Notices
Projects For Serious DIY Car Projects

The Bug - Refreshed

Search this Thread

Old 24 February 2015, 01:23 PM
GIBZY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it is still the TD04 (for the moment) i have heard that if you go DV'less on anything smaller than a VF turbo then they are prone to failing prematurely. i think in the not to distant future i am going to go for an and forest hybrid turbo TD04 and then maybe delete the DV.

Last edited by GIBZY; 24 February 2015 at 01:28 PM.
Old 24 February 2015, 01:59 PM
JamieJerkovic
Scooby Regular

What did you clean the lights with?
Old 24 February 2015, 02:25 PM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

i believe its the TD0blah are grand for dvless but the VF series are more prone to breaking due to their higher spin speeds.

You've that much extra pipework though with the front mount you won't be hitting it as hard as the top mount short pipe run would.

You should check out the carberry stuph the opensource guys are doing you can run it on a bug and gives you antilag/flat foot shift/mafless fun times.
Old 24 February 2015, 02:36 PM
jacob360
Scooby Regular

great to see the progress again
Old 24 February 2015, 04:49 PM
GIBZY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JamieJerkovic
What did you clean the lights with?
Lights were done with jewellers rouge and p1500 wet and dry. Finished with mega ultimate compound and sealed in dodo juice supernatural wax

Originally Posted by bludgod
i believe its the TD0blah are grand for dvless but the VF series are more prone to breaking due to their higher spin speeds.

You've that much extra pipework though with the front mount you won't be hitting it as hard as the top mount short pipe run would.

You should check out the carberry stuph the opensource guys are doing you can run it on a bug and gives you antilag/flat foot shift/mafless fun times.
IBe already got an ecu with ECUtech on it. But I may give the carberry look later. Cheers

Originally Posted by jacob360
great to see the progress again
Thanks Jacob. It's been a while, 😀
Old 24 February 2015, 04:54 PM
JamieJerkovic
Scooby Regular

Whats jewellers rouge lol? Have you got a link mate? Been on ebay seems to be loads of different ones
Old 24 February 2015, 06:06 PM
GIBZY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JamieJerkovic
Whats jewellers rouge lol? Have you got a link mate? Been on ebay seems to be loads of different ones
This is the stuff you need fella. I hand applied mine with p1500 and finished with polish on a DA
Old 24 February 2015, 06:31 PM
JamieJerkovic
Scooby Regular

Thanks bud!
Old 24 February 2015, 06:34 PM
GIBZY
Scooby Regular

No worries
Old 24 February 2015, 09:30 PM
GIBZY
Scooby Regular

So as she slowly starts to re-emerge as something that resembles an Impreza. I start to pick up the pace. As the grunt is almost over and the beautification process can begin. Getting the map done will be the next big hurdle with the fitters putting on the up and down pipes, aswell as the injectors and 3 port boost solenoid.
To finish off in the bay I wil be adding a black Perrin alternator cover, changing all of the FMIC couplers to orange, adding a new battery bar and some mishimoto radiator top brackets.

Tonight's efforts seen the lights pre fitted and all of the ballasts hidden away in the wings and the rest of the wiring under the NEW radiator panel.

So as she slowly starts to re-emerge as something that resembles an Impreza. I start to pick up the pace. As the grunt is almost over and the beautification process can begin. Getting the map done will be the next big hurdle with the fitters putting on the up and down pipes, aswell as the injectors and 3 port boost solenoid.
To finish off in the bay I wil be adding a black Perrin alternator cover, changing all of the FMIC couplers to orange, adding a new battery bar and some mishimoto radiator top brackets.

Tonight's efforts seen the lights pre fitted and all of the ballasts hidden away in the wings and the rest of the wiring under the NEW radiator panel.

Old 25 February 2015, 10:36 PM
GIBZY
Scooby Regular

Only managed to get a little done tonight as I had to get some work done for the in laws.

Light are all wired up. Something's not quite right. Side /dipped and mains working perfect. Indicators are flashing a million miles an hour. Could it be a dirty relay connector???

Old 29 July 2015, 01:26 PM
GIBZY
Scooby Regular

Some thing just take so much time on this build. Or it might just be me being a lazy bum... Any how, here are some small updates

First things first an indoor car cover, to keep the dust at bay.

The wheels have been taken off. Filled flatted and primed before having a new top coat of WRX gold

FMIC Pipe work wrapped in heat shield to keep all that cold compressed air from being heated by engine bay temps

and last but not least a quick whip round the car pullin filling and priming all of the dings.