Old 17 April 2012, 10:10 PM
Joe will
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible Head Gaskit? Need Help Trobble Shooting!

RIGHT, guys just bought another subaru uk2000 with some goodies on, fully decated, kn, remapped, 6pot scoobysport (kad) brakes near new, set of 3 defi gauges, samco pipes under bonnet, strut brace, alloy rad, sti spoiler, whiteline links, rb5 alloys, think thats about it. 113k on the clock, w reg, candy red, with 4 previous owers.

I bought it to break but after cleaning it and driving up the feilds its to good to break. The lad i bought it off could no longer afford to keep it as having kids, and it started over heating he couldnt afford the expense. Well he parked it out on his road, were it was stood there for a year till the tax ran out and the dvla and couciel started giving him ****. So moved to his friends garage who said were spend abit of time having a look to see why its over heating.

They done:

thermerstate
clean and checked water pump

Put it back together and still over heated.

so it was up for grabs i see abit of a bargin and thought are go for it.

SO? whats wrong with it? i had it running on the yard and me, my bro and my dad all had a blits around one of the grass feilds and doesnt as yet over heat. But i think on a road on a trip it will.

Is there anything i can try to narrow down the problem? or signs to look for? ie:

sensors
coolent air locks
theres no crap on oil or coolent caps.

WHAT YOU RECKON CHAPS?

cheers joe