View Single Post
Old 19 November 2005, 11:51 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by GC8
I used to think that too; but apparently it wasnt illegal to keep the vehicle on the highway as long as it had an excise license. Ive read a similar editorial in two seperate magazines so Im confident that theyre correct.

Simon
As the recipient 10 years ago of an IN10 (6 points & £150) for having an engineless car on the road outside my parents house taxed but uninsured, I can assure you that this is not the case

Incidentally, my mistrust of the Police and Courts stems from this occassion too. When the police came to my parent's door to ascertain the status of the car, they stated that they had recieved a complaint from a neighbour (the car had been there less than 12hrs by this point), They informed me that if I moved the car within 24hrs I could go down to the station, receive a police caution and thatr would be the end of it. No problem, moved the car, got the caution, carried on with my life. Four months later I received a registered letter saying that a date for my magistrates court appearance, with respect to driving a car whilst un-inisured, had been set for the following week Long story short, I turned up, the prosecution lied, the magistrates believed I was guilty from the moment I stepped into the box, I came away £150 lighter, but far wiser Unfortunately, none of my subsequent personal encounters with either establishment has removed this mistrust, merely reinforced it