View Single Post
Old 14 December 2005, 12:19 AM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Martyn Tonks
OK how many people on here think the M6 Toll Road is a private road and is therefore not subject to any speed limit?

All those who said ME ME ME go to the bottom of the class.

This all started when I was talking to a fellow Scooby owner in the locality who had been pulled by the police for exceeding 100mph on the said road, his excuse "It's a private road that I have to pay to use I can't see any speed limit signs therefore there isn't one"

How wrong he was, I work in the highways industry and meet with Traffic Officers working on the Midlands motorways regularly, they nick loads of motorists on the M6 Toll, all of which are under the same impression.

Asking around people I have met over the last week I was amazed to find that about 50% of those questioned have always assumed that the M6 Toll does not have a speed limit.

Can I put the record straight here, and perhaps help a few people keep their licence. The M6 Toll Road has a 70 MPH speed limit just like any other motorway, take it easy on there because as per usual the plain unmarked cars patrol it just as much as the marked cars.

So are you like a under cover coper?

Who cares what speed people drive on the Toll...if they don't think a speed limit applies on the Toll, then its there own wrong doing and if they get cought...(well they deserved it)

Though personally i know of no one who has been stopped for speeding on the toll...