Notices

Why wont my clifford chirp when i put the alarm on and off?

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2003, 12:39 PM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just yesterday my alarm stopped chirping when activating and de activating.I have had a look in the owners manual to see if I have pressed several buttons together to make this function disapear but I cant see anything like that.Has any one else had this problem or does anyone know how to get my chirp back?the model is a clifford 300.

many thanks
Old 27 April 2003, 02:32 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face

Your probably one of several dozen people who have this problem (me included) but i remember someone saying they defaulted back to the factory settings and it worked again but dont take my word on it if you want to have a go

Tony
Old 27 April 2003, 07:51 PM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

I will have a chat with my clifford bloke and will post you the results if i am succesful.Thanks Tony.
Old 27 April 2003, 10:57 PM
ganite
Scooby Newbie

It is possibly to de-activate to 'chirps' by button pressing
(I have de-activated mine), so in theory, you should be able to
activate it by "button pressing" - its in the manual!!
Why do u want 'chirps' anyway ! It annoys the neighbours at
2 am

alan
Old 28 April 2003, 12:42 PM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

I think its just because I am so used to the chirp that I want it back.I will have another look in the manual and try to sort it out myself.I thought it was probably me pressing too many buttons in one go would de-activate it as they have a lot of options on the fob.

Thanks again.
Old 30 April 2003, 12:50 PM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

tried all the activate options and even the re-set back to factory options and have had no joy still.Looks like I might have to take to the clifford dealer to get this sorted,unless some one else can come up with something new.DR CLIFFORD? maybe.
Old 01 May 2003, 09:27 PM
MY03 SRT
Scooby Newbie

Hi Green Scooby,

I have had exactly the same problem.

When I spoke to my local dealer they said that it was due to having tried the "return to factory settings".

They reckon when you do this it returns it to USA factory settings (not UK settings) which are no chirps on arming / disarming. In addition, doing this also removes the automatic valet exit when the ignition is turned on. This means the only way to turn the valet mode off is to use the remote control or the PlainView2 buttons.

Try setting your valet system and seeing if it remains active when you turn on the ignition.

The problem with deactivating the automatic valet exit is that this feature is required for Thatcham approval (according to the Concept 600 manual - pg14).

Apparantly, the only way to restore the main brain to its original settings is by sending it back to Clifford who can reprogramme it.

There is absolutely nothing in the maual about any of this. If it this is true then I think Clifford should put a statement to that effect in the manual, thus preventing people from doing it.

In defense of my local dealer they are sorting out the problem for me. I only had the alarm fitted on Monday and by about 7.30pm that evening had managed to **** up the settings so decided on the "return to factory settings" options. Immediately - no chirps etc
When I took the car back they offered to put in a new brain and send mine back to Clifford. When it comes back they will then keep that one. Excellent I thought.
Changed the brain today - everything OK. When I arrived with my spare remote for them to re-programme the guy managed to reset the dam main brain thing back to US settings again.
They are now going to order another unit and swap it again next week.

Hope you get yours sorted out.

Cheers

Si
Old 04 May 2003, 09:24 PM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

cheers my03 srt.The alarm works exactly the same as it did before apart from the beeps even after trying to re set the alarm etc etc.I can still do all the normal functions ie lock doors put valet mode mode on etc etc.Nothing has changed.To tell you the truth I am getting used to it more now but the only down side is I wont be able to see if the alarm has gone off when I have been away from the car as it wont beep and tell me.I will just have to get my **** into gear and speak to the bloke who fitted it and get it sorted that way.

Thanks again mate
Old 04 May 2003, 11:18 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
if it helps - the interior warning light flashes after you
turn the ignition on, to tell you which sensor was activated if
the alarm had gone off while you were absent.....

alan
Old 08 May 2003, 01:27 AM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

Had one of these before, there is a table at the back of the manual. Specifically it goes like this. Turn on ignition (or start engine) then press and hold* until you get a chirp. Press unmarked button 2 times, press * button 1 time. You should have heard 2 chirps when pressing the un marked button then 1 after pressing the * button then after that 1 chirp for 'chirp off' 2chirps for 'Loud' or 3 chirps for 'quiet'. after this turn the ignition off, 3 chirps indicates the system has changed then you should be in buisness, if you leave the ignition on for more than 60 secs after adjusting the setings it will change without any warning
Old 12 May 2003, 12:42 PM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

Drove to work this morning, got out of the car and put the alarm on and guess what???? the alarm chirp has come back on allllll by itself.I was out in the car over the weekend as well and it did not do it at all then.wierd!!!!!!!
Old 12 May 2003, 02:20 PM
7 Foot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine also returned to normal a few weeks back. Only lasted a few days though .
Old 16 May 2003, 03:19 PM
Charlie H
Scooby Regular

The chirps also stop when you have had the car in valet mode. If you're main led is permanently on then when you arm/disarm the chirps won't sound. It should return to normal the next time you use the car. If I remember correctly you can also alter the chirps via the cliffnet wizard pc link.
Old 19 May 2003, 12:45 PM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

the battery ran dead over the week end and now i have no more chirps again ha ha!
Old 27 May 2003, 12:30 AM
:Mike:
Scooby Regular

When I had my Concept 300 fitted a few weeks back, the Clifford installer actually said when I picked it up that if I wanted any of the settings changed to go back and he would do it for me free of charge.
He finds it takes less time doing that than fixing the ****-ups users have made trying to change settings themselves
Old 27 May 2003, 07:53 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Mine stops chirping when it rains, starts again when it dries out
Old 27 May 2003, 01:03 PM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

I am waiting for my chirps to go back on any day now.To tell you the truth I am not bothered now as the rest of the alarm works fine.I just thought it didnt.
Old 28 May 2003, 11:01 PM
mark@wrx
Scooby Regular

Angry

Mine has stopped responding to the key fobs. Both of them! Already had a siren and control unit replaced under waranty. Getting pi55ed off with this alarm now. (CC300)
Old 05 June 2003, 08:26 PM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

thanks albob, had another shot at the alarm last night and everything ok apart from chirps.Even when the alarm does go of it still chirps to say it has been activated,which I thought was strange.

[Edited by GREEN SCOOBY - 5/6/2003 8:27:13 PM]