in the background and eventually realised that he was having me on. He then went on asking me if I could provide him with cows, pigs, and sheep with a slight laugh in his voice in which I put the phone down.
Old 10 March 2012, 04:06 PM
Kirstiestar
Scooby Regular

"will i if nbr. i cud do wth sum."

What does that mean?!!
Old 10 March 2012, 04:16 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

kids doing it, i would play along and laugh, prank calls even to me are mildly amusing for a short time

full grown men, wtf??
Old 10 March 2012, 04:54 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I used to stick an advert in asda every so often offering kittens free to a good home and stick my mates number down. That usually guaranteed a few dozen annoying calls to their mobile. Of course now I'm much more mature and would never dream of doing such a thing.
Old 10 March 2012, 04:58 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kirstiestar
"will i if nbr. i cud do wth sum."

What does that mean?!!
Exactly. I take it as some inquiry to pursue the act. he did text back with- "sori, a bit naughty". What a bellend. I reckon It was some uneducated chav who's into texting sexing, I think. He thought if Tina wasn't available, whoever random stranger got his text messages might also be as horny as him, and would oblige. Doesn't matter if that person is an 80 year old wrinkly granny with all teeth missing or some gayboy who'd bust his back passage.
Old 10 March 2012, 05:23 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Exactly. I take it as some inquiry to pursue the act. he did text back with- "sori, a bit naughty". What a bellend. I reckon It was some uneducated chav who's into texting sexing, I think. He thought if Tina wasn't available, whoever random stranger got his text messages might also be as horny as him, and would oblige. Doesn't matter if that person is an 80 year old wrinkly granny with all teeth missing or some gayboy who'd bust his back passage.
'will i if nbr' ....... nope still completely lost on me??
Old 10 March 2012, 06:28 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dr Hu
'will i if nbr' ....... nope still completely lost on me??
It lost on me, too. However, it read a bit dodgy, bearing Its previous 2 texts in mind. Then It confirmed Its intentions of the "will i if nbr......." text by texting again, "sori a bit naughty". How on earth did It get the right to talk to me "a bit naughty"??? It didn't even know me FFS. LOL it was clear that It was on a "hit and miss" mission with random peeps. The best idea was to ignore the bellend. LOL Technology makes it easier for such pranks to occur, so no big deal.

Note: "It" = some random texter bellend who called himself "Mike" for some "Tina"
Old 10 March 2012, 06:39 PM
stuart69
Scooby Regular

What poultry are you selling?
Old 10 March 2012, 07:42 PM
ScoobySteve69
Scooby Regular

I think that`s fowl
Old 10 March 2012, 07:52 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a **** and bull story to me
Old 10 March 2012, 07:54 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Is Mr Janus there? First name Hugh?
Old 10 March 2012, 08:46 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Leslie

Les
they rarely say anything, or explain themselves --- too chicken tbh
Old 10 March 2012, 09:41 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stuart69
What poultry are you selling?
Columbian Blacktail point-of-lay pullets

I would give out my website but I'm scared that I'll get some SN'ers pranking me

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
they rarely say anything, or explain themselves --- too chicken tbh
Old 10 March 2012, 09:43 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Probably just local fly boys ducking and diving....
Old 10 March 2012, 09:53 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
I used to stick an advert in asda every so often offering kittens free to a good home and stick my mates number down. That usually guaranteed a few dozen annoying calls to their mobile. Of course now I'm much more mature and would never dream of doing such a thing.
A lad I know sticks up adverts advertising a hitman for hire