View Single Post
Old 29 August 2012, 05:58 PM
serious detailing
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lordharding
Hi guys
Sorry cant be much help as flying at the weekend but seems under control last night emailing busta and tone now it gone massive
Insurance
Event insurance services .co.uk
Cost will be aprox £150
You must have it for any venue or show cover for a million and up to 1000 people last time I used them it might be £200 for over 1000 now

Can be organised with credit card over the phone and emailed policy for the next day and a hard copy posted in 2days ,hence that why I need the list when I organise the NBO for numbers
Marshalls
Ok for a thousand cars aprox you are going to need a team of 40 minimum
Suggest you start a list on scoobynet for help immediately on that
Each marshall should really wear a yellow jacket for visibility
I use 20 to park 400 cars at the NBO in just under an hour
Will need a team briefing and say 2marshalls per line of 50 just to get them in as it's a Hugh logistics exercise and will need a line of marshalls 4meters apart at the entrance to lead them on and keep the cars moving otherwise you get serious backlogs that can go for miles unless they are moving quickly
Its a great job marshalling them as they see the cars coming in first hand

First aid officers
You will need 2/3 so just put a request out on scoobynet ,plenty people are qualified so will need them there preferably to Marshall as well
Food vans thats good recomend 3/4 for numbers expected and of course ask them to donate
Buckets for collection covered with cling film to keep the tenner dry
A sign up for no change given as we always get an idiot or two wanting change from a tenner
Suggest a tenner per car so you don't have to bother with loose change or coins which take time to count
If you can get zippys charity there woth their buckets it will take the pressure off the marshalls
We normally have 4buckets for the NBO and all get full as people drive in as the cars pile in suggest a couple of buckets collectors walk up the length of the cars getting money as its helps with quickness for collection as that slows things down with people looking for their wallet
Toilets is now a major consideration which will have to be provided ,that's one thing I've no experience with as Lightwater valley supply them with the field so not sure how a ratio of toilets per people expected works prehaps a toilet company can gave the figures and price and will need set up the day beforehand
We always have a sound system and dj at the NBO which takes a bit of setting up prehaps someone local has a contact dj as you do need a man behind the mike
Trophies seem sorted and of course you Conner should present them although to walk around 1000 cars would be too much for anyone to walk up and down the rows as it takes 1 hour to walk around 400 cars at the NBO ,hence we have an arena maybe if zippy and Connor were there at the start as its a great feeling watching the cars come in ,hence I like to greet them all at the NBO ,make sure a photographer is there to get magic smiles and happy faces ,also make sure there is a umbrella or sun cream depending in the weather
If its going to be muddy ,possibility of a 4/4 might be needed to pull cars out of the mud for a fee to charity of course and maybe some cardboard or boards to put down at the entrance as 2wd cars spin and get bogged down more then AWD
When did the first NBO and had 400 cars we had 8 rows of 50 so maybe 3 /4 a marshalls per Row to get them stacked up as close as possible ,don't worry about door dents a you might need the space ! Also a full space in front so cars can drive away from it and not get blocked in .that is an important job for marshalling otherwise people just park up and leave too much space and you will panick big time if spaces are getting filled up
Depending on a list prehaps a meeting point for 100 cars at the difference meeting points as a block of 100 cars are easier with a phone call made to the field
Also a convoy leader is importance at a meeting point to gave a safety briefing and to make sure no car overtakes him so he then can keep the speeds down to a legal limit otherwise people tend to let rip and risk accidents on a convoy which would be a disaster for the event

Make sure you get someone to do a free Conner and zippy banner too !

Sorry to give you guys even more work but these things is what I've learned from ten years of the NBO
i'll Marshall i have a hi vis jacket