Thread: My Hawkeye WRX
View Single Post
Old 30 April 2013, 10:35 PM
Muzza80
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cheers for the comments

UPDATE:

My 24mm rear and 22mm front bars and droplink kit arrived last week for my Hawkeye from the CDF Racing group buy.

Everything looks excellent quality and the bars really look like they will hold up to the crap roads and weather we get here in the UK.
For the price I got it all in the group buy I have to say it really was a bargain.

So decided at 7:45pm yesterday that I'd go fit the rear ARB and droplinks, not leaving much time given it gets dark about 9pm here and I was doing it outside but was happy to finish it tomorrow if I couldn't tonight.

First thing I noticed is how puny the standard RARB really is compared to the CDF.

I need not have worried, took me a hour with putting the tools away, dead simple

The only things to mention and the one thing that had me puzzled for a while was that there's more washers than you need on each bolt, I couldn't work out where to put them all when it dawned on me that in fact you don't need them all and the diagram snows you where you do need them so don't worry when you're left with a few spare big washers

I also had to very slightly enlarge the space in the bracket that the bottom of the drop links fit into as they were too tight to get in so to get the bolt hole lined up.

Anyway, out for a quick blast and you notice it immediately, even on the middle setting. Turn in is much more precise and on long fast sweeping bends the car is so much more planted than with the standard RARB but be warned if you don't have good tyres, this will only exaggerate that and could very easily land you in trouble if it's damp. Get some good rubber on and a good geo setup is my advice.

Cant wait to get the front fitted tomorrow, hoping it will be as simple but I suspect not, we will see.

UPDATE 2

On another note I got the wheels refurbed today and to say I'm pleased is an understatement lol

I'm also overjoyed to get my Eagle F1 Assy 2's back on, the cheapo tyres that the wheels came with were not doing the car any favours.

Still need to sort the center caps as they're gold ATM with the black Rota badge, have a nice set of Prodrive badges to put on them once they're painted, this will complete my fake (oops lol) Prodrive CG10 (£600 a pop if you can find them!!) wheels until I can afford/find a real set lol

Got them done at Chameleon Metal Coatings ( www.chameleonmetalcoatings.co.uk ) who have recently moved to Lloyd Street IND Estate in Rutherglen.

I've used them for years and their service is always top class, they were £180 on a same day service and the finish is a flawless titanium powdercoat (slightly lighter than Anthracite) which apparently I have a bit of a fetish for as I had two sets of wheels done the same on my previous Focus ST3.

I've had daft quotes for refurbs locally and always come back to Chameleon, while their range of colours is not the biggest the finish is always been top class for me and they're a right friendly bunch of guys too.

All comments welcome and thanks again.

Muzza

Last edited by Muzza80; 30 April 2013 at 10:42 PM.