Subaru Discussion Forums

Go Back   ScoobyNet > Community > ScoobyNet General
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by

Welcome to ScoobyNet.com!
Subaru forum
Welcome to the ScoobyNet.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 07 October 2007, 19:48   #1
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Trader Score: (3)
This is my Scooby.  To set up your own Scooby, go to your user cp, and click 'Edit Settings'.
Default Key Fob Battery

May need to replace the batery in the key fob soon, are these just normal batteries (similar to watch type) or are they a different type for car alarms i.e. hold more power?

Its for a 05 impreza, (large key with single lock/unlock button)

Thanks
Daz.
DarrenSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 October 2007, 21:07   #2
blue scoo ste
Scooby Regular

Trader Score: (0)

if you have your hand book i would read throught to see section on changing batteries , sometimes you only have a limited time to swap your batties or you will lose the programming to operate your lock/unlock button
blue scoo ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 October 2007, 21:20   #3
D1CCY
Old Git

Battery is 1620 Duracell, Panasonic, Energizer all good, I think handbook says replace within 10 minutes of removal, don't know why.
D1CCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 October 2007, 21:24   #4
powerwrx
please call again.!!

Trader Score: (9)
Send a message via MSN to powerwrx
This is my Scooby.  To set up your own Scooby, go to your user cp, and click 'Edit Settings'.

while were on the subject,one of my fobs for my sigma alarm is on its way out, needs a new battery. is it just a normal round one or a special one.
powerwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 October 2007, 21:41   #5
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Nice one D1CCY, will have a look in the local car shops for one.
I would have thought all key fob batteries are the round flat ones , bearing in mind the size of the fob's.
Old 08 October 2007, 08:54   #6
D1CCY
Old Git

It is a round flat one. With all these 4 number batteries the number dscribes the size. A 1620 is 16mm diameter and 2.0mm thick. a 2025 would be 20mm dia and 2.5mm thick etc. Watch out as there is a 2016 which won't fit your fob.
D1CCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 October 2007, 18:46   #7
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Just an update, new battery fitted tonight, brought from Halfords at 3.49. Model number:- CR1620. Fitted in 1min, now key fob works from a far greater distance, will get another for the spare.

PowerWRX, just to confirm to you that yes it IS a round battery, about the size of a five pence piece.

Do I have to inform my insurance company about this modification, will it add much BHP

Old 08 October 2007, 18:46

Tags
2004, 2007, battery, change, fob, impreza, intermittently, key, keyfob, replacement, replacing, subara, subaru, type, works