ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   Subaru Workshop Manuals (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/28457-subaru-workshop-manuals.html)

Karlos 08 January 2001 01:25 PM

Gents,

Does anybody know where you can get a Subaru Impreza workshop/haynes manual from? Do Haynes do one for the scooby?

Karl

nd555 08 January 2001 04:52 PM

There is a Haynes manual for the Legacy etc that seems to match my MY96 on most counts - clutch, cam belt etc £14.99 on their web site.

TURBO7379 09 January 2001 04:49 AM

This manual is based on American Legacy models and covers the things common on all models . It doesn't cover the specifics of turbos as they are not sold in America .

nd555 09 January 2001 11:56 AM

True ... but there is a section on Turbos that do seem to match the 96 model i.e. big turbo as this seems the same as the legacy turbo 4 cam that was imported for a while.

Hope it helps

ndouglass 09 January 2001 02:44 PM

Chaps,

I've just sent off for a manual from "Bookspeed" (0208 994 7054)

Chiltons Workshop Manual "Subaru 1985 -1996"

Hope this helps

Karlos 10 January 2001 12:39 AM

ndouglass

Is this for the impreza specifically or for all Subaru's between those years?

Karlos

vguser 15 February 2001 10:13 AM

The Manual covers all models in the Subaru range. The Book is 400 pages and is the only one i have been able to find that covers the Impreza in any detail.

Richard Olafsson 15 February 2001 04:05 PM

does this manual have any wiring diagrams in it?
I'm after one for a MY97 UK turbo and was thinking of the book that covers 'imports and UK models'

Thanks,
Rich

ndouglass 15 February 2001 04:18 PM

Rich,

Sorry I never got back to your Email, I'll have a look tonight and if I can see what you're after I'll scan pics and Email to you.

Halfords have started to sell the "Chiltons" series of manuals which cover the Subaru Legacy, Brat, Impreza etc..

Neil

Richard Olafsson 15 February 2001 04:42 PM

thanks Neil, I bought the Haynes Legacy manual which has been useful for most stuff but I REALLY need a wiring diagram.
I've been waiting for the local dealer to get back to me for about a month now with regular pestering, still no joy...

firefox 15 February 2001 05:09 PM

Richard...

Mail me with the exact details of what you want: wiring of what ? MY of car ?

J.

DavidLewis 15 February 2001 05:20 PM

I noticed a workshop manual listed in Scoobysports price list.

Richard Olafsson 15 February 2001 07:52 PM

Just had a look at the scoobysport website, couldn't see any workshop manual listed! Is it a 'non-web' price list you saw?

Alex Clydesdale 15 February 2001 08:26 PM

Over the weekend I noticed that Scoobysport has added "WRX/STi Service manuals" to their website price list, so on monday I phoned them and asked if they had one for a MY94 STi, they said they did and I had one ordered and it arrived through the post this morning.
The one they sent me is surprisingly less technical than the title "WRX/STi Service manual" had suggested, and the cover on the delicately bound A5 booklet actually reads "Impreza Owners manual" with a little Japanese flag in the corner. It doesent state which years it covers, but all the interior diagrams show the early style dash (MY92-96 I think)
I was slightly dissapointed to see that the bulk of the book is made up of pages and pages of very clear diagrams showing you things like -how to unlock the door -how to operate the hand brake,how to operate the steering toggles + the switches, how to pull down the sunvisor or open the glove box, how to move the seats back and forwards or pull out the drinks tray out. Frankly, the kind of stuff you know after a couple of days of owning an imported WRX/Sti any way, with no schematics or cross-sections of anything as i had hoped
There is some usefull information, like some of the more in depth Addzest headunit functions, how to take lights out, fuse and circuit locations(not schematics just sketches of the fusebox)some info on different kinds of diffs fitted to these Imprezas. There is a small section at the end called "vehicle maintanence" which contains a service schedual and basic fluid/filter services and damage checklists.
I am glad i bought it as any published info on these mysterious imports is like gold, but it is very much an operators manual.
Cheers, Alex.

Richard Olafsson 15 February 2001 11:07 PM

Sounds like they are just advertising handbooks for people who want English ones for their imports...

Jacko 16 February 2001 10:40 AM

Karlos,
ndouglass is right. The chiltons manual does have wiring schematics in it. Halford's sell them for about £12-£15...worth buying for the little niggly tweaks us boys get up to. Not as much detail as I would like though http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/frown.gif .
Come on HAYNES....publish a manual for us petrol heads!!!!

Paul J 16 February 2001 12:00 PM

Richard, I have also been looking for wiring diagrams for some time, without success.

If you manage to find a good manual please let me know the source.

Paul

greenking 17 February 2001 02:43 AM

Hi Karlos,
I have just brought the Chiltons manual and it does have the wiring diagrams for most subarus.
If you just requirw the wiring diagrams I can copy them and send to you.
Just e-mail offline.
I know how it feels to be waiting for info!!!!!!!!
Regards
G.

IDW 20 February 2001 10:50 PM

For complete information you should purchase the following manuals from a Subaru dealer:

G170GE1 General Information Section
W170GE Mechanism and Function
G170GE2 Repair Section
G170GE3R Diagnostics Section
G170GE4R Wiring Diagram Section
G171GE4R Wiring Diagram Section SRS
G173GER 1994 Supplement (Contains Turbo Info)

This will cost about £130 and you may need some additional supplements as this only covers everthing upto MY95.

Trex350 21 February 2001 03:53 AM

ooops ... apologies for the double post

I managed to get hold of a copy of the Subaru wrx factory manuals which would cover most items from engine,gearbox,fault codes etc etc. It is very informative.

Anyone interested pls email me or a show of hands on whose interested so that we can sort out a baulk order. It is definitely less than price mentioned above.

Disclaimer: I do not work for Subaru or associated with any dealers or after market companies. Only an enthusiast helping out other enthusiast.

[This message has been edited by Trex350 (edited 21 February 2001).]