View Single Post
Old 11 January 2006, 07:00 PM
mark28
Scooby Regular

Location: "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary...Now that's what gets you."
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zen Performance
Your options are:

MoTeC
GEMS
Autronic

The autronic is probably the cheapest at £1495+vat including fitting and mapping. They work very well and provide good road manners. The MoTeC is arguably better, as it has more features, but most of them will not be used on a road car, the price however reflects this, and you are looking at closer to £1800+vat or more depending on the options you have enabled in the ECU.

If you want ALS for competition use, then I would go with the MoTeC option, but for anything else the Autronic will give arguable better value for money. If you want to start modifying the mapping, you will need to purchase a cable from MoTeC and GEMS to use with their respective ECU, this will add £150-£200+vat to the cost.

Can I ask why you want ALS, and what you think it will give you? It's not a magic fix for lag, and is not without serious side effects.

Paul
well if i had it built in to the ecu, it is allways there if i do want at a later date.maybe for the odd sprint or two. not sure if its really that good to have thats why i am on here learning more about it. not being funny paul but i dont think these items would be made if they did not work or help with lag issues.

so then lets get back on track. i do not really want to start mapping my own car because i would not have a clue about it and would brake it. can alot of places map these with no trouble?? or do alot of places stick to one type of ecu

ps- have you found me a input shaft yet for a RA box

Last edited by mark28; 11 January 2006 at 07:16 PM.