ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   losing my son please help (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/947972-losing-my-son-please-help.html)

zippy! 28 August 2012 04:54 PM

losing my son please help

hi all i cant believe im about to say this but here goes :( i have just been informed that my 11 year old son has around 4 weeks to live for those who dont know he had leukeamia aged 2 and beat it then last year we had the devastating news that he had a cancerous brain tumor :( they operated and removed it and we thought all was well until friday when we were given the news it had returned in 2 places and there is nothing more they can do to help him :cry: as you can imagine we are totally devastated and have to try to make the most of our time left with our little boy :( so heres where i hope you can all help me i promised him a few weeks ago before i found out about this that i would take him to a car gathering as he is a massive fan of sports/modified cars mainly subaru,s evo,s etc but i cannot find one so i thought i would try arrange one just for him so i can keep that promise!
i have arranged with FRED LAWTON LTD MELTHAM MILLS INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, MELTHAM HUDDERSFIELD,HD9 4AY to be able to use there car park for the gathering which i would like to hold on saturday the 8th of september starting from 1 pm. everybody and every type of car is welcome so please please please come if you
can make it and make my little boys day a special one thank you all in advance and please put your name down on your posts to this thread so i can get an idea of numbers.

urban 28 August 2012 04:57 PM

That is awful news :(

I'm sure a lot of folk will turn up, and news of this will quickly spread throughout the various forums

bubba j 28 August 2012 05:01 PM

words fail me !!
absolutely gutted for you and your family :(
i hope your son gets the gathering he deserves

The Trooper 1815 28 August 2012 05:03 PM

This is shocking news. No words can express how you must be feeling and it put's into perspective all the other b*llocks that people spout on here.

scubbay 28 August 2012 05:03 PM

I cant begin to understand how you can handle such terrible news. I hope you and your son have a day to remember. I'm lost for words quite frankly.

zippy! 28 August 2012 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by bubba j (Post 10767364)
words fail me !!
absolutely gutted for you and your family :(
i hope your son gets the gathering he deserves

thank you all me too we are still very much in shock :(

BLOB EYE 28 August 2012 05:06 PM

no one ever should have to go through that.

thoughts with.

reposting on scottishscoobies.net

tubbytommy 28 August 2012 05:07 PM

hope you get a good turnout fella:thumb:

stedee 28 August 2012 05:16 PM

i`ll post it on ypco, sure some guys on there will come.

my heart goes out to you and your family

bustaMOVEs 28 August 2012 05:17 PM

PLEASE READ

connors day event accepts no legal liability for accident, injury, loss or damage incurred whilst attending connors day event, irrespective of ANY GUIDANCE or INSTRUCTION from Officers, Marshals or Representatives of connors day. You must ensure both the safety of yourselves, the general public and event attendees. By participating in connors day. you agree to these conditions

zippy! 28 August 2012 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 10767387)
Zippy so sorry to hear this news that's awfull.
Think your a member on wys, post it on there too fella, if it's any conciliation wys are having a club day at maxlogen in Leeds on 1st sept, you could always move it there.
But at mirfied I can probably make it but it's my wedding day on the following Monday so a lot to arrange at mo but I'll try and make it out of respect.

thank you mate that would be great will post it on there too as yes im a member thanks all for your kind words.

jura11 28 August 2012 05:24 PM

Gutted matey and really shocking news there:(

Jura

belliott69 28 August 2012 05:26 PM

Thats is really horrible news and my heart goes out to you and your family. Hopefully enough people can turn out and make it a day to remember for you, your son and your family.

madscoob 28 August 2012 05:29 PM

our thoughts as a family are with you , no man should have his son/daughter go before him.hope he has a great evening , if it wasn't for work and distance (devon to yorkshire) im'e sure a few south west scoobies members would of attended . hope you manage to make this a big thing, maybe one of the top tuners will attend and take him for a fast ride :thumb:

zippy! 28 August 2012 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by madscoob (Post 10767398)
our thoughts as a family are with you , no man should have his son/daughter go before him.hope he has a great evening , if it wasn't for work and distance (devon to yorkshire) im'e sure a few south west scoobies members would of attended . hope you manage to make this a big thing, maybe one of the top tuners will attend and take him for a fast ride :thumb:

that would be amazing doubt it will happen but still an amazing thought! will be happy just for a good turnout tbh thank you for the kind words everybody.

poolio74 28 August 2012 05:34 PM

My heart goes out to you all mate.Hope its a day to remember for him.

wrx fifer 28 August 2012 05:36 PM

brought a tear to my eye reading this i have to say, devastating, i hope you get a massive turn out and people show up for this would be awsome for the little guy:notworthy

Terminator X 28 August 2012 05:38 PM

4hr drive for me however I'll make it there. 911 rather than scoob though.

TX.

zippy! 28 August 2012 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator X (Post 10767406)
4hr drive for me however I'll make it there. 911 rather than scoob though.

TX.

thank you so much tx that will be fantastic he likes those :thumb:

madscoob 28 August 2012 05:46 PM

zippy if the netherlands can do this so can the UK COME ON PEOPLE GET BEHIND THIS. most of the tuning companies in the uk have done very well out of the subaru community over the years, it wouldn't hurt them to give something back and gain some kudos at the same time, if they are reading this they know who they are they all gave something to sidc for the jake james impreza invasion(which sws attended) in newquay . that little boys face as he drove my car around his school playground(sat on my lap) was worth every penny it cost me to get there and the long drive in the rain :thumb:

wrx9181 28 August 2012 05:46 PM

So so sorry about your news
It's terrible poor little man
I'll post this on Ukscoobies as most are Yorkshire notts
Mick

Busterbulldog 28 August 2012 05:50 PM

Our thoughts are with you .god bless

Shaks-STI 28 August 2012 05:51 PM

Gutted matey

Stig67 28 August 2012 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by stedee (Post 10767385)
i`ll post it on ypco, sure some guys on there will come.

my heart goes out to you and your family

sorry to hear this

yes ill go with you ste
we will get more from ypco

zippy! 28 August 2012 05:54 PM

thank you all so much hope to see you there if possible if not thank you for your support on the thread it means a lot to me and my family.

lordharding 28 August 2012 05:57 PM

I find it hard to words what I feel for your situation
My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time

Unfortunely I'm out of the uk that week so can't attend or help with the planning but I would like everyone who attends the NBO to make this a special day for the lad Please

Can someone start forming a list please in this thread and start publicising it to make this a fantastic event for the Lad and start forming a convoy and action plan

You all know the score as Yorkshire is a great meeting point which has served the NBO well for years

Can someone post this in Nesf /tts / lads / Cumbrian Scoobs / Facebook / Sioc / sidc / ukscoobies / ypco / and start getting this moving please

I would also like someone to organise a collection and raffle and Trophey for the lad please

Let's make it a special night for zippy and his family so he can enjoy the sound of the Scoobies

zakscooby1 28 August 2012 05:58 PM

So sorry to hear this mate
My thoughts are out to you and you're family
Hope there's a good turnout for you're lad!

zippy! 28 August 2012 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by lordharding (Post 10767433)
I find it hard to words what I feel for your situation
My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time

Unfortunely I'm out of the uk that week so can't attend or help with the planning but I would like everyone who attends the NBO to make this a special day for the lad Please

Can someone start forming a list please in this thread and start publicising it to make this a fantastic event for the Lad and start forming a convoy and action plan

You all know the score as Yorkshire is a great meeting point which has served the NBO well for years

Can someone post this in Nesf /tts / lads / Cumbrian Scoobs / Facebook / Sioc / sidc / ukscoobies / ypco / and start getting this moving please

I would also like someone to organise a collection and raffle and Trophey for the lad please

Let's make it a special night for zippy and his family so he can enjoy the sound of the Scoobies

thank you so much for the support that would be amazing :)

toneh 28 August 2012 06:02 PM

I can't begin to imagine how you are feeling
This is heartbreaking news and my thoughts are with you all
Needless to say I'm coming and I'll try and bring a couple of others along

I hope some top tuners are reading or owners of special cars could attend to make it an extra special evening

Tony

zippy! 28 August 2012 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by toneh (Post 10767439)
I can't begin to imagine how you are feeling
This is heartbreaking news and my thoughts are with you all
Needless to say I'm coming and I'll try and bring a couple of others along

I hope some top tuners are reading or owners of special cars could attend to make it an extra special evening

Tony

thanks tony thats great we will look forward to seeing you there! just so people know obviously he knows he is poorly but thats as far as he is aware obviously cant tell him the worst of it :cry: