View Single Post
Old 15 February 2001, 08:26 PM
Alex Clydesdale
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Over the weekend I noticed that Scoobysport has added "WRX/STi Service manuals" to their website price list, so on monday I phoned them and asked if they had one for a MY94 STi, they said they did and I had one ordered and it arrived through the post this morning.
The one they sent me is surprisingly less technical than the title "WRX/STi Service manual" had suggested, and the cover on the delicately bound A5 booklet actually reads "Impreza Owners manual" with a little Japanese flag in the corner. It doesent state which years it covers, but all the interior diagrams show the early style dash (MY92-96 I think)
I was slightly dissapointed to see that the bulk of the book is made up of pages and pages of very clear diagrams showing you things like -how to unlock the door -how to operate the hand brake,how to operate the steering toggles + the switches, how to pull down the sunvisor or open the glove box, how to move the seats back and forwards or pull out the drinks tray out. Frankly, the kind of stuff you know after a couple of days of owning an imported WRX/Sti any way, with no schematics or cross-sections of anything as i had hoped
There is some usefull information, like some of the more in depth Addzest headunit functions, how to take lights out, fuse and circuit locations(not schematics just sketches of the fusebox)some info on different kinds of diffs fitted to these Imprezas. There is a small section at the end called "vehicle maintanence" which contains a service schedual and basic fluid/filter services and damage checklists.
I am glad i bought it as any published info on these mysterious imports is like gold, but it is very much an operators manual.
Cheers, Alex.