View Single Post
Old 08 September 2012, 08:34 PM
Mid_Life_Crisis_NESF
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My poorly car!

Lol wasn't posing .. this pic was my poorly car!

The story:

The belt snapped just about 4 miles from where we had to get to - so off went the power steering and on came the battery light and warning light.

If you look at the top left hand side of the pic, you can see the remnants of the alternator belt !

The car was then just cooling off minus a few bits when this pic was taken.

I went to ask if anyone knew where I might get a belt and Connor's Dad told me about a garage he gets his parts from and even rang them to see if they could deliver it to him, however they had no vans in today ... A friend of Connor's Dad then offered to take me to the garage .. and ran me up there (but wouldn't accept any petrol money) - Connors dad even offered tools to help if we were stuck - Top people with much much more important things on their minds and for that we thank them from the bottom of our hearts

Trev one of the member from the NESF.co.uk forum then very kindly fitted the belt for us (again wouldn't accept anything from us - but we owe him a drink ) and we are very grateful, THANK YOU![IMG]The story: The belt snapped just about 4 miles from where we had to get to - so off went the power steering and on came the battery light and warning light. Paul went to ask if anyone knew where he might get a belt and Connor's Dad told him about a garage he gets his parts from and even rang them to see if they could deliver it to him, however they had no vans in today ... A friend of Connor's Dad then offered to take Paul to the garage .. and ran him up there (but wouldn't accept any petrol money) - Connors dad even offered tools to help if we were stuck - Top people with much much more important things on their minds and for that we thank them from the bottom of our hearts Trev then very kindly fitted the belt for us (again wouldn't accept anything from us - but we owe you a drink ) and we are very grateful, THANK YOU!