Old 27 July 2007, 10:04 AM
carnivorous
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Evo's are quicker unless you REALLY know what you're doing. I always tend to trust Tim Schrick, IMO one of the best road testers on the planet at the moment and a pretty successful DTM guy. He is faster in an STI over varied terrain, but not by much.

As for driving style, it's pretty hard to put into words as it's alot about feel. IMO Evo's aren't much quicker but they FEEL alot quicker. Subarus feel quite planted and safe (unless you're braking hard - OMG - LOL), whereas I find Evos feel a bit floaty but better/pointier on direction changes. With my scoob, I can tell when it's going to break traction and at what end, and I can mess around with it a bit. In an Evo, it feels like the whole thing lets go and the gadgets are taking you round the corner - don't adjust anything just floor it and steer. At least the Evo doesn't understeer like the scoobs.

Both are amazing cars and the Evo probably has a slight edge for the average driver. I still think the scooby, even my lowly WRX PPP, feels MILES better. But then this is ScoobyNet, what did you expect?

https://www.scoobynet.com/images/smilies/smile.gif