ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   21st Birthday gift from parents. What? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/461841-21st-birthday-gift-from-parents-what.html)

SC008Y_MAD 05 October 2005 06:34 PM

21st Birthday gift from parents. What?

It my birthday on the 13th of this month and my parents what to get me something that i can say in a few years time, my parents brought me that for my 21st.

My mum was going to get two rings melted down to make one (these where from my mums side of the family) rings. But the rings are made of really soft gold so i could not wear them oftern. Also i am not a ring person.

Does anybody have any thoughts.
Something a bit different.
Buget i have been told is approx £500 (between them)

Thanks
Darren

Poor Guy 05 October 2005 06:40 PM

for my 18th i was given an expensive watch, "happy 18th birthday, mum and dad" engraved on the back.

steffiraf 05 October 2005 06:45 PM

What about a really nice picture, something that can stay with you, no matter where you end up?
Or an antique type thing - i dunno, some memorabilia, or such like. Something that will appreciate in value in years to come.
Or premuim bonds?

My parents got me an extra special 21st birthday present - they told me they were getting divorced at my 21st do :Whatever_

john_s 05 October 2005 07:23 PM

I got a watch (engraved on the back) for my 21st from my parents and regularly get grief about it as I never wear it. I just tell them it's not for wearing.

John.

Scooby Soon! 05 October 2005 07:32 PM

Nice watch, I got a sub for my 18th and I still wear it nearly everyday, but your not going to get anything for £500.

scoobyster 05 October 2005 07:35 PM

An experience rather than a thing maybe? I did a track-day in Ferraris, STi, Dax etc for my 21st earlier this year. You'd get one to remember for £500!

rossyboy 05 October 2005 07:39 PM

I got a private number plate. Some will say thats naff, but it can last you a lifetime if you want it to :)

sarasquares 05 October 2005 07:52 PM

hi darren, get your dad to put you on the scoob insurance:thumb:

davegtt 05 October 2005 07:56 PM

pff never got a £500 pressie from my parents ;) although on my 21st the misses bought me a £500ish TAG watch which I still wear 5 years on, served me well so far :)

sarasquares 05 October 2005 07:57 PM

i got brought Trivial pursuit and my mum said i could have the proper present when i grew up:cry:......i'm still waiting:mad:

john_s 05 October 2005 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by sarasquares
i got brought Trivial pursuit and my mum said i could have the proper present when i grew up:cry:......i'm still waiting:mad:

That can only mean that your mum doesn't think you've grown up yet :D

John.

sarasquares 05 October 2005 08:05 PM

thats what i was thinking:p

i got Leggo for the last one;)

Markus 05 October 2005 08:13 PM

My parents got me a Tag Heur watch for my 21st, it's still with me, still running as well as the day I got it over 10 years ago. It's a little worse for wear but that's only as it's been everywhere I have and it's the only watch I've worn since I got it.

A painting, sculpture, or some other art form might be an idea, depends what you are into really.

The experience idea is also a good thing as well. Rosie suprised me with a trip to the Montreal Grand Prix for my 31st, and it's something I'll always remember :)

J4CKO 05 October 2005 08:17 PM

How about several prostitutes ?

Stiff 05 October 2005 08:20 PM

Mine got me an empty box. Told me it was an 'Action Man Deserter' :(

jpmason33 05 October 2005 08:23 PM

i got uprated front disks and pads from my parents for my 30th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nat 05 October 2005 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO

That's what i was thinking :D :lol1:

Theres one i know of in Nottingham that's £500 for a whole night, she's got a frickin *amazing* body (although the boat is only average) and from reading reviews on the web is a dirrrrty dirrrrrty lady who'll give you a night to remember for the rest of your life ;) :eek: She'd be about £2/3000 a night in London. She works out of a luxury waterfront apartment so totally safe as well. No...i haven't been there/had a go (yet ;) ) ,just heard about her on the web. Can't remember her website though! Doh! It's in my favourites on home PC though so i'll post it when i'm home later or tomorrow ;)

I think you should do that (her) and report back to the SNet collective - It's what Men do.

J4CKO 05 October 2005 09:15 PM

My parents got me a "Tag Heur" watch for my 21st

sure its real ?

Markus 05 October 2005 09:43 PM

My parents got me a "Tag Heur" watch for my 21st

sure its real ?

100 percent certain it is real, as is my poor spelling of TAG Heuer :D

Scooby-Mark 05 October 2005 10:06 PM

I had a TAG watch for my 21st too !! :D :D

Its still going strong, and I am 30 next March :cry: :cry:

jowl 06 October 2005 08:26 AM

I got a watch for my 18th (not a really expensive one)

for my 21st I got a car.

I still wear the watch - the Car was traded in lol

Dream Weaver 06 October 2005 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Scooby Soon!
Nice watch, I got a sub for my 18th and I still wear it nearly everyday, but your not going to get anything for £500.

So you reckon you cant get a decent watch for under £500? :rolleyes:

SC008Y_MAD 06 October 2005 09:22 AM

There had to be one:razz:

Yea, like that ever goning to happen. he done not like me driving my car the way i do, so how he gonna let me drive this sccob with almost 3 thime the power and tiwce the traction:ponder2:

Originally Posted by SARASQUARRES
hi darren, get your dad to put you on the scoob insurance:thumb:

Cheers for the commets guys.

I was thinking of a personalised number plate. Have seen one that i like.

Or my be i could get a good watch as this seems to be the most popular pressie.

Darren

SupaMiniCupa 06 October 2005 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by rossyboy
I got a private number plate. Some will say thats naff, but it can last you a lifetime if you want it to :)

Me too, still got it 7 years on (and was for my 18th, not 21st)

I don't think mine is naff, but there are lots that are.

JamieMacdonald 06 October 2005 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by SupaMiniCupa
Me too, still got it 7 years on (and was for my 18th, not 21st)

I don't think mine is naff, but there are lots that are.

Me too, for my 21st. It's good because it's something I would NEVER buy myself in a million years. Probably worth more now than when it was bought too

SC008Y_MAD 06 October 2005 12:16 PM

A number plate does seem like a good idea and very tempting, plus the DVLA has one that i like and it is not out of reach (money)...hmmmm

Darren

Originally Posted by JamieMacdonald
Me too, for my 21st. It's good because it's something I would NEVER buy myself in a million years. Probably worth more now than when it was bought too

Kyl3cook 06 October 2005 12:26 PM

For my 21st my parents bought me a Gibson Les Paul. I think for the big birthdays anything that can be kept for a lifetime will do, and something that won't depreciate....hence why lots of people get nice watches.

richardg 06 October 2005 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt
pff never got a £500 pressie from my parents ;) although on my 21st the misses bought me a £500ish TAG watch which I still wear 5 years on, served me well so far :)

:thumb: my family bought me one for my 30th. stainless auto with blue carbon face - nice watch; i'm very pleased with it and would recommend them to anyone

rossyboy 06 October 2005 04:22 PM

If you do get a private plate, dont change your car too often, or get the garage to make it part of the deal. Think I've had 5 changes of car since then and has cost me £400 in transfer fees :(

Patt@firstime 06 October 2005 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby-Mark
I had a TAG watch for my 21st too !! :D :D

Its still going strong, and I am 30 next March :cry: :cry:

Tag for my 18th, 6 years on still fine :)