View Single Post
Old 02 February 2008, 07:37 PM
fivealive
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How do you glue your teeth back in?

I have two crowns, well - not crowns as such - more false teeth which have a 'stud' on them and they sit inside the tooth root.

One of them came out, it's a molar, whilst in Cornwall last year ..... I bought some DenTek cement and stuck it back in.

Later that same holiday a wave knocked my surfboard back into my mouth and loosened my front false tooth .... it didn't come out.

That was last July and I have glued the molar back in on one more occassion, it is no worry really as the natural way it sits is to be pushed back into its socket. The front tooth is another issue alltogether, it is subject to sideways forces ..... it needs securing much stronger.

Anyway, this front tooth popped out half an hour ago - luckily the whole stud came out too. I filled the root with DenTek and smeared some on the stud of the false tooth, pushed it back in and I am handsome again

I can't help but think that some glue would be better than cement?

There was someone on the TV just before Xmas who had 'SuperGlued' their teeth back in ..... seemed to be doing a good job too!

Do you lot carry out DIY Dentistry? I'm an engineer by trade and most of it is simple Engineering ..... I wish Engineers got paid half as much as Dentists mind you!

Any recommendations for clinically safe strong glue? It's cheaper for me to buy the glue and glue the teeth back every 6 months than pay one very expensive visit to the dentist.

Any chemists out there?