Old 27 August 2013, 03:38 PM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cpt Jack Sparrow
I've heard of this ^^^^

its the palm of you hand shorting the aireals, surley that would only drop the signal when you pick it up???
Yes, but I wasn't sure if the op picks the phone up and sees no signal.
It might also be the same if it's in a pocket, but close enough to flesh itself.

The other thing is that if the phone is iffy anyway (and apparently it's not a bog standard occurrance, a bit like 2.5l engine probs or not) then it's likely that it will be hit and miss even without being handled.
I know they've had replacement phones. Have they all been iphone 4s ?

The main problem is that it's gone too far down the line to have a strong case imo.
If it had never really worked and the matter had been pushed - I notice they ensured the 14-day cooling-off period came and went - then perhaps yes.
(I have to say I let O2 off too easily, but I'm hoping to have revenge when I tell them I'm off somewhere else after 14 years and by my estimate around £7,000, so I can understand).

However, if the op can either a) use someone else's i-phone on Vodaphone OK but simultaneously can't use their own; or b) someone else can't use his either then there is a chance of persuading Vodaphone that something's up.

Slim I know.