Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Insurance result!

Old 11 April 2017, 08:17 PM
Wull
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance result!

Well not really, but better than a kick in the *****.

When I organised to go see the Evo I did an online web chat for a quote and to have the hatch insured as a temporary vehicle until it was sold. I was told I could insure it for 30 days at a time and for up to 90 days maximum as a temporary vehicle.

In the end up I was told that the cost of having the hatch as a temporary vehicle would be nothing, absolutely **** all. Very good I thought, this was the Thursday evening, 16th of March.

The Saturday after when I viewed the car, I set it all up via web chat and at the end I was charged £138, I wasn't not sure what for but because I was in a rush I never queried it, I actually thought they may have charged me again for the breakdown cover.

So on the Monday I phoned them up and queried the payment to be told it was for the temporary cover. So from then until now I've been chasing them up and getting nowhere. Finally today we went over the transcripts from the Thursday and the Saturday web chats and finally they've refunded me the payment that I made of £138.

It's clear as day that I was told the cost would be £0. They ****ed up!

I would never have accepted 30 days worth of cover for that price, that's more than 1/3 of my annual cover so it would make no sense, I'd rather pay the annual cost and cancel when the car sells, that will work better for me.

Just a pity it has taken nearly a month to sort.

Search this Thread