View Single Post
Old 03 April 2007, 08:43 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by anthscooby01
Got home tonight to read Notice of Intended Prosecution kindly sent to me by local plod. It seems that my vehicle was observed by the mobile speed camera van displaying 'registration mark that does not comply with standard format'!! Sly b@@ggers!! I do not dispute that my plate has the space moved along a little bit but
1. Surely the mobile speed cameras should not be recording my vehicle in the first place if I am not speeding.
2. How can they prove actual spacing from a photograph.

Seems yet another way screwing more money out of the motorist. Plod had no bother at all sending the N.I.P re this 'illegible' plate. Pathetic!
Even more annoying as couple of weeks ago someone reversed into my wifes car and he admitted he was not insured. I rang plod to see what they would do to help and they said they would not get involved as nobody injured. I asked if it was illegal to drive without insurance to which copper admitted it was but still wanted nowt to do with it. So looks like u can drive round with no insurance, crash into someone, admit to them u have no insurance so nowt they can do to claim off you! However woe betide you if u have 10mm to much space in between your registration numbers. They will have u!!!!!!!!!
MAJOR CRIME!!

Just a fine or points aswell?