ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Coilovers to spec c suspension

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2014, 08:16 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coilovers to spec c suspension

So currently have a hawkeye with some form of tein coilovers fitted and I personally find them to harsh on the roads round my way. The car is used as a daily driver and next year will potentially see a track day or two, nothing other than for a little bit if fun. Also have fitted a uprated rear anti roll bar from Cdf yet I'm not sure it's the correct one as powerstation commented on the fit so will probably replace it with one from whiteline along with front and rear drop links.

So was considering removing the tein suspension and fitting some standard sti shocks with uprated springs, yet on the search I have been offered a set up from a hawkeye spec c so what do you think, few questions

This a backwards step?

Would you fit uprated springs to the spec c struts?
or leave them as the are?

Thanks in advance
Old 22 September 2014, 08:23 PM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi,

I'm pretty sure that CDF's ARB are made in the same place that whiteline are made?
I have standard suspension on my spec c, all good for me "I might fit some decent lowering springs" in the future.
Old 22 September 2014, 09:18 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BBB3
Hi,

I'm pretty sure that CDF's ARB are made in the same place that whiteline are made?
I have standard suspension on my spec c, all good for me "I might fit some decent lowering springs" in the future.
It was on the car when I got it. The suspension needed addressing so popped it up to powerstation and they mentioned it looked wrong and was rubbing so it's been on the list to replace. With the thought of removing the tein suspension it made sense to do it all at once.

It has been pulled off a car that has covered less than 20k yet it will still be 6/7 years old so cautious on if it will suffer the same issues as the UK cars and start knocking in the future.

How do you find the ride on the UK roads?

And you don't happen to have a side on picture for the ride height? Assume you're on original sti 17's
Old 23 September 2014, 08:15 AM
GeeDee
Scooby Regular

Not sure you want uprated springs to go with the shocks if you don't like a harsh ride.

Over the next week or so I should be getting my original "new" standard shocks fitted with springs and bump stops designed by Prodrive's ex suspension guru at PCA Developments who i believe was involved with the RB320 and P1 to name but two.

I'll let you know how I get on although probably won't be for at least threes weeks.
Old 23 September 2014, 10:22 AM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you look on my thread there is a few pictures but with the prodrive wheels.
Old 23 September 2014, 03:01 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gdavey
Not sure you want uprated springs to go with the shocks if you don't like a harsh ride.

Over the next week or so I should be getting my original "new" standard shocks fitted with springs and bump stops designed by Prodrive's ex suspension guru at PCA Developments who i believe was involved with the RB320 and P1 to name but two.

I'll let you know how I get on although probably won't be for at least threes weeks.
Over the years I've had various set ups over the years and these just are too firm for me. Uprated springs on the other hand haven't been an issue in the past. Just figured as the struts are already off the car it might be worth considering popping them on now rather than deciding to upgrade at a later date and having to pull it all off again
Old 23 September 2014, 03:01 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BBB3
If you look on my thread there is a few pictures but with the prodrive wheels.
Ok nice one, will take a look