ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Meet for Zippys Son - Organisation (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/948053-meet-for-zippys-son-organisation.html)

scotty44 05 September 2012 10:32 PM

A shames it's so far from here or I could of brought our van over, Best idea would be as Dave has said above, any local lads just ask any vans they know of, got to be a few around there that will be willing to get a van there on short notice!

beckiandrobwrx 05 September 2012 10:40 PM

Hiya I know you've closed the list but been sorting with our club who wanted to attend were looking at 20 cars if u can squeeze us in yjoc.co.uk cheers :)

wingy111 06 September 2012 06:30 AM

conners list

Originally Posted by samuelellis (Post 10768544)
i just figured it was easier to keep organisation in one seperate thread so stuff does not get lost inbetween well wishers on the other thread

iwill be attending

jem86mat87 06 September 2012 09:12 AM

What is the plan with regards to car club members and entry?

Will there be a special pass sorted out?

Only reason i ask is, whats to stop people who arent on any of the lists just turning up and saying they are with that club?

dombooth 06 September 2012 10:12 AM

I didn't realise I needed to register the club for this, any chance you can squeeze us in please? Would be much appreciated. :notworthy

FiatForum.com - Maximum of 10 cars.

Thanks,
Dom

Crai8088 06 September 2012 10:40 AM

Does anybody know if any parking away from the event has been sorted out?

There will be a few of us coming up from Leeds, (Connor's Family) who would like to attend, we realise that this event has reached its limits for Cars gaining entry and are happy to "Walk in" however will there be parking available aside for us?

Thanks
Craig

BoozyDave 06 September 2012 11:29 AM

I've sorted a burger van. I'll pm busta his number

Foxdie 06 September 2012 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Crai8088 (Post 10779069)

There will be a few of us coming up from Leeds, (Connor's Family) who would like to attend, we realise that this event has reached its limits for Cars gaining entry and are happy to "Walk in" however will there be parking available aside for us?

Thanks
Craig

This is in the process of being put on a map for everyone, there are at least 3 overflow car parks though :)

szabon 06 September 2012 01:34 PM

Can bustaMOVE update his list on page one? This seems the best spot to keep the official list as it is nice and easy to find, but the one he has is a bit out of date....

JDM_Stig 06 September 2012 02:17 PM

if people are walking in who will have a word about not letting slip his true condition ?

GC8 06 September 2012 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by dombooth (Post 10779032)
I didn't realise I needed to register the club for this, any chance you can squeeze us in please? Would be much appreciated. :notworthy

FiatForum.com - Maximum of 10 cars.

Thanks,
Dom

Dom, the venue is rammed already, and we dont have any more room. Theres nothing to stop people attending, but you need to park well away from the venue and walk in.

Unfortunately there isnt any way that more clubs can be added, sorry.

Simon

Crai8088 06 September 2012 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig (Post 10779353)
if people are walking in who will have a word about not letting slip his true condition ?

I should hope people who are walking in still have to go through the main gate, to make sure that numbers of permitted people allowed in the area are adhered to.

So I guess it would just be down to the Marshalls on the gates; either that or do not allow people to just "walk in".

szabon 06 September 2012 04:10 PM

as an update, we have changed the donations page on the website to say:
" Donations will be accepted at the Connor's Day 2012 event, which will go towards the family's charity of choice. Once a charity is agreed upon, we'll add a direct link here on the website as well so you can donate in person or from home!

We greatly appreciate your support for Connor's Day, and all proceeds will be donated to further help the research behind curing children's cancer."

Once we have a clear charity in mind we can set up a link to them from the site, but for now we are going to keep this simple.

Crai8088 06 September 2012 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by szabon (Post 10779515)
" Donations will be accepted at the Connor's Day 2012 event, which will go towards the family's charity of choice. Once a charity is agreed upon, we'll add a direct link here on the website as well so you can donate in person or from home!

We greatly appreciate your support for Connor's Day, and all proceeds will be donated to further help the research behind curing children's cancer."

Once we have a clear charity in mind we can set up a link to them from the site, but for now we are going to keep this simple.

What happened to the Justgiving link for Candlelighters?
https://www.justgiving.com/connorsday

bustaMOVEs 06 September 2012 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Crai8088 (Post 10779069)

Thanks
Craig

If you are Connors family then mention it and it will be confirmed by Scott or Kevin and should be ok.

Originally Posted by szabon (Post 10779295)
Can bustaMOVE update his list on page one? This seems the best spot to keep the official list as it is nice and easy to find, but the one he has is a bit out of date....

Will do mate sorry not touched that as been busy.

bustaMOVEs 06 September 2012 04:52 PM

Also 4 burger vans have been arranged now so thanks for your help guy on this.

And could you tell them to arrive at 10am or before to get them ready for parking locations etc.
Thanks

Mill.69 06 September 2012 05:21 PM

Hi guys I'm number 382 on the list with the exige s

Me and my passenger would like to help with the marshaling if thats ok, my passenger is also a first aider do I'm sure that will help

Jamie

Mill.69 06 September 2012 05:30 PM

Sorry guys just found the Marshall thread and have put our names on it :thumb:

grumpypants 06 September 2012 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by szabon (Post 10779515)

The charity Scott as chosen is candle lighters and you will be able to to ate into there buckets on the day

Kevin

grumpypants 06 September 2012 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Crai8088 (Post 10779523)
What happened to the Justgiving link for Candlelighters?
https://www.justgiving.com/connorsday

Scott's chosen charity is still candel lighters no change

Kevin

Crai8088 06 September 2012 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by grumpypants (Post 10779609)

Kevin

Ok thanks,

Can you ask Scott if its ok for me to park my family wagon in one of the back car parks plan on bringing kids up.

Craig.

MadCrazyFrogLady 06 September 2012 06:39 PM

Is it likely to be muddy at the location? Reason I ask is I'm disabled n use a spaz chaz for getting about. It's brand new as old 1 didn't fit in Ruby's boot so I don't really want it muddied up first trip out.

Foxdie 06 September 2012 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by MadCrazyFrogLady (Post 10779677)
Is it likely to be muddy at the location? Reason I ask is I'm disabled n use a spaz chaz for getting about. It's brand new as old 1 didn't fit in Ruby's boot so I don't really want it muddied up first trip out.

Heya, very unlikely, most of the area is concreted and it's been sunny all week (and will be on the day) :)

samuelellis 06 September 2012 08:18 PM

as he said its been sunny all week so far and from what i can see we shoudl be ok weather wise on the day

BTW did you need extra space at the front/side of the car? If so let us know and we will sort out giving you some more space around your car

szabon 06 September 2012 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by grumpypants (Post 10779609)

Kevin

Do you want us to put the link back up to the Candlelighters? We were asked to take it down until everyone knew what charity they wanted, but since everyone is ok for the Candlelighters, then I really don't see the issue......

Crai8088 06 September 2012 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by szabon (Post 10779857)
Do you want us to put the link back up to the Candlelighters? We were asked to take it down until everyone knew what charity they wanted, but since everyone is ok for the Candlelighters, then I really don't see the issue......

I cannot see it hurting, its the same Charity and those oversea's and not able to make it can still donate direct to them.

bustaMOVEs 06 September 2012 10:29 PM

Attention please-

Can I stress people that are not on the list please DON'T come as its full already even overflow car parks and if people just come along and think they can park on road then find out there's no room and cause a backlog of traffic, then the police may just take over and shut it down.
And people that are just hoping to come and squeeze in in hope, there is non

So please avoid at all costs, have respect for Connor, and can people pass this message onto relevant sites

The charity will be back up on that site soon so people who want to show their respects and donate then do that to candlelighters Yorkshire..

Will300 06 September 2012 10:42 PM

If any one wants a group pass, I've got this sorted now. PM me the group and its members.

Group Pass - will show a BRZ in the background.

Sample

beckiandrobwrx 06 September 2012 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 10780058)
Attention please-

Can I stress people that are not on the list please DON'T come as its full already even overflow car parks and if people just come along and think they can park on road then find out there's no room and cause a backlog of traffic, then the police may just take over and shut it down.
And people that are just hoping to come and squeeze in in hope, there is non

So please avoid at all costs, have respect for Connor, and can people pass this message onto relevant sites

The charity will be back up on that site soon so people who want to show their respects and donate then do that to candlelighters Yorkshire..

Ok no worries :( didn't realise we hadn't done it properly to register to come will let yjoc know not to come hope Conner Has a fantastic day

ASTRA2507 06 September 2012 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by beckiandrobwrx (Post 10780077)
Ok no worries :( didn't realise we hadn't done it properly to register to come will let yjoc know not to come hope Conner Has a fantastic day

you could always organise a meet of your own in your area and raise some donations, that way you would be part of the day :)