View Single Post
Old 03 December 2007, 12:33 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
You can do it, all this 'it's illegal' is *****....

As stated its covered under the OLA 1984, which places a duty of care on landlords/owners to protect 'trespassers' from harm. But ONLY harm that isn't obvious (such as a hidden danger).

You should place warning signs near the barbed wire that CLEARLY state that barbed wire has been installed, and also the signs must clearly describe this danger so that even a 'child' could also understand the danger posed.

You must be careful that there are no allurements, and that the fence, wall and barbed wire are maintained at all times. This is important as if you're aware of gaps in the wire and people crawling through these gaps you would be liable under the act for any harm caused to them.

There are several case laws surrounding this (trespass) and as long as you stop short of laying landmines you'll be fine
That's exactly what I was about to type

It is very legal, all you need to do is put up signage... I looked into this quite seriously when I was renting a scumpit in a scumpit area about 8 years ago...