View Single Post
Old 24 October 2002, 10:48 PM
Ivor_the_engine_ChooChoo!
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tractor engines are more basic???? Have you any idea of the sort of machinery that use red diesel. Tractors, and diggers etc, eg Caterpillers and the like, are far from basic. These are very hi-tech machines costing a lot more than a poxy range rover.
In my experience, Ive heard of more garages diluting white diesel than I have ever heard of red diesel. There is simply more profit to be made that way by garages. There is one garage local to me, which is now shut down, that was pumping approx 3-5000 ltrs of heating oil a week into his diesel tank. Eventually he got caught, but he had been doing it for about 2 years. It was only a number of cars that got stopped and detected, that he was found out.
As for the tax bit. Prescott and Co are robbing us blind. If even a fraction of the money that was taken from us on petrol etc and road tax, and insurance tax etc etc. was put back into the transport and road system, then I would have no objections to paying. As it is, very little of the money ever sees its way back into the roads. The only way it does, is to fuel their big Jags and company cars, and of course Mr Blairs Private jet he uses, as obviously the roads arent good enough for him, and also would be to cheap. He likes to travel in style.
Double standards, and our taxes are paying for their high standard of living, and their free cars, and free fuel etc etc. If they were paying out of their own pockets, I bet it would be a different story.