View Single Post
Old 16 November 2012, 04:53 PM
DemianLara
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone, I was looking for some info about the EJ20's and on the web I couldnt find the info I need, so I'm coming to see if anyone could help me out,

The thing is,

My Subaru Impreza, is a 2liter N/A 2011, EJ20 naturally aspirated ( automatic ), and I'd like to improve it's performance by a bit, acceleration and retake acceleration, I know that the engine can handle over 250 perhaps over 300HP, but I'm quite confortable with about 200-230HP, would be more agile than my mom's 3.0R Legacy so that would be enough for me,

But the problem is that are many ppl who says they can "do" a turbo kit for it, and I dislike the idea of doing something without engineering put on it, and as for the Subaru WRX or STi when using EJ20's I figger Subaru used alot of engineering to produce/fabricate that, so I'd like to use and standart kit for a WRX to mount on my EJ20,

The problem so far is that I can't find someone who knows about them, to check if is just switch the original parts and install the WRX kit, and work the ECU, or if there's any other difference I need to work on and make a different part or buy a model part for that switch,

The ECU I figger I need to use the same one because of the gearbox, maybe switch with a new WRX aut ECU's, but I'm thinking about using a Fueltech ECU, that would allow me to use several maps and perhaps chance a bit the performance while using the car and not requiring me to get to the garage to make such change,

But the WRX kit, and by that I mean the exhaust from the block to the turbine, the turbine, the intake to the compressor and from that to the intercooler, the admission from the intercooler to the block, and all peripherics required, is what is making me trouble sleeping about it, I'd try to the maximun to use original parts, for not look like tuning, I like the stealth mode of the original, and well, it is already a pretty over power look, at least here in Brazil,

So if anyone could answer me that, I'd be very much pleased,

Thank you for your time, and sorry about any mispells on my english xD

Demian Lara