View Single Post
Old 18 October 2005, 08:45 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DonnieDarko
Cheers Sam

one more- what part do i need to get my windows to close when i hold down the beeper button?
Thanks for the kind words above guys.... glad to be able to help.

Unfortunately the "2-button" (euro key) cannot be used to lift the windows and even the Sigma single button (UK key or separate fob) will need a window lift unit (one per pair) to the close the windows.
There are two options:
I would recomend you use the Green/Red wire (pin 4) , which can be programmed to give a negative output to switch a window closer unit whilst the button remains pressed when arming when you wish to lift the windows..
The other option is the Green/Black wire (pin 3) which provdes a negative output the entire time the system is armed - this is only suitable if the window lift unit being used has a built in thermal-trip. Additionally if this option is used the windows will always attempt to lift when the system is armed.

The wire colours mentioned above can only be found on aftermarket Sigma installs. On UK vehicles the wires are not present so the pin number identifies the location at the alarm multi-plug which will be empty.

SS

Last edited by Sigma Sam; 18 October 2005 at 10:19 PM.