View Single Post
Old 20 May 2007, 11:02 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TimmyboyWRX
is the contract from the school or from the local council using the school as a base? just interested, because essex music schools hire out my school as a venue and the head of music is in charge of the outside teachers/instructors that work there.

That may be why the contract is seemingly a little vague regarding number of lessons per term and holiday lessons etc...as its not strictly a school contract, but a council run program that has offered the contract.
The contract is with the County Council and covers work at any school in the County.

I think there is a gov't push for more music in schools and this is part of that initiative. The contract is very vague - it talks about him being responsible for recruiting his own students for example so we haven't really got a clue as to what his job spec is!!

The money is good though and a good starting point for him as it will fund his real ambition which is to develop his band work. I sort of want to keep out of it (he's a big boy now!) but am a bit cross as to lack of guidelines from the County. Does this make any sense? d