Old 16 February 2007, 06:41 PM
NeilT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DanTheMan
Neil what do you think of the S-Max ?

I have the option of one of these (in LX 1.8TDCi) as a company car and its that or a C4 Picasso 1.6d SX or VW Touran 2.0D.

The SMAX has the biggest boot, 2m long which I need but both the C4 & Touran have cruise control which is nice on long trips, they are all about the same on MPG, so its decision time........
thanks for the replies all - have also posted now on smax owners club (is a there a car that hasnt got its own OC thesedays?) and it seems that all Smaxs do much the same.

Smax - very impressed so far - possibly the best car I've driven for a long time (aside from my STI of course ). torquey diesel 1.8, very quiet on the motorway (we opted for the 6 speed and cruise control) and as you say bundles of room. Can fit wifey, 3 kids, spaniel (in dob box) and luggage in in easily for holidays. Just wish i'd got the adaptive cruise (although £££). Apart from that all good. Ordered ours from Jamjar, was supplied to us from From Bristol and we got free leather and save around 2k on list

MPG pretty good overall - 42 ish mpg

Not driven the citroen though but tested the Touran - didnt like it - very bland.

Neil