Thread: My Hawkeye WRX
View Single Post
Old 03 May 2013, 10:09 PM
Muzza80
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by daviee
Who did the refurb on the wheels and what colour are they they look spot on , I need the my spare work XT7s done and how much ???? you can PM me if you like. The car is looking well taking shape nicely. I got the thick end of £20 k to buy a new car but nowt floats my boat so my car is going to get a couple of grand thrown at it and keep saving for a other year.

Got them done at Chameleon Metal Coatings ( www.chameleonmetalcoatings.co.uk ) who have recently moved to Lloyd Street IND Estate in Rutherglen (Glasgow).

I've used them for years and their service is always top class, they were £180 on a same day service and the finish is a flawless titanium powdercoat (slightly lighter than Anthracite) which apparently I have a bit of a fetish for as I had two sets of wheels done the same on my previous Focus ST3.

Throwing money at a car is a habit of mine, go for it lol!

Originally Posted by Road Warrior
Cracking looking WRX

I did the same as you with my Hawk WRX too, has Spec C seats in it too and I love them!

Customised the Brembos a bit though :P

Are you fitting the rear Brembos too? They bolt right in but you'll need to get extended handbrake shoes to fit the rear Sti discs.

Good to read the difference the ARB makes, thats next on my list of mods, plus new shocks as I have the dreaded knock...

Cheers mate

Yeah had leather in my previous 3 cars and couldnt go back I don't think, really smartens it up inside too.

Also fitted a Pioneer F940BT as the standard stereo was dire, I missed the handsfree bluetooth and Nav, great unit and "free" map updates available

Love the brakes mate, look wicked! Mine were pretty mint tho so couldn't justify getting them refurbed, I do need to get stainless bleed nipples tho, that reminded me thanks!

I have the rears with shoes and everything ready to go on, just need to find the time as been so busy with work and what time I've had off the weather's been shocking lol

thanks again.

Muzza