Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Powerstation, How good are they.!!

Search this Thread

Old 03 August 2006, 12:40 PM
BELKIN
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerstation, How good are they.!!

Before i start spending my ££££s, i would like to know more about there history, so is there any body out there happy/unhappy with what they have done for them..

Dai
Old 03 August 2006, 01:00 PM
AndyMoody
Scooby Regular

Loads of people use them. Do a search and read the info to confirm.

Andy.
Old 03 August 2006, 01:06 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

i hear mixed reports i know there are some happy people out there, but i also know a one or two who have been very unhappy with the service and quality of work they have received, bit like any company though to be fair.

what you looking at having done?
Old 03 August 2006, 01:10 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

tbh 99.9% of people are very happy with their service.

any company will get the odd miserable git that is not.
Old 03 August 2006, 01:36 PM
nigel s
Scooby Regular

Used them on four different occasions only good things to report.
Old 03 August 2006, 01:53 PM
StiX
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Excellent, very impressed with them.

Have a look at the Group Buy I started with them for an example:

https://www.scoobynet.com/ecutek-tek-3-t492944.html
Old 03 August 2006, 02:16 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BELKIN
Before i start spending my ££££s, i would like to know more about there history, so is there any body out there happy/unhappy with what they have done for them..

Dai
my cars had a fair bit of wrok done by them - top quality
Old 03 August 2006, 02:19 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by The Chief
any company will get the odd miserable git that is not.
ain't that the truth
Old 03 August 2006, 02:45 PM
WRXewl
Scooby Regular

Had some work done on my car there Thursday last week along with a session on the rollers and cant fault them at all . Prices are not bad either, Bristol dealership wanted £160 for rear pads and Powerstation did them for about £60 They were busy rebuilding the front of their race car at the time due to an arguement with a tyrewall
Old 03 August 2006, 05:21 PM
StudentScooby
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up here
Old 03 August 2006, 05:31 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dai
What is it you are planning on having done?
Old 03 August 2006, 07:34 PM
BELKIN
Scooby Regular

Interesting, so far little/no feed back, why is this I wonder, before you ask I intend to ask the same of other well known names, at the end of the day its my money I will be spending, and there is plenty out there that will sell you any thing to make money, I only started with Powerstation as they seem to come up the most when I do a search, [does not mean they give you value for money]..

Dai
Old 03 August 2006, 07:38 PM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

Top guys, know their stuff, prices reasonable, victims of their own success so too busy and customer service suffers at times. Need some more people and work the ramps and space they have better imo...
Old 03 August 2006, 07:56 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Had my car mapped twice and had coilovers and other suspension work done by them, and have been happy everytime they have worked on my car.
Old 03 August 2006, 08:55 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Interesting, so far little/no feed back, why is this I wonder, before you ask I intend to ask the same of other well known names, at the end of the day its my money I will be spending, and there is plenty out there that will sell you any thing to make money, I only started with Powerstation as they seem to come up the most when I do a search, [does not mean they give you value for money]..

Dai

How about you do a search! and in no time at all you will have all the answers you want... Also do a search on other companies too....

though still waiting to here what exactly you are planing on having done at Powerstation if anything at all?
Old 03 August 2006, 10:10 PM
Scooby Regular

Powerstation get my vote.
Graham
Old 03 August 2006, 10:59 PM
T20Driver
Scooby Regular

Mine too.
Old 03 August 2006, 11:14 PM
marklemac
Scooby Regular

Location: Southampton*** MY02 STi, Black/Blue Mica Prodrive Style, mildly modded :) :). ***

Mine too
Old 03 August 2006, 11:24 PM
StudentScooby
Scooby Regular

Their rolling road is a serious bit of kit!!
Old 03 August 2006, 11:25 PM
rossi_classicwrx
Scooby Regular

They wouldn't get mine. Unfortunalty only used them once and got charged to fit something which they didn't even do properly (was told that it was a problem with the timer but took it to another place and took them 10 mins to sort out)(was still charged 50 for not installing it properly). Then had the car set up and it blew up less than 200 miles down the road.. Thanks for that. Although as would be expected they completly denied it was there fault and were very unhelpfull. (reason for engine mealt down was found to be the car running to lean)
But to be fair even the best people make mistakes every now and again so maybe i was just very unfortunate. Lots of people highly reccomend them so i guess there must be a reason for that.
I'm sorry if i'm one of those miserable sods which i guess i must be according to the above!!
I've heard they really are one of the best at setting up suspension and handling packages!
You'll hear bad things about all companies from some people but to be fair i think they must be a good company as so many people highly reccomend them
Old 04 August 2006, 06:28 AM
Red Rocket 11166
Scooby Regular

Good Crowd.
Old 04 August 2006, 07:11 AM
Scooby Regular

I think that answers the question?
Refreshing to read Rossi's mature response, some others could learn from that on other parts of Snet!

They have done all my race car suspension and the results have been great, and at the speeds the car goes at on the limit of my driving capability it is your life in their hands to a high level.

Graham
Old 04 August 2006, 11:13 AM
PAS
Scooby Regular

I would recommend them for suspension work as I have there AST stuff on my race car.

Engine work and mapping is a definate no no IMO. I had a motec ecu fitted and a new set of plugs just before a race day. On the way home the car started to miss fire and not tick over. I was told it will clear and be ok to race the next day.

The qualifiying session for my race started fine but the misfire returned and it then blew up and caught fire badly at 130 mph going over Avons Rise at Castle Combe.

After the strip down it turned out that 3 of the 4 plugs where loose and 1 plug cap was not fitted correctly causing the misfire, this was on the rod that exited through the block.

I did try to speak to them but I was told to go away and it was nothing to do with them, I then asked if I could have a big power motor built with them and if they could help to keep the price down so both of us benifited. They said no way.

If you get them to quote you for work them make sure its on paper as they quoted me for the work but then I found a £300 bill for the hire of there own rollers, which was not in the verbal quote, I just naturally assumed it was all in the price of the mapping.

Another of the Saloon car race drivers that I know had even more problems than I did and is still suffering from them now.

This is just my opinion
Old 04 August 2006, 12:47 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd have to agree that you need top get them to quote in writing before carrying out the work at PS. That way everyone knows where they stand. Also try to get an idea of how much something will cost if it takes them longer than expected or negotiate a fixed cost up front. Make sure you get an idea of what exactly the warranty, if any, covers too. This goes for any garage, although Zen has rigidly stuck to estimated costs

F
Old 04 August 2006, 02:42 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PAS
I would recommend them for suspension work as I have there AST stuff on my race car.

Engine work and mapping is a definate no no IMO. I had a motec ecu fitted and a new set of plugs just before a race day. On the way home the car started to miss fire and not tick over. I was told it will clear and be ok to race the next day.

The qualifiying session for my race started fine but the misfire returned and it then blew up and caught fire badly at 130 mph going over Avons Rise at Castle Combe.

After the strip down it turned out that 3 of the 4 plugs where loose and 1 plug cap was not fitted correctly causing the misfire, this was on the rod that exited through the block.

I did try to speak to them but I was told to go away and it was nothing to do with them, I then asked if I could have a big power motor built with them and if they could help to keep the price down so both of us benifited. They said no way.

If you get them to quote you for work them make sure its on paper as they quoted me for the work but then I found a £300 bill for the hire of there own rollers, which was not in the verbal quote, I just naturally assumed it was all in the price of the mapping.

Another of the Saloon car race drivers that I know had even more problems than I did and is still suffering from them now.

This is just my opinion

Unbelievable… all garages make mistakes I accept that, but its how they rectify the mistake that counts. To find these problems after the car has been destroyed and the company saying its nothing to do with us is unacceptable. Also refusing to help with the rebuild of the engine after the event seems to me that they do not care once they have yer money. I have heard so many bad things about PS lately that I would be stupid to take my car there and hope for any afterservice..
Old 05 August 2006, 06:08 PM
BELKIN
Scooby Regular

It seems that powerstation is the place to go for suspension work, [AST only] anything else that is needed you should be looking else where, if this is the case who built the Litchfield race car, from what I have been told a company in south wales prepared the shell, [cage, seam wealding, ect].,
The engine is built by a third party, [now using cosworth engineering, [usa], the gearbox, unknown, that leaves the suspension, AST, [inhouse], It has to be said the package at this time seems to be working well, all be it they had a small hicup at the rallyday at castle coombe, [but then as they said this was a shake down for the new engine]..

Wil be watching the remainder of the season with interest..

Dai
Old 05 August 2006, 07:03 PM
New_scooby_04

To be fair, Powerstation do map all of Litchfield import cars - and they don't exactly have a bad reputation! They also created the Type 25 which many critics argue is the best Scooby -and possibly best rice rocket- in the world. They also have a string of satisified customers on here for suspension and mapping work.

Bad comments do have to be taken into account, but should be viewed in the appropriate context and one must always remeber that there are two sides to every story.

I've not been there myself yet, but I certainly would for suspension work based on what I've heard on here.

Ns04
Old 05 August 2006, 10:19 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I think people should only comment from direct experience not hearsay.

F
Old 05 August 2006, 11:00 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

got my vote being using them for ages
Old 06 August 2006, 04:49 AM
ex-webby
Orange Club

As with a number of other excellent companies I have used, PowerStation have always delivered. Whether that be engine work, mapping, suspension, geometry setup or general workshop duties and servicing. The vehicle preperation has been excellent.

One of the things that will always stick in my mind is when I needed a replacement part fitting to my engine. Only to find that they stripped another engine down (that was spare) to get the part I needed.... all in the same day and certainly not planned for. In my eyes that was going the extra mile to enable customer satisfaction to ensure the vehicle was back up and on the road.

Maybe this is nothing out of the ordinary, but it is very much appreciated from a customers point of view.

Regards,
Shaun.

Quick Reply: Powerstation, How good are they.!!