View Single Post
Old 13 October 2004, 12:13 PM
Silvafox
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boxst
Hello

So how does that company work? Do you offer the lease at exactly the same amount of money you are paying? Or is it less?

I don't understand why I would want to take over a lease if my monthly payments would be the same if I'd of taken the car myself?

Thanks,

Steve.

It goes like this: You offer your lease to sell or swap with another one, you take over the payments as the other person was. The biggest benefit is that the other person will have paid some of the car off and paid a deposit (if its a contract purchase). Therefore, you get to finish the lease off and make the final payment or hand the car back thus saving a few months of payments and a deposit. For example if someone took over my contract purchase, I paid £2700 deposit and have made £6524 of payments, this was on a £20,000 car 16 months ago. There's 20 months of payments to be made and a balloon payment of £6900 at the end. So if someone takes my lease they get a car with £9225 already paid off or they can just give it back of the lease. If you buy the equivalent car on the same contract pruchase then you'll have to pay deposit and 36 months of payments.....and this way someone would save nearly £10,000 on the purchase price......does this make any sense?!!! If not, the website explains more....