ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Schools for naughty children (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/626990-schools-for-naughty-children.html)

Sonic' 10 August 2007 06:27 PM

Schools for naughty children

Quick question

Is there a proper name for Schools for naughty children, like remand or reform or something like that

Im trying to find one in my area of which I know exists, but dont know the name of it

Cheers

Tracey 10 August 2007 06:39 PM

Where I am one of them is called PRU (pupil refferal unit) secondary school age children

mickywrx 10 August 2007 07:13 PM

Borstal :lol1:

There's one near where I live, no idea what the technical term for it is though. Had a look on their website and doesnt have it, just says its for children with emotional and behavourial problems.

stilover 10 August 2007 08:23 PM

Theres 3 Borstal's round my way.

2 in Newton Aycliffe and another in Barnard Castle.

Sonic' 10 August 2007 09:30 PM

I know there is one in Wigan, and one in Warrington, but dont know what they are called either :D

I have been told there is one in St Helens too, but again cant remember the name of it

Spoon 10 August 2007 09:41 PM

Aren't they just called special needs schools now?

TopBanana 10 August 2007 09:43 PM

I think the politically correct term is 'spacker school'.

Kieran_Burns 10 August 2007 10:22 PM

PRU is the correct term. Some people mix up the special needs with these - they are two different things.

Spoon 10 August 2007 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns (Post 7175184)
PRU is the correct term. Some people mix up the special needs with these - they are two different things.

Just to say I wasn't mixing the 2 up and implying the same children had mental issues (special needs).

MiL is head of a PRU too. :D

Andy S. 10 August 2007 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Sonic' (Post 7174594)
Quick question

Is there a proper name for Schools for naughty children, like remand or reform or something like that

Im trying to find one in my area of which I know exists, but dont know the name of it

Cheers

Had enough of Donna's kids :Suspiciou

There used to be a lot but most have closed down, Brother in law has just bought an ex home for very little money (18 beds + Gynasium)

kingofturds 10 August 2007 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by TopBanana (Post 7175023)
I think the politically correct term is 'spacker school'.

:lol1:

sti-04!! 10 August 2007 11:12 PM

Badboys home. Nathan is threatened with it weekly. :)
Got that bad that he even packed his own suitcase one day before i got home from work. :D

kingofturds 10 August 2007 11:13 PM

We had a special needs unit aka spacko unit attached to our school. It used to have metal furniture incase they had a hissy fit and tried to torch the place.

Sonic' 11 August 2007 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by sti-04!! (Post 7175381)
Badboys home. Nathan is threatened with it weekly. :)
Got that bad that he even packed his own suitcase one day before i got home from work. :D

Thats the reason I wanted to find the one here :D

Kids had been bad this afternoon/evening so they had been threatened with going, even had them stood by the door ready to go, but I couldnt find it on google to drive them there :D

The eldest's karate teacher told me about it a few weeks ago, and said to actually drive them there or at the very least make them really think they are going there

Ah well will have to try and google it again but under PRU :D

Leslie 11 August 2007 11:45 AM

They used to be known as "Approved Schools" years ago and they were full of hard nuts but who were subjected to strict discipline. They did a bit of good too!

Les

Tracey 11 August 2007 01:00 PM

You could try putting in your local council into google and then serching on the index for schools. It works on South Glos and brings up all schools in that area and the special needs ones and pupil refferal unit is on there too. It might help as it should give you the addresses of it too

Jamo 13 August 2007 08:22 AM

swinfen hall ;)

they will think this.

Swinfen Hall

you supply this

Swinfen Hall

wrx-kris 13 August 2007 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by shaggy1973 (Post 7178917)
swinfen hall ;)

they will think this.

Swinfen Hall

you supply this

Swinfen Hall

:lol1:

wrx-kris 13 August 2007 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Sonic' (Post 7174987)
I know there is one in Wigan, and one in Warrington, but dont know what they are called either :D

I have been told there is one in St Helens too, but again cant remember the name of it

Wigan - HMYOI hindley
Warrington - HMYOI thorn cross (open)

I can't remember ever getting sent near mersyside :freak3:

Abdabz 13 August 2007 02:11 PM

Sonic - Are you thinking of Redbank in Newton Le Willows?

The only naughty school in St Helens is Sutton High... :confused: Seriously if there is one in town, I know not of it... :)

Sonic' 13 August 2007 02:22 PM

Yes it is Redbank, my Mum told me the other day :)

Sutton High wasn't a naughty school, it was just full of Naughty Kids, myself included :lol1:

Sonic' 13 August 2007 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by wrx-kris (Post 7178989)
Wigan - HMYOI hindley
Warrington - HMYOI thorn cross (open)

I can't remember ever getting sent near mersyside :freak3:

They will probably be the ones, I think the Wigan one is for boys, and the Warrington one for Girls

I think Redbank is girls only too

Abdabz 13 August 2007 02:43 PM

Redbank is boys only dude...

A girl was once sent there in the 1960's though :eek:

A mate of mine was training to be a surveyor and when they were extending it they sent him to walk around with that hand held walking wheel (or whatever they do) and he was "under guard" all day...

Sutton high may not have been a naughty boys school, but I met a fair few naughty girls from there when I was in my late teens :norty:

wrx-kris 13 August 2007 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sonic' (Post 7179530)
Warrington one for Girls

That's males - unless they thought I was a beeatch! :lol1:

Your thinking of Risley :thumb: