Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Citroen Grand Picasso

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2012, 06:21 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Citroen Grand Picasso

Need a MPV. These appear to be good value and good looking (for a MPV).

Any have any experience of these?
Old 21 November 2012, 09:31 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

mmmmm, no one likes to see these threads tbh

still the march of time "un" all that
Old 21 November 2012, 09:33 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

A mate just got one (three kids) and likes it.

If I HAD to get an MPV, it would be a Ford S Max. But many many large estate cars and SUVs/4x4s would come way before it in the queue.
Old 21 November 2012, 09:35 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been looking at these too (for the mrs mind). The only thing I would say is they don't appear to wear too well so if you plan on high miles or keeping it you'd be better looking elsewhere. I'd suggest having one that is more than 5-6 years old and it'll start looking aged. We planning a 2-3 year old one on a PCP to force us to change it after 3-years unless I see a grand scenic come up for a steal
Old 21 November 2012, 10:42 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
mmmmm, no one likes to see these threads tbh

still the march of time "un" all that

Fear not, I've not given up on life just yet. I'm keeping the t25
Old 22 November 2012, 07:48 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Well done,

I always fear the worse
Old 22 November 2012, 09:46 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get any one after the 2009 face lift and you should be ok, try to avoid any tatty mobility owned vehicles but otherwise good value for your money.
Are you going petrol or diesel, manual or egs?
Old 22 November 2012, 12:33 PM
G-string
Scooby Regular

I had one new on lease for three years, great to drive loads of room but as said above didn't wear well, I done around 30k in it and tbh it looked a lot more, lots of wear on the plastics etc but it never missed a beat. I got a zafira now and I think it's better if a little smaller, just my 2pence worth.
Old 22 November 2012, 01:43 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Get any one after the 2009 face lift and you should be ok, try to avoid any tatty mobility owned vehicles but otherwise good value for your money.
Are you going petrol or diesel, manual or egs?
I've been nosing around the local car auctions. There are regularly several former Mobility owned Grand Picasso's there. They tend to be 3 years old (end of lease) very low mileage <20k, but as you said can be a bit tatty (not all though).

They tend to go for £6500-£7000 which is pretty good value
Old 22 November 2012, 01:54 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
I've been nosing around the local car auctions. There are regularly several former Mobility owned Grand Picasso's there. They tend to be 3 years old (end of lease) very low mileage <20k, but as you said can be a bit tatty (not all though).

They tend to go for £6500-£7000 which is pretty good value
Martin, do these mobility cars get serviced etc. by the leaser or the leasee? Because if it's the latter you can almost guarantee they haven't been done properly. I'm under the assumption the former is responsible though but I have no experience of it.

I personally would avoid a former mobility car like the plague but if I go into the reasons why I'll probably be labelled racist or something

P.S. Glad you're staying in Subaru ownership. Any big *** estates you could use instead of the dredded MPV?

Last edited by chocolate_o_brian; 22 November 2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 22 November 2012, 02:14 PM
windyboy
Scooby Regular

Location: Working in Belfast and living in Bangor, N'orn I'ron

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
Martin, do these mobility cars get serviced etc. by the leaser or the leasee? Because if it's the latter you can almost guarantee they haven't been done properly. I'm under the assumption the former is responsible though but I have no experience of it.

I personally would avoid a former mobility car like the plague but if I go into the reasons why I'll probably be labelled racist or something

P.S. Glad you're staying in Subaru ownership. Any big *** estates you could use instead of the dredded MPV?
Herself has one on Motobility and it's 2 1/2 years old and has done just over 12k miles, it was serviced about by the local Citreon dealer about 6 months ago and it had just done about 10k miles, I wasn't going to bother to get it serviced due to the low milage but they kept telling us to bring it in so I did and there were no problem's found (the brake pads didn't even need changing).

BTTT I'm not sure about the mileage but the dashboard computer sometimes says 45.5mpg, the other week I managed to squeeze 100 miles out of £10 diesel, twice

Our's is still reasonable clean inside and out, there are a few scratches on the plastic inside the boot due to a wheelchair going in and out

windyboy
Old 22 November 2012, 04:18 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by windyboy
Herself has one on Motobility and it's 2 1/2 years old and has done just over 12k miles, it was serviced about by the local Citreon dealer about 6 months ago and it had just done about 10k miles, I wasn't going to bother to get it serviced due to the low milage but they kept telling us to bring it in so I did and there were no problem's found (the brake pads didn't even need changing).

BTTT I'm not sure about the mileage but the dashboard computer sometimes says 45.5mpg, the other week I managed to squeeze 100 miles out of £10 diesel, twice

Our's is still reasonable clean inside and out, there are a few scratches on the plastic inside the boot due to a wheelchair going in and out

windyboy

Makes a nice change

Round here a lot of the mobility cars are thrown about, uncared for and big horrible dirty things. That's from a certain undesirable area though where the populous on benefits/free car schemes "could" be called into question on their legitimacy. There I said it, I'm a racist

Windyboy is it a three year scheme your wife is on and is the servicing etc covered too? My mothers husband received DLA for a dodgy ticker and refused the mobility car on the grounds that £56 a week or something would be taken off him for it iirc.
Old 22 November 2012, 05:46 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matteeboy
A mate just got one (three kids) and likes it.

If I HAD to get an MPV, it would be a Ford S Max. But many many large estate cars and SUVs/4x4s would come way before it in the queue.
you can get some really snazy looking S Max's

presumably they drive quite well, If I had to get an MPV that is the one I would look at
Old 23 November 2012, 11:54 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
you can get some really snazy looking S Max's

presumably they drive quite well, If I had to get an MPV that is the one I would look at
Problem is that a 3 year old S-Max will set you back around £12k
Old 23 November 2012, 02:38 PM
windyboy
Scooby Regular

Location: Working in Belfast and living in Bangor, N'orn I'ron

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
Makes a nice change

Round here a lot of the mobility cars are thrown about, uncared for and big horrible dirty things. That's from a certain undesirable area though where the populous on benefits/free car schemes "could" be called into question on their legitimacy. There I said it, I'm a racist

Windyboy is it a three year scheme your wife is on and is the servicing etc covered too? My mothers husband received DLA for a dodgy ticker and refused the mobility car on the grounds that £56 a week or something would be taken off him for it iirc.

yeah, it's the 3 year scheme and servicing as covered as well as free tax and insurance, any puncture repairs too and breakdown cover too, bascially all she (we) pay for is the fuel. You can get it on the higher rate component of the mobility of DLA, afaik you get the money and you can use it for a car or keep it and use it to help with your own mobility.

Last edited by windyboy; 23 November 2012 at 02:39 PM.