Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Vauxhall Insignia - quite a nice car?

Search this Thread

Old 07 October 2011, 09:55 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Vauxhall Insignia - quite a nice car?

Since owning and truly hating a MK3 Astra I vowed never to go near a Vauxhall again.

However, I went to an investment conference at Williams F1 conference centre and decided to hire a car to go up. Wanted something like a Merc or BM but got the Insignia.

I have to say I was actually impressed. I've read a few comments about the interior being rubbish but I thought it was OK (Don't forget my daily drive is a Jeep Cherokee XJ which has roots back to the early 70s!!)

All the toys worked - Sat Nav got me there OK, Bluetooth paired to my phone no problems. Very impressed with the space inside, took the nipper to school in it this morning and she seemed like a long way away in the back

It was quite quick I guess, mapped it would be more entertaining for sure. Didn't like the wat the steering weighted up at first but then after a while I didn't notice it.

Seats were quite nice, they were kind of sporty ones with a bit of side support and you could move the bottom bit to support under your legs - here is one big criticism in that the metal for these bits is exposed on the sides and quite sharp. Little fingers might get cut here. I'm not a fan of leather seats (I just don't really like it) so didn't bother me that they were cloth.

Just off to take it back to the hire centre now and I have to say that I'm quite tempted by it. I actually think I'd rather a lesser brand and more toys than an expensive brand and poverty spec. As something to munch the work miles I'd be quite happy to have one long term.
Old 07 October 2011, 07:16 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They look nice,nearly got one last year.
Old 07 October 2011, 07:20 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

its goddam fugly from behind , sorry
Old 07 October 2011, 07:30 PM
Saxo Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VXR is decent. Still holding their value really well (annoyingly).
Old 07 October 2011, 08:11 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Didn't really look at it from behind. To be fair it doesn't really set me alight cosmetically. It just occured to me that if I was in the market for a mile muncher that wasn't a poverty spec German I'd seriously consider the Insignia. Looked at Mondeo and I don't really like any of it, in or out. Honda Accord isn't too bad but it looks really big.

Only thing with the VXR is that apart from the seats, there isn't that much difference to the cheaper ones. Quite a performance car though!
Old 08 October 2011, 01:35 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

I think they look really smart, was sat next to one the other day and wondered what it was and was surprised when I saw it was an Insignia, they are treated like the wooden spoon as people clamour for anything with a "premium" badge or four wheel drive but I bet they are quite a decent car, the reviews are good, my brother has just ordered a company one, 160 bhp diesel and he has sptted a tuning box for 200 plus bhp.
Old 08 October 2011, 01:39 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

I know i push Skoda a bit but have a spin in a Superb.You'll be amazed.
Old 08 October 2011, 01:42 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

They do get a good review the Superb, again, the best cars are probably the mid range hatches and saloons from the major manufacturers, all these soft roaders and urban stuff is fine but compromised in comparison but most purchases seem to be fashion led with a hint of terror at not being able to get to the Trafford centre for a couple of days during winter.